Author Topic: Saitek X-55 Rino  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek X-55 Rino
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
Do you guys honestly think you need a $200 stick  :lol?

"Need?"  No.

IMHO though, the game is at its best with a HOTAS, pedals, and head tracking.  If and when my X-52 dies, I'm going to be looking hard at the X-55.  Hopefully I'll have a couple years of reviews to check back on by then.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
After endless Saitek money down the drain, I purchased a CH HOTAS in '04. Haven't spent a cent since. $300 initial outlay for Fighterstick, peds & throttle via Provantage.com  Highly recommended.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 10:03:54 PM »
It's the same physical sticks as the x65. That thing wouldn't center up after a week of gameplay and they wouldn't even honor the 30 warentee. This thing has more buttons and some spring rates like an x52 or 52 pro. I've also had the x45. Looks cool I will give it that. I now use a thrustmaster warthog. Simply the best stick i've used hands down. I've had an x45,x52,x52pro,x65, cougar hotas, and a chfighterstick. The worst feeling as far as buttons was the ch. The worst as far as holding center was the x65 and 52. Under the warthog would be the cougar hotas then the 52 pro was good. Surprisingly the Saitek pedals version one have lasted close to 7 years now.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:29 PM »
I made the mistake of buying a saitek once. For that money you could get one of those new russian sticks.
which ones are those
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 12:49:40 AM »
the black mamba
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:30 AM »
Pics please
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 01:58:13 AM »
This is the setup worth investing in;

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 01:59:55 AM »
Oh I forgot, they even cater to B38 pilots

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »
I've tried a few different joysticks.. Someone on here suggested the thrustmaster t16000m...  It is head and shoulders above anything i've tried.. super smooth and accurate, it uses some sort of magnet technology that gives it amazing resolution... Just my 2 cents!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:33:18 AM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 03:06:06 AM »
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR FLYING GAMES
Why isn't AH ever mentioned on these kind of lists? Did Hitech piss off the wrong people?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »
Envy much?

no one needs a 200.00 stick....ive played this game with a 35.00 Logitech stick before....but if someone WANTS to spend that much who cares?  I currently have a Warthog and a VKB Black Mamba as well as various other flight simulation hardware installed in a Obutto cockpit. ive probably spent something on the order of several thousand on this stuff but it's my hobby, my money which I earned through legitimate labor....so who cares? Im not saying having this stuff improves anyone's ability in the game (though a good HOTAS setup can certainly help) but its fun and it improves immersion.

^^
This right here.  Give any good pilot a 20$ stick and they'll still perform well, but having a really good stick or hotas is still preferable, and I'll bet 90% of said pilots would agree. 

Fulcrum, you should put another pic of your cockpit up in this thread, it's one of the best I've seen on this site.

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »
^^
This right here.  Give any good pilot a 20$ stick and they'll still perform well, but having a really good stick or hotas is still preferable, and I'll bet 90% of said pilots would agree. 

Fulcrum, you should put another pic of your cockpit up in this thread, it's one of the best I've seen on this site.
    yes, let's see that set up so I can drool over it.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 06:32:45 AM »
^^

I need to do so.  I've made several changes since I added the Black Mamba stick into the mix and I'm thinking I've very nearly "finished" it.  I also owe everyone a review of the Black Mamba stick which I promised last year.  I will see if I can get that done and post sometime over the weekend.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 06:46:59 AM »
I am about to buy a X52 pro with pro rudder pedals with the money i saved for last 6 months... but now reading the comments under this topic made me think again... So i am not sure
if its smart to spend like 250$ on this now.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »
I am about to buy a X52 pro with pro rudder pedals with the money i saved for last 6 months... but now reading the comments under this topic made me think again... So i am not sure
if its smart to spend like 250$ on this now.
         take everything in here said with a grain of salt and go for it!  If you love the game and adding hardware is part of the equation for you then pound the 250.00. Then let us know how happy you are you went with your instinks! Lol. Peace
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR