Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 4807 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »
Been flying the 109G6 for years. One 20mm cannon in the spinner, 2 13mm guns on the engine cowling. Not too heavily armed, yet never had problems with getting kills.

I never had problems getting kills in the C202 either. The problem is getting ganged while peppering the enemy as it takes a bit longer to score on it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
Been flying the 109G6 for years. One 20mm cannon in the spinner, 2 13mm guns on the engine cowling. Not too heavily armed, yet never had problems with getting kills.

Probably don't have problems getting mugged either.  Not exactly a valid argument.

My hit % is 5.65 and I am an assists machine just like the OP complained about.   His point is valid.

I have also caused a guy to auger right in front of or right behind me a dozen times.  No victory credit. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
stay out of the green gang....poof...no more assists. :aok

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »

That's not your score that's your perk balance. And yes, there are no perks for assists. But they actually do count towards score (indirectly), the damage you inflict on the enemy goes to "Kill Points" (which are actually 'damage points', as the kill itself gives only 1 single score point.)

I thought kill point were the difference in eny of the play you fly vs what you kill. I always fly eny 35 and 40 planes when not In a 262 (which I can't afford right now because after ten yrs In this game I have 17 fighter perks right now (sorry for the rant)). Also I'm 48 I'm the game in kill point. It's always my best category. So if true; you just shattered my happiness, in thinking I was one of the better guys at using crappy plane to shoot down good one. I'm sad now and need another beer. :cry 🍺

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 03:18:08 AM »
My hit % is 5.65 and I am an assists machine just like the OP complained about.   His point is valid.
Well with 5.6% hit ratio, i wouldnt be complaining about that it is the system's fault. My hit ratio was around 15% when purely furballing and 18-22% when was trying to intercept some bombers too. K/D was between 1.5-3.3, thats absolutely nothing special. When was switching to the Dora, the hit percentage was 10-12%, the K/D went up to 3-5 while both doing some intercepting, BnZing and slow speed turnfighting. Got like 15 times more kills than assists, maybe because there werent many green dudes around me to steal my kills. Just because you cannot hit chit, the OP wont be right and it wont be the system's fault.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 03:27:53 AM »
I thought kill point were the difference in eny of the play you fly vs what you kill.

No, eny has no influence on score whatsoever. It's striktly used for determining perk gains and arena balance only.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 03:35:33 AM »
stay out of the green gang....poof...no more assists. :aok

Better yet, they should learn how to aim and shoot, no more assists.  This tour out of 179+ kills, only 17 assists this tour and that's because I usually hit what I aim for and I aim for critical areas on the bandit's plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
Well with 5.6% hit ratio, i wouldnt be complaining about that it is the system's fault. My hit ratio was around 15% when purely furballing and 18-22% when was trying to intercept some bombers too. K/D was between 1.5-3.3, thats absolutely nothing special.

A K/D like that is way above arena average (top 20%-5%), a hit ratio like that is absolutely stellar (top 0.5%... yes, 1 out of 200).

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 03:48:32 AM »

A K/D like that is way above arena average (top 20%-5%), a hit ratio like that is absolutely stellar (top 0.5%... yes, 1 out of 200).

Pie chart  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »
...a hit ratio like that is absolutely stellar (top 0.5%... yes, 1 out of 200).
the point is, if you earn a kill, you will get a kill, if you dont, then you wont get one. This simple.
If a (then) two years noob could do this in an eny30 ride, cant see why anyone else couldnt get kills unless they are flying in packs and acting "timid". Or what ever is the correct word for only attacking wounded opponents.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
The "I'm just a n00b" routine is getting old.

"False modesty is just another way to lie."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
The "I'm just a n00b" routine is getting old.

"False modesty is just another way to lie."
Okay man, then im Chuck Norris and using my ninja spinning kick to connect the G6's bullets to your head, MFer  lol

better now?
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 09:36:29 AM »
At least it's closer to the truth than the "I'm just a skilles n00b"  :P

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
lol.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »
I say award the perks on the percentage of critical damage u supplied. Such as you did 30 percent of the damage receive 30 percent of a perk bonus. Or just limit assets to a set amount, 10%,20% or What have u.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil