Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »

Yeah like that one time when I was fighting 1v1 and you came in there twice and potentially took that guys kill.  Trust me perks would encourage the gang way more. But I do certainly hate getting assist after putting 2-3 30mm in plane that doesn't even look damaged.

Never happened.   I only help when asked otherwise I stay high cover.  I might dive in to bleed you out but I don't shoot unless the other guy says to.  I am against stealing victories from someone.   I don't do it.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
You may be right, but with that many I am usually dead in short order.   The best I have done is 2:1.  Got them both.  Once.   Otherwise I die and my pride can only take so much.  :(
Wow....   :O  I am glad Thomas Edison didn't give up after thousands of failures when trying to create the light bulb.  He looked at those failures as finding "10,000 ways that didn't work"

I am so tired of the score potato players...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »
Wow....   :O  I am glad Thomas Edison didn't give up after thousands of failures when trying to create the light bulb.  He looked at those failures as finding "10,000 ways that didn't work"

I am so tired of the score potato players...

I approach it like real life.  I try to avoid dying and stay within my limitations.   My boundary limits are expanding slowly and I still die a lot because I make mistakes.  But I frankly think players who treat it like a game and dive in expecting to die are far more worthy of derision than people like me.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
You may be right, but with that many I am usually dead in short order.   The best I have done is 2:1.  Got them both.  Once.   Otherwise I die and my pride can only take so much.  :(

how long have you been playing? Took me 3 years from nothing to get half comfortable in the cockpit

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »
how long have you been playing? Took me 3 years from nothing to get half comfortable in the cockpit

Warbirds three years.  Here about nine months the first go. That was 2008 or so.  Been here the second time around maybe four months now and loving every minute.  Trying to get others I know to play but not having any luck--yet.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2014, 03:17:48 PM »
I approach it like real life.  I try to avoid dying and stay within my limitations.   My boundary limits are expanding slowly and I still die a lot because I make mistakes.  But I frankly think players who treat it like a game and dive in expecting to die are far more worthy of derision than people like me.

well...it isnt real life....thats the whole point....it is a game...it is NOT a sim....except a COMBAT sim...it does not replay WW2.....

as far your "pride" it seems like your "pride" is misplaced..... Pride should NOT let you run in a COMBAT game....

there are those that play who think because they didn't "die" that means they are "good"

that is the furthest thing from the truth....

get them in a 1vs1 and most often they will die...or just run away....so I guess they are right...they are "good" at "running"

personally I would rather be known as a guy who fights no matter what...... win or lose...then a running nancy pants  :D

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
I never "expect" to die, I expect to learn.  The best way to learn when lives are free, is to fight.  

Oh, and it is a game...   If I wanted to avoid combat, I would play MSFS...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:21:38 PM by Scca »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
well...it isnt real life....thats the whole point....it is a game...it is NOT a sim....except a COMBAT sim...it does not replay WW2.....

as far your "pride" it seems like your "pride" is misplaced..... Pride should NOT let you run in a COMBAT game....

there are those that play who think because they didn't "die" that means they are "good"

that is the furthest thing from the truth....

get them in a 1vs1 and most often they will die...or just run away....so I guess they are right...they are "good" at "running"

personally I would rather be known as a guy who fights no matter what...... win or lose...then a running nancy pants  :D

I will take on all comers in the DA any time.  I may not win but I won't be easy meat either.

Anyone can dive into a mosh pit and get kills.  Fighting smart is much harder and is what I aim to do.  I have much to learn, still, but  I would rather be known for being a smart fighter than a brash one.

There is a time to fight and a time to extend.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
I never "expect" to die, I expect to learn.  The best way to learn when lives are free, is to fight.  

Oh, and it is a game...   If I wanted to avoid combat, I would play MSFS...

Where did I ever say I avoid combat?

People here have reading comprehension issues maybe?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »

Where did I ever say I avoid combat?

People here have reading comprehension issues maybe?
Do you run from 1v1's?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »
Do you run from 1v1's?

Depends on my energy state.   I will extend and reverse if disadvantaged.  Otherwise I will fight right away. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
Depends on my energy state.   I will extend and reverse if disadvantaged.  Otherwise I will fight right away. 
Yup, figgered..  :bolt:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »
I will take on all comers in the DA any time.  I may not win but I won't be easy meat either.

Anyone can dive into a mosh pit and get kills.  Fighting smart is much harder and is what I aim to do.  I have much to learn, still, but  I would rather be known for being a smart fighter than a brash one.

There is a time to fight and a time to extend.

no not just "anyone" can fly into a red gang and get kills....

the only way to learn to "fight smart"...is to fight....

especially if you are at a disadvantage.......

only fighting when you have the advantage is teaching you absolutely nothing.

if you truly fly the way you describe....then fighting the real fighters in AH in the DA you would be very "easy meat"

the ONLY way to actually fight them guys and stand a chance is to practice practice practice...IE fighting ALL comers all gangs all times....obviously if you are out of ammo....go home...

I am not the best...but I have killed best....I have killed 5 in a 5vs1.....I have killed 4 out of about 14 trying to kill me....3vs1 many times I have won....my aim sux so that makes it more difficult but hell eventually Ill get that down :pray......and the only reason that is possible is because I have fought every fight possible....

but hey whatever it is your 15$ :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »

no not just "anyone" can fly into a red gang and get kills....

the only way to learn to "fight smart"...is to fight....

especially if you are at a disadvantage.......

only fighting when you have the advantage is teaching you absolutely nothing.

if you truly fly the way you describe....then fighting the real fighters in AH in the DA you would be very "easy meat"

the ONLY way to actually fight them guys and stand a chance is to practice practice practice...IE fighting ALL comers all gangs all times....obviously if you are out of ammo....go home...

I am not the best...but I have killed best....I have killed 5 in a 5vs1.....I have killed 4 out of about 14 trying to kill me....3vs1 many times I have won....my aim sux so that makes it more difficult but hell eventually Ill get that down :pray......and the only reason that is possible is because I have fought every fight possible....

but hey whatever it is your 15$ :aok

More reading comprehension issues perhaps?

Where did I say I only fight with the advantage?   Read it again.  Disadvantaged I try to get to a point where I can enter the fight with some hope of success.  Otherwise I fight right away.  That leaves alternatives other than advantaged.  

Also, I wind up disadvantaged plenty through mistakes or bad timing.  I don't have to seek out that kind of fight as I get more than enough opportunities that way through circumstance or being a dumbarse noob.

I don't learn anything dying five seconds into a 6:1.   I am working up to it.  

I have fought several top guns in the DA and have been given very high praise by them.  I fear nobody.   Someday all will fear me.  That's the goal.   One day at a time.   One step at a time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:14:56 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
More reading comprehension issues perhaps?

Where did I say I only fight with the advantage?   Read it again.  Disadvantaged I try to get to a point where I can enter the fight with some hope of success.  Otherwise I fight right away.  That leaves alternatives other than advantaged.  

Also, I wind up disadvantaged plenty through mistakes or bad timing.  I don't have to seek out that kind of fight as I get more than enough opportunities that way through circumstance or being a dumbarse noob.

I don't learn anything dying five seconds into a 6:1.   I am working up to it.  

I have fought several top guns in the DA and have been given very high praise by them.  I fear nobody.   Someday all will fear me.  That's the goal.   One day at a time.   One step at a time.

when you say...

this tells me you wont engage when you are at a disadvantage....

I have not insulted you or talked smack to you at all....my reading comprehension is fine....

I am just trying to show you that the fight is where its at....not winning or losing the fight....

I would love to hear who you think are "top guns"