Author Topic: Give perk points for assists  (Read 5112 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Give perk points for assists
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
More reading comprehension issues perhaps?

Where did I say I only fight with the advantage?   Read it again.  Disadvantaged I try to get to a point where I can enter the fight with some hope of success.  Otherwise I fight right away.  That leaves alternatives other than advantaged.  

Also, I wind up disadvantaged plenty through mistakes or bad timing.  I don't have to seek out that kind of fight as I get more than enough opportunities that way through circumstance or being a dumbarse noob.

I don't learn anything dying five seconds into a 6:1.   I am working up to it.  

I have fought several top guns in the DA and have been given very high praise by them.  I fear nobody.   Someday all will fear me.  That's the goal.   One day at a time.   One step at a time.

I think your the one with the reading issues. You were asked if you run from a 1 vs 1 and you said you will extend and then come back..... run. Same thing in most players book.

INK told you "only fighting when you have the advantage is teaching you absolutely nothing." You say, "Disadvantaged I try to get to a point where I can enter the fight with some hope of success" so this means you don't fight while at a disadvantage so it must mean that you only fight when you HAVE the advantages.

If you want more perks, get out of the pony and fly a higher ENY plane. Fly a P-47-25, fly it like you fly the pony  :confused: and you'll earn perks much faster. Trying to get the game changed to make it easier to get perks isn't the answer.

What most of these guys are trying to tell you is get in and mix it up. You don't really die. If you are smart and film each fight you will learn "why" you died in two turns in stead of "extending" after the first all the time. If you don't push the limits you will never find that edge that the best run on. Throw away the score board for the first 6-8 months. Don't look at, don't think about it, just fly and fight. After you get all that time "training" out of the way then start looking at your score. You will find you have made very good progress and now almost "average"  :D

Trying to be "perfect" or stay out of trouble so you don't get shot down isn't teaching you much. Get in there and mix it up!  

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
when you say...

this tells me you wont engage when you are at a disadvantage....

I have not insulted you or talked smack to you at all....my reading comprehension is fine....

I am just trying to show you that the fight is where its at....not winning or losing the fight....

I would love to hear who you think are "top guns"

I may or may not fight at a disadvantage.  I don't do it like an automaton.  As a rule, with exceptions, I create separation when able and the try to get an angle.  If you must fight at a disadvantage the objective is to level the field.  Those who recklessly attack disadvantaged are either fearless, brainless, overconfident, or extremely skilled.  I am the former but not the latter three.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:02:41 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
I think your the one with the reading issues. You were asked if you run from a 1 vs 1 and you said you will extend and then come back..... run. Same thing in most players book.

INK told you "only fighting when you have the advantage is teaching you absolutely nothing." You say, "Disadvantaged I try to get to a point where I can enter the fight with some hope of success" so this means you don't fight while at a disadvantage so it must mean that you only fight when you HAVE the advantages.

If you want more perks, get out of the pony and fly a higher ENY plane. Fly a P-47-25, fly it like you fly the pony  :confused: and you'll earn perks much faster. Trying to get the game changed to make it easier to get perks isn't the answer.

What most of these guys are trying to tell you is get in and mix it up. You don't really die. If you are smart and film each fight you will learn "why" you died in two turns in stead of "extending" after the first all the time. If you don't push the limits you will never find that edge that the best run on. Throw away the score board for the first 6-8 months. Don't look at, don't think about it, just fly and fight. After you get all that time "training" out of the way then start looking at your score. You will find you have made very good progress and now almost "average"  :D

Trying to be "perfect" or stay out of trouble so you don't get shot down isn't teaching you much. Get in there and mix it up!  

Extend means I do not reverse at 1.5K.    I get to at least 5K then turn into the bad guy.

Running implies I dive away and never come back.  

Also, you make the same mistake as he did.  There are other ways to fight besides advantaged and disadvantaged.  It is not either/or.

Why am I defending myself against you people any way?   Play it the way you want.  When you get flamed be sure to read the buffer: Vraciu shot you down.

The rest of your post is noted, with thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:02:10 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2014, 05:30:34 PM »
You can fly any way you want, were are just trying to help. Look at it this way, lets go bowling. You always roll the ball on the second arrow from the right with just a twist of your wrist so that it curves neatly into the pocket. After all that is how to get a strike. Even if you miss.... too much wrist, dirty ball, fresh oil on the lane, what ever do you throw the next ball the same? Same arrow, same wrist flip? You'll never get the 7-10 split like that!

See what I'm saying? If you always do the same thing.... in this case extend 5K ( :eek: a bit excessive in anybodies book) You'll never learn to chop throttle and rudder hard for a snap shot, or do a tight barrel roll to force an over shoot, and so on and so on.

Were not criticizing your flying so much as trying to help you learn to get better. But hey, it's your $15

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »
You can fly any way you want, were are just trying to help. Look at it this way, lets go bowling. You always roll the ball on the second arrow from the right with just a twist of your wrist so that it curves neatly into the pocket. After all that is how to get a strike. Even if you miss.... too much wrist, dirty ball, fresh oil on the lane, what ever do you throw the next ball the same? Same arrow, same wrist flip? You'll never get the 7-10 split like that!

See what I'm saying? If you always do the same thing.... in this case extend 5K ( :eek: a bit excessive in anybodies book) You'll never learn to chop throttle and rudder hard for a snap shot, or do a tight barrel roll to force an over shoot, and so on and so on.

Were not criticizing your flying so much as trying to help you learn to get better. But hey, it's your $15

Reasonable post, tbqh.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »

I may or may not fight at a disadvantage.  I don't do it like an automaton.   I create separation when able and the try to get an angle.  If you must fight at a disadvantage the objective is to level the field.  Those who recklessly attack disadvantaged are either fearless, brainless, overconfident, or extremely skilled.  I am the former but not the latter three.

if you were "fearless" then you wouldn't care if you die in a "game" that is based on COMBAT....

actually it would be the exact opposite....

a quick scenario......I am flying alone...headed towards the biggest dar on map.....I see 6 cons.....all around my ALT....a couple slightly higher a couple slightly lower.....

I head right to them.....and engage...

I get a PM from one of them he says....."we saw a lone con headed towards us........That's JETSOM..... we knew we were in for a fight"

now let me ask you this...if I would have tried to get better ALT on them...or not engaged at all.....

would that PM ever been sent?

if I flew worried about dieing the last 7 years (I started my flying in 04 never before even owning a computer)
 I would not have been able to take on those 6 cons....and giving them a serious fight....

I know guys who fly like its "real life"...they have been flying for decades....and yet they are very easy to kill.....if trapped I would say in the "DA" but they wont go to the DA and come up with some lame excuse..........something aint right with that....and proof positive that fighting is the only way to learn to fight.....just like anything in life....

you say you go to DA...that is good...but in reality it is only good (unless you fly at the lake all the time) for learning the basics of fighting it doesn't teach you how to take on multi cons...again if you are just 1vs1ing in the DA...

the lake is great for learning to fight the gang....the GANG is a huge thing in the MA....

personally I would rather fight red guys for my kills then green...I know I will have to face multi cons pretty much every sortie....I would think it would be wise to....... practice....practice...practi ce.......

I don't know....you can fly how ever you want that is true......I just think its sill to "worry" about a cartoon life....and the ends some will go to avoid dieing just baffles me...I cant imagine what it would be like to live with that mind frame.

I wont try to explain it anymore then this....peace man and good luck :salute

:aok

Extend means I do not reverse at 1.5K.    I get to at least 5K then turn into the bad guy.

Running implies I dive away and never come back.  

Also, you make the same mistake as he did.  There are other ways to fight besides advantaged and disadvantaged.  It is not either/or.

Why am I defending myself against you people any way?   Play it the way you want.  When you get flamed be sure to read the buffer: Vraciu shot you down.

The rest of your post is noted, with thanks.

:rofl

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »
Fearless doesn't mean stupid.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
Depends on my energy state.   I will extend and reverse if disadvantaged.  Otherwise I will fight right away. 

Yeah run away until I engage another Enemy and turn back around and kill me in that fight. Pepperidge remembers. It's alright you were rather new then but that's why I gave you a hard time.

I've been playing this game for way way longer than you, I know how the majority of people fight in this game, and I know perk points for assist is not a good idea. As I said before, I do freaking hate getting assist.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »

you obviously have a different "notion" of what "fearless" means....then I

if you are "worried" "concerned" "anxious" about your cartoons "life".... you are NOT fearless.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2014, 06:58:51 PM »
you obviously have a different "notion" of what "fearless" means....then I

if you are "worried" "concerned" "anxious" about your cartoons "life".... you are NOT fearless.

Incorrect.  If I am not afraid to fight but choose to fight smart I am fearless without being stupid.  There is a difference.

People who fight stupidly because it is "just a cartoon" are not worthy of respect.  They are not fearless they're foolhardy.  I do not respect them. I think they are gamers.  Anyone can do that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:02:44 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

Yeah run away until I engage another Enemy and turn back around and kill me in that fight. Pepperidge remembers. It's alright you were rather new then but that's why I gave you a hard time.

I've been playing this game for way way longer than you, I know how the majority of people fight in this game, and I know perk points for assist is not a good idea. As I said before, I do freaking hate getting assist.

I was asked to help, best I recall.  At any rate I would have fought you further without "help". As it was/were...  Not sure I even got the kill.  Probably didn't. But we are both way past that any way.  :cheers:

I am certainly more capable and aggressive than then regardless.   I, too, hate getting an assist.   Get fewer victories and a ton more assists in the Pony than I did in the Ta-152. :bhead :bhead
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:34:02 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:04 PM »

personally I would rather be known as a guy who fights no matter what...... win or lose...then a running nancy pants  :D

That's one of the reasons I like Ink so much.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »

No it doesn't mean stupid, it means with out fear.

Take your pony and turn fight with it! Is it stupid??? No! as long as you know how to do it, it can be done.

Here check out this film, http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c72lgl1q7992wh/51lulz.ahf I forget how many he gets, but he is in the fight all the time, even when its 3 vs 1. This is more along the lines of "fearless"

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »
People still going on on this thread?  :rolleyes:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »
Incorrect.  If I am not afraid to fight but choose to fight smart I am fearless without being stupid.  There is a difference.

People who fight stupidly because it is "just a cartoon" are not worthy of respect.  They are not fearless they're foolhardy.  I do not respect them. I think they are gamers.  Anyone can do that.

in your mind maybe  :rolleyes:

I respect people who are men of their words...not "how" they play a game.

you saying you are fearless...and then saying you wont even engage a single con who has ALT on you.....are the exact opposite of the spectrum

I wont explain the conclusion I get from reading what you type....
have fun with that :aok

That's one of the reasons I like Ink so much.

:salute