Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Put Planes back in the GV game
« on: January 18, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
My wish is for the Tank busting planes to be allowed to take off from GV bases. Tank busters are part of the GV's game. I don't think its fair that GV's can run off to the corner of the map, or the center in this case, and get away from the planes and have their own little war. I don't care for the fact that GVer's don't have to join the game or have their own game inside the game where if they like can just go spawn and sit blasting away with no care about the planes. We have GV's on the air base we should have tank related planes at GV bases. There is already a hanger just need the re-arm pad.

Ju87G2
Yak-9T
Hurri IID
Ju87D-3
Il2

I like to shoot tanks I can't do that on allot of the maps or most of the time when I log in.... especially on Greebos Sanctuary map for GV's. Make it so we can shoot tanks anytime we like.

Put the air game back in the ground game,

:cheers:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:44:13 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
Not that I support the idea, but...

Replace the Yak-9T (HE ammo and was considered a fighter not an attack aircraft) with the Hurricane Mk IId which was an anti-armor aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
I've performed damage experiments against the wirbel with the Yak 9T. If you can manage a first pass and kill the turret. Then manage to get up about 2500ft, you can kill the wirbel shooting down at a steep angle into the engine hatch. But, if Hitech allows this wish, moving carpets of wirbel gardens will become the answer by the GVers to the granted wish. The Yak 9T is a great M3 chaser.

NS-37 37mm HE can crack 20mm rolled steal at 200m. The wirbel's  engine hatch doors are 11mm.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
I'd support this idea for AP armed aircraft only (Yak9-T is not one) as long as bombs are not enabled at GV bases, the bases were redesigned to include a runway and there was no rearm pad (you'd have GV's using it constantly).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
Another poorly conceived wish to change the way other people play the game to favor your own methods.

The way the people that play AH for the armor game (only) already have issues with aspects of the game. Now you want to push them even further? Bad idea.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wildcatdad

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »
I've performed damage experiments against the wirbel with the Yak 9T. If you can manage a first pass and kill the turret. Then manage to get up about 2500ft, you can kill the wirbel shooting down at a steep angle into the engine hatch. But, if Hitech allows this wish, moving carpets of wirbel gardens will become the answer by the GVers to the granted wish. The Yak 9T is a great M3 chaser.

NS-37 37mm HE can crack 20mm rolled steal at 200m. The wirbel's  engine hatch doors are 11mm.
So, which planes fire AP?  :salute
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »
So, which planes fire AP?  :salute

Hurricane IID
Il-2 (both 37mm and 23mm guns)
Ju-87G
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
with the amount of whines from GVers about being killed by planes, I would think it would be a non issue.....

I have rolled from fields and been shot down by that unseen GV.....

dont think I ever went and got a bomb for him....

I hate shooting at GVs they are to close to the ground :rofl

but as far as OP wish.....

when I get my 4 20mm KI84 this is the next thing on list :aok

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:18 AM »
Another poorly conceived wish to change the way other people play the game to favor your own methods.

The way the people that play AH for the armor game (only) already have issues with aspects of the game. Now you want to push them even further? Bad idea.

I think we should push them right off a cliff.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 03:47:35 AM »
Instead, give me a Mosquito XVIII with the Mollins 57mm AP cannon. That baby was originally a field anti-tank weapon, so it should be up to the job.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 05:35:13 AM »
I think we should push them right off a cliff.

Fortunately you're not in control of the business model.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:46:30 AM »
Fortunately you're not in control of the business model.

Yeah, because there are so many of us who feel we're getting our fifteen bucks worth out of flying around and staring at empty skies.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

I still haven't got anyone to help me test the wirble with a stuka  :cry, I did have however a sortie were I got 10 flak kills ostie and wirb in a 190 D9 for some reason the stuka's 37mm in open play still seems to be a lot less effective than the Dora's, although there is still the possibility of lag affecting the 2 shots of the stuka, I still had a good 150 cannon rounds left in the Dora at the end of that sortie?

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
I still haven't got anyone to help me test the wirble with a stuka  :cry, I did have however a sortie were I got 10 flak kills ostie and wirb in a 190 D9 for some reason the stuka's 37mm in open play still seems to be a lot less effective than the Dora's, although there is still the possibility of lag affecting the 2 shots of the stuka, I still had a good 150 cannon rounds left in the Dora at the end of that sortie?

In offline mode you can change what the drones are flying.  I've set mine to various buffs for practicing attacking angles, or to all GVs for trying out the 410.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 07:39:12 AM »
In offline mode you can change what the drones are flying.  I've set mine to various buffs for practicing attacking angles, or to all GVs for trying out the 410.

Didn't know that. How does one do this?
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort