Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 05:28:54 PM »
I cannot see any consistent way for planes to be protected from tank main guns.  Once the traverse rate, elevation rate, ballistics and site view angle have been modeled it is up to the players to use and avoid this stuff.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2014, 05:46:56 PM »
it shouldn't be remodeled, I have read it had happened......besides this is a game not WW2 if a 51 can shoot down a 51...as someone already mentioned....

don't fly into his reach he cant get you...seems simple really.

it would be far more gamey to make a plane invulnerable to a tank main gun....

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2014, 07:21:17 PM »
Crap

Why don't you be honest for the reason of your wish?  You want to make it easier for you to kill tanks so you can fly straight at them without having to worry about being shot down.

ack-ack

Cool then you will have no problem with the p-63 it had 2 kills.

I don't worry about being shot I could care less 51's shot planes spitfires shot planes Tanks didn't shoot planes. It just simply didn't happen. Its a Fake part of the game.

My wish has nothing to do with this ...... go read it. This is just something I agree with Buster about.

Why don't you go back to psychology class with Dr. Karnak before you start making up my wishes for me  :aok

My Wish

Make Planes available from GV bases.... more to do in the game  :aok

Because I like To,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
Cool then you will have no problem with the p-63 it had 2 kills.

I have no issues with the P-63 being eventually added to the game.  It did see combat during the war.

I don't worry about being shot I could care less 51's shot planes spitfires shot planes Tanks didn't shoot planes. It just simply didn't happen. Its a Fake part of the game.

Your posts indicate otherwise, or else you wouldn't be so rabid to nerf the ability of tanks firing at planes with their main guns.  As pointed out in other threads on this subject, there were at least two accounts posted from German and Soviet tank crewmen about shooting at planes with their tanks main gun and in one case, scoring a kill.  It did happen and it's not a fake part of the game, while you've failed each and every time to show tanks never used their main guns to fire at attacking airplanes.

You dismiss these accounts because it shows your claims to be groundless and exposes your wish to be nothing more than a whine because you don't want to get shot down.  

Here is a clue to stop tanks from shooting down planes with their main gun.  Don't fly directly at the tank so it's main gun can fire at you.  Issue resolved.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »
Here is a clue to stop tanks from shooting down planes with their main gun.  Don't fly directly at the tank so it's main gun can fire at you.  Issue resolved.

ack-ack

Meanie.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2014, 11:41:15 PM »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »
I have no issues with the P-63 being eventually added to the game.  It did see combat during the war.

Your posts indicate otherwise, or else you wouldn't be so rabid to nerf the ability of tanks firing at planes with their main guns.  As pointed out in other threads on this subject, there were at least two accounts posted from German and Soviet tank crewmen about shooting at planes with their tanks main gun and in one case, scoring a kill.  It did happen and it's not a fake part of the game, while you've failed each and every time to show tanks never used their main guns to fire at attacking airplanes.

You dismiss these accounts because it shows your claims to be groundless and exposes your wish to be nothing more than a whine because you don't want to get shot down.  

ack-ack

Rabid

Your just wrong like normal and you don't worry how I fly Peaches. Eddie <Munster> the main gun don't bother me :) I rarely get shot by tanks it/ maybe 1 in 30 or 40 so.  It is just a Fake part of the game.

It is not part of my wish but you keep bringing it up <shrug>  :lol

If it bugs you so much make a wish, I mean you keep talking about it.

Try to stay on topic AckEddie

Put Planes Back in the GV Game  :aok

Why? Because it's Fun

:cheers:

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »
For example:

This week probable all week long  :rolleyes: The current map  Gv's on an Island. 30-40% of the player base. No incentive to join the Game at all.... in fact quite the opposite ....they strive to keep their little spots. They don't even need FT/TT on this map.  I can't play with them.  :frown:

3 spots I could play right now, instant action just as the GV's receive,  if Panzernackers were enabled at GV bases.

Thank You,

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 11:15:19 AM »
For example:

This week probable all week long  :rolleyes: The current map  Gv's on an Island. 30-40% of the player base. No incentive to join the Game at all.... in fact quite the opposite ....they strive to keep their little spots. They don't even need FT/TT on this map.  I can't play with them.  :frown:

3 spots I could play right now, instant action just as the GV's receive,  if Panzernackers were enabled at GV bases.

Thank You,

Why are you so upset that some people play a different game then you want? Also your wish is granted, you can join there fight with airplanes on this terrain.

HiTech

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
I cannot see any consistent way for planes to be protected from tank main guns.  Once the traverse rate, elevation rate, ballistics and site view angle have been modeled it is up to the players to use and avoid this stuff.
What is the factor in R/L that prevented it from happening a lot, if any?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »
Also your wish is granted, you can join there fight with airplanes on this terrain.

HiTech

Hot damn Really?... your joking right?   :x

Thank You
 :salute

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
Ahhhh Yep you were  :cry ...that wasn't nice HT there were no Tank killing planes available from vehicle bases.

I'm not upset HT ...don't buy in to Ack's dream... I have fun shooting tanks ...that's it. My wish just means more fun and allot of it. :)

I would like for myself and the rest of the community to be able to have more opportunities to play this way, be more representative and add a new facet to the game.... That all! ...I'm only asking for 4 planes that historically shot tanks or ground vehicles.

That's my wish... the main portion of the players in vehicles are to far to fly to in a stuka/Il2 <risk/reward> and that's one of the reasons it dosn't get more use ....GV's get spawn points to make their trip shorter...allot of time there is not much else I want to do.

I guess I should just log?

:salute,
Fin

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
What is the factor in R/L that prevented it from happening a lot, if any?

I'd be guessing, but....

I'd say that ammo was a precious commodity and you didn't want to throw it away on a low probability shot whereas is AH there is always more where that came from coupled with a much greater number of aircraft/tank interactions in AH coupled by much sloppier attack profiles by aircraft in AH coupled with players of a game not being scared by the attacking Il-2/Typhoon/Fw190F-8 whereas in reality the whole thing sucked.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
I'd be guessing, but....

You do that quite a bit ....

I'd say it wasn't possible for the commander to take a shot.....

It wasn't possible for the gunner to track a plane.......

Take your and Ack's wish and make a new thread "Why Tanks should be able MainGun Kill Planes" and support all the factual evidence you have found.

Kindly stay on topic  :)

Okay ... we have 3 different size air base with 4+ FH, with 1 VH....we have the V-base with 4 VH and 1 FH...Yes?

Do we limit the VH on the Airbase to 1 observation vehicle?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »

I'd say it wasn't possible for the commander to take a shot.....Y

Yes it was, he said "Fire".

It wasn't possible for the gunner to track a plane.......

Yes it was, he looked threw the gun sight and moved the  turret.

HiTech