Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7228 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
Gunners could also bore sight by looking down the barrel itself.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, 02:20:01 PM »
If I had any gripe about the ground war it would that Tank Town is designed to be free of aircraft but aircraft don't have a corresponding 'Fighter Town' where GVs are disabled.

Other than that, different strokes for different folks. I've tried camping, err GVing but it is endless waiting for very little action.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »
If I had any gripe about the ground war it would that Tank Town is designed to be free of aircraft

I don't know of any TT in the current rotaion being free of aircraft or even designed for it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
I don't know of any TT in the current rotaion being free of aircraft or even designed for it.

CraterMA.  I believe there is one other but I can't think of it at the moment.

This isn't an attack on map designers, but is based on my desire for the same treatment.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
CraterMA.  I believe there is one other but I can't think of it at the moment.

Bombs are almost constantly falling on tanks in CMA when it's up. The mountains are just high enough to reduce the bombing frequency a bit and increase turnaround times, i.e. you have a few minutes more before the 'bomtard' is back with some new presents.
During prime time, there are usually several Jabos and fighter over TT at any given moment.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
You do have to admit that the mountains are there to discourage bombing. Hence, they are designed to be free of aircraft.

I win this one, Lusche, old friend.  :salute
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »
You do have to admit that the mountains are there to discourage bombing. Hence, they are designed to be free of aircraft.

I win this one, Lusche, old friend.  :salute

No, it's not designed to be free of aircraft, in that case the map designer would have failed miserably by not making the mountains 32k. The mountains are just a hurdle... the best analogy would be an airbase with a GV spawn to it at a greater distance than usual (so tanks have to drive longer), while making the field free of GV would be no GV spawn at all.

EDIT:

Quick test: It took me exactly 10 minutes to get a 2x1k, 100% fuel F6F from runway to tank town center. Could have been faster with less fuel and actually taking one of the passes instead of flying simply over the mountain ridge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:53:06 PM by Lusche »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »

No, it's not designed to be free of aircraft, in that case the map designer would have failed miserably by not making the mountains 32k. The mountains are just a hurdle... the best analogy would be an airbase with a GV spawn to it at a greater distance than usual (so tanks have to drive longer), while making the field free of GV would be no GV spawn at all.

EDIT:

Quick test: It took me exactly 10 minutes to get a 2x1k, 100% fuel F6F from runway to tank town center. Could have been faster with less fuel and actually taking one of the passes instead of flying simply over the mountain ridge.

And why shouldn't they be ...  Flaks are constantly shooting planes lifting from their bases after spawning across the map ....Tanks are constantly shooting the VH after spawning to an airbase   so what?

bomb**** is a name given by GV'ers to others that play the way the GV'ers don't want/like.

Anyway this wish isn't for bombs :)

edit:
 Presuming you fly home that's 20 min of doing nothing? Go try it in a ju87g2 and get back to us

:cheers:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:03:49 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
Not that I wasn't arguing with you, or your wish, nor I was saying "they should not be".

Addendum: Ju 87G, 75% fuel, from runway to tank town center: 13 minutes (using one of the 10k passes).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:16:20 PM by Lusche »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »
Not that I wasn't arguing with you, or your wish, nor I was saying "they should not be".

Addendum: Ju 87G, 75% fuel, from runway to tank town center: 13 minutes (using one of the 10k passes).

so 26 minutes of flght picking my nose.....  what if my 2.5k? base next to the 10k gap is not available and I have to go the 16k route from GL?

now up at tank at one of the vh spawns in crater, how long till your in position or at 1 of the many VH to VH tank battles or some where on the VH spawn trail!

I want to be in the instant action part, seems like a great wish to me. Matching parts in the war mixing it up both "on the ground and in the air"

Additionally: another good reason... It would also promote or increase the number of plane fights as well as you would have the hurri, yak, il2 and ju87 able to fight each other as they they often did fight in close proximity to each other. Little mini furballs ...It would be a gas  :).

Instant Action,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »
so 26 minutes of flght picking my nose..... 

13 minutes, you can land on your vbase.

Instant Action,

I want airspawns over the factories as well, for "instant action" in bombers. Oh, and airspawns 10k over enemy runways for "instant action" in fighters as well. And why can't I land there, have to fly all that boring way back...

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »
13 minutes, you can land on your vbase.

I want airspawns over the factories as well, for "instant action" in bombers. Oh, and airspawns 10k over enemy runways for "instant action" in fighters as well. And why can't I land there, have to fly all that boring way back...

Well ... really... if you land at at a v=base you should have to drive a vehicle back  but of course not you are INSTANTLY transferred back to your air base  unless you want to GV of course...

I would like air plane factories to bomb, I would up my B-29's and go mow the yard, take out the trash, go to the store, have a bike ride, eat something, drink a couple beers, take a leak, sit down AHHH..... just in time to get in position for my run at the spit factory, Just like you you on the straits  :aok... God knows what I would get done on the way back :eek:... I would prolly need a short nap tho... and take the dog out to play then start preparing my supper, Land... sit down and eat. Perfect day!

But alas none of this is part of my wish...  My wish....Being able to up a few planes at a gv base would alot of fun.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:41:55 PM by Megalodon »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »

But alas none of this is part of my wish...  My wish....Being able to up a few planes at a gv base would alot of fun.

Ahh so you want more 2 more planes like the Storch?

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
Ahh so you want more 2 more planes like the Storch?

HiTech

(snicker)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
Well ... really... if you land at at a v=base you should have to drive a vehicle back  but of course not you are INSTANTLY transferred back to your air base  unless you want to GV of course...
Should we implement the same logic for every other case in AH? You have to ferry your aircraft from the base you land at to wherever you want to go? What if you want to go to a different front? Should you be required to fly 500 miles just to change who you're fighting?

Quit being such a little b**ch about it and just accept that your argument holds no water.

I would like air plane factories to bomb, I would up my B-29's and go mow the yard, take out the trash, go to the store, have a bike ride, eat something, drink a couple beers, take a leak, sit down AHHH..... just in time to get in position for my run at the spit factory, Just like you you on the straits  :aok... God knows what I would get done on the way back :eek:... I would prolly need a short nap tho... and take the dog out to play then start preparing my supper, Land... sit down and eat. Perfect day!
The hell are you rambling on about?

For the aircraft. You also fail to realize that it would pretty much invalidate the concept of a "GV" base, or a port. In effect, you've created field airstrips, and we might as well redesign the whole base concept.

Now I don't think reworking all the bases would necessarily be a bad thing. About 3 times as many GV bases (call them fire bases?) just Storch's and other recce planes enabled. Small strips, where the more rugged aircraft can be lifted from with no ordnance. Small airfields (as present).

However simply enabling GV buster aircraft will completely kill the GV game, since nobody will up GV's to defend a GV base. You'll just see a butt load of Il-2's.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"