Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
Let me know if you come up with one.

HiTech
Oh oh oh!!! *sticks hand in air*
3k  is plenty enough separation from aircraft for a landing.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
Roads.....

Armour moved by road and  rail and was deployed from road and rail into theatre..... Indeed it's still much the same now.

Gv's should be able to deploy from roads and return to roads. Maybe there should be a time delay during de spawning ( for everything) equally there should be a choice as to where on the road a gv can spawn.

This is a major change to the spawning system but would IMO also bring substantial benefits. It basically replaces the lower left keypad with a road map on the main clipboard page depicting the local road network where by players can spawn by clicking on the pertinent bit of road. ( equally runways could be also depicted graphically)

When armour moved away from roads it also moved away from its best logistic supply and indeed it's best method of egress from theatre. With more active roads in AH armour can return to roads to des pawn.

We may still see TigerII's still hugging roads but at least they might be deployed.

Roads could also be used to reduce the effectiveness of spawn camping. The road becomes a 5-10 mile line of spawn where a player may choose where on that road to spawn..... Not so easy to camp as an area little bigger than a few fields.
Ludere Vincere

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
Roads.....

Armour moved by road and  rail and was deployed from road and rail into theatre..... Indeed it's still much the same now.

Gv's should be able to deploy from roads and return to roads. Maybe there should be a time delay during de spawning ( for everything) equally there should be a choice as to where on the road a gv can spawn.

This is a major change to the spawning system but would IMO also bring substantial benefits. It basically replaces the lower left keypad with a road map on the main clipboard page depicting the local road network where by players can spawn by clicking on the pertinent bit of road. ( equally runways could be also depicted graphically)

When armour moved away from roads it also moved away from its best logistic supply and indeed it's best method of egress from theatre. With more active roads in AH armour can return to roads to des pawn.

We may still see TigerII's still hugging roads but at least they might be deployed.

Roads could also be used to reduce the effectiveness of spawn camping. The road becomes a 5-10 mile line of spawn where a player may choose where on that road to spawn..... Not so easy to camp as an area little bigger than a few fields.

You could have said this years ago. Excellent idea Tilt.   :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
Roads.....

I agree with bustr, that is a great idea.  Deserves it's own thread :)
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
spawn road instead of spawn point  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:44 PM »
spawn road instead of spawn point  :aok

I think it would be cool (going along with Tilt's idea) that you would be able to 'see' a picture of the spawn point (like right now you can call up a map of a small medium or large airfield), and determine where on that road you want to spawn.  Hopefully the spawn isn't predictable, but not vastly different.  Vastly different being spawning 8k from the enemy field while your friend spawns 5k from the enemy field and I spawn 12k from the enemy field.  *shrug*

But I do like the idea, and I Hope HTC considers it. At least roads will be used more :)
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ddotS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »
Sounds like the majority of people are overwhelmingly against this :rock :rock :rock -111111. -Stodd
Stodd. ~~No Evil~~
POTW
Not back

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:38 AM »
Sounds like the majority of people are overwhelmingly against this :rock :rock :rock -111111. -Stodd

I don't think so... when I talk about it in the game most of the pilot types in Aces High seam to like the idea ...of course the GV'ers start squealing  :aok 

I don't care who squeals and who don't, but having part of the player base able to get away from another is BS when it is not a reciprocal.....

My favorite thing to do of late is shoot GV's with a Ju87G2..... I find my self spending more time in the tower just looking for an opportunity, but the way most maps are... it just dosn't happen. But I could just up at a GV base...die, rinse, repeat just like you gv guys :aok

It would be nice to up a plane that was designed for shooting vehicles  some where near the vehicles.... instead of the long flights which usually result in a quick death...by some Johnson using the neat dot system back channel crap or the I cant fight the planes let me dive through 10 and get the JU87 :rolleyes:....Can you imagine how you GV guys would squeal without your spawns? Have to drive 15 mins each time you got shot....

Allow GV killer's to up at GV bases,

:cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
Going back to the OP.

I would not encourage the use of aircraft from gv fields other than such aircraft that were not limited to deployment from airfields. To my mind this is the Storch or a bird such as the Po.

I do have sympathy with the limited access gv attack aircraft have to interdict with gv battles. It seems that game play causes the Stuka/Stormavic/Hurri2d to only be used defensively where as they should be able to be used in support of gv attacks.

From this perspective I look at many maps and see that air fields are placed remote from gv fields such that it is simply too much trouble to fly such aircraft so far for so short a period of gv attack play that it is not enough fun.

Of course re making the maps would help in this respect, but would also encourage the miss use of heavy bombers in this respect.

Whilst other solutions to such miss use of heavy bombers could be curbed in other ways I guess I would support the use of limited ac supplies in theatre. When I say limited I guess I would limit it to fuel and cannon shells possibly rockets but not bombs and certainly no repair function.  In this way even with our present maps the aircraft under consideration could be re armed ( but not re bombed) in theatre increasing endurance possibilities and making the journey more worth while.

While close to the subject....... Give the IL2 the PTAB!
Ludere Vincere

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2014, 12:52:30 PM »
Roads.....

great idea

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Let me know if you come up with one.

HiTech

How about having a small small concrete patch (like 25'x25') at each spawn point specifically for de-spawning?

Vehicles would never spawn ONTO it (still randomly around the spawn point).  But if you can make it safely back to the concrete patch, you can despawn there safely regardless of who is in range.

It would also give you some hope of successfully spawning out of a spawn camp (though clearly the despawn pad would be a primary target).

This is sort of like the "roads" idea, but possibly with less design and coding required.  It too would work nicely in conjunction with a 10-second despawn timer, to deter concrete-sitters.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:48:17 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
Going back to the OP.

I do have sympathy with the limited access gv attack aircraft have to interdict with gv battles. It seems that game play causes the Stuka/Stormavic/Hurri2d to only be used defensively where as they should be able to be used in support of gv attacks.

From this perspective I look at many maps and see that air fields are placed remote from gv fields such that it is simply too much trouble to fly such aircraft so far for so short a period of gv attack play that it is not enough fun.

Exactly!

Of course re making the maps would help in this respect, but would also encourage the miss use of heavy bombers in this respect.

Whilst other solutions to such miss use of heavy bombers could be curbed in other ways I guess I would support the use of limited ac supplies in theatre. When I say limited I guess I would limit it to fuel and cannon shells possibly rockets but not bombs and certainly no repair function.  In this way even with our present maps the aircraft under consideration could be re armed ( but not re bombed) in theatre increasing endurance possibilities and making the journey more worth while.

We dont have to remake anything just add  3-4 planes to the GV bases and a hot pad.

1. Only allow the aircraft that spawn at the GV base to use the rearm pad... nothing else. No sitting on the rearm pad for the GV that can get supply's.
2. Only allow the Stuka D-3 to up with/carry bombs from a V-Base and only say up to 500kg?
3. No repairs at the rearm pad just like an air base.

While close to the subject....... Give the IL2 the PTAB!
Yes!
 :salute
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
So last night I'm playing at FT in my P40N. I drop a bomb on this guy and he immediately says U POS bomb****.  I laughed and said "If I could up a G2 at 2 I wouldn't have to bomb ya I could just shoot ya instead"!

What difference does it make how the gv'er goes down.

Bombing Tards,

:cheers:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »
You GVers are the biggest group of risk adverse players in the game, and you get more special treatment then any other group in the game too.

You get a commander who can survive being strafed while sticking halfway out the turret. You get reduced icon range, magical boxes of insta-repairing supplies, Star Trek transporters to take you directly into the fight, and the ability to sit on concrete, score kills, and instantly tower out when you see a bomb/tank shell coming towards you.

That was pretty funny!  :lol
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
+1 on Il2 and Hurry 2D and Ju 87g2 to be enabled at hangars.  When i am in a wirlble at a tank battle I miss all those low flying aircraft.. Also I think it will limit the amount of bomb****s.  They will up these attack planes which are easier to kill. Also these attack planes have a harder time killing you with there guns. I think it would be fair. :banana:
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills