Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7104 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:11 PM »
It seems that the OP would like to change the game in order to give his preferred choice of activity in AH serious advantages over his opponents. Instant access to his choice of targets which cannot outrun him nor defend against a well executed attack run, and can scan for targets on the battlefield which are beyond reach of any aa units and can be attacked with impunity for a measurable amount of time before an aa vehicle would be able to drive to the area and pose a threat to him, as well as a measurable amount of time before fighter cover could be called in due to the flight from the airbase he feels is too long and removes the risk of fighter interception on the way to and from his vulnerable targets of choice in his own aircraft. He will have the ability to take off when no fighter threat is present and likely wont be, within a couple minutes scan the battlefield and identify targets outside the possibility of aa support, with the added benefit of some of those targets are perked at a cost ranging from 1 to well over 100 at most gv fights and have no chance of getting to pavement where they can tower, kill as many as he is able to and land his kills well before a fighter can be scrambled in or a wirb can cover the distance of the 6k icon range.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone but him?

I find his proposal laughable at best, but I am not opposed to kicking around ideas so....

Grant his requests for ap anti tank aircraft at vbases, just perk them at a cost somethere between the jagpanther and tiger2 in cost to up one from said base and just like spawning vehicles, to safely land he will have to be outside a set range from any enemy gv within a bit longer range, say 10k. That would move the balance of power and risk some small amount from completely one sided towards the one we have now. Im fairly certain this would lead to a steady presence of fighter cover in the area at high alt and speed, little risk, and waiting for word there is a very vulnerable high perk cost target upping who wants to kill very vulnerable high perk cost targets and not have to spend 15-20 minutes to get to them......If the OP is as he claims not concerned about spending perks, and is given the opportunity to play in his ideal niche of AH, and have his instant on scene action he yearns for............

He will be making the long trip in an a20 to the battle from the nearest airbase....

1. Is shooting a perked tank in a ju87G2 any worse than you doing it a T-34? I will submit it is much harder.

2. Lets remove spawn points for GV's then you drive from one base to another.  ;)

3. In your tank you can see/scan much father than it can fire. You have near invisibility on the map.

4. You have the ability to take/spawn off with no fighter threat in a Tank in v-base to vbase action.

5. We should perk it because I fly it.....  :lol

6. What does it matter how you get shot?

7. Tank killers fought with tank and infantry squads on there respective side against the opposition. We have these planes in the game for the purpose of shooting tanks not bombing them with  lancs or 24's.

8. You just want to spawn ..drive to town/field  ...blow it up in your tank... then run a m3 all by your self.  :aok

9. Want to advance your tank bring your 1 of 100 built superlazerwhirlbelwagons that has a perk cost so that bringing a whirlblel has some consequence with you.

10. You could just up an Il2, hurri or yak your self and come shoot my ju87.

11. You have to have a really sharp eye in some cases to find a tank.

12. Your whole post is ludicrous, ripe with GV whine  :rofl

Your arguments fall a we bit short laddy,

:cheers:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:39:44 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2014, 08:01:58 AM »
Which is why bombers have F3, F4 and F5 modes to simulate having a crew looking outside the bomber.

Overkill. Jump to those positions instead.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
It seems that the OP would like to change the game in order to give his preferred choice of activity in AH serious advantages over his opponents. Instant access to his choice of targets which cannot outrun him nor defend against a well executed attack run, and can scan for targets on the battlefield which are beyond reach of any aa units and can be attacked with impunity for a measurable amount of time before an aa vehicle would be able to drive to the area and pose a threat to him, as well as a measurable amount of time before fighter cover could be called in due to the flight from the airbase he feels is too long and removes the risk of fighter interception on the way to and from his vulnerable targets of choice in his own aircraft. He will have the ability to take off when no fighter threat is present and likely wont be, within a couple minutes scan the battlefield and identify targets outside the possibility of aa support, with the added benefit of some of those targets are perked at a cost ranging from 1 to well over 100 at most gv fights and have no chance of getting to pavement where they can tower, kill as many as he is able to and land his kills well before a fighter can be scrambled in or a wirb can cover the distance of the 6k icon range.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone but him?

I find his proposal laughable at best, but I am not opposed to kicking around ideas so....

Grant his requests for ap anti tank aircraft at vbases, just perk them at a cost somethere between the jagpanther and tiger2 in cost to up one from said base and just like spawning vehicles, to safely land he will have to be outside a set range from any enemy gv within a bit longer range, say 10k. That would move the balance of power and risk some small amount from completely one sided towards the one we have now. Im fairly certain this would lead to a steady presence of fighter cover in the area at high alt and speed, little risk, and waiting for word there is a very vulnerable high perk cost target upping who wants to kill very vulnerable high perk cost targets and not have to spend 15-20 minutes to get to them......If the OP is as he claims not concerned about spending perks, and is given the opportunity to play in his ideal niche of AH, and have his instant on scene action he yearns for............

He will be making the long trip in an a20 to the battle from the nearest airbase....

:rolleyes:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2014, 02:27:19 AM »
You may wish to reconsider this thought process, when it comes to ballistics, sights, turret traverse rates, method of track control, armor penetration, armor thickness,angle of impact calculations, you will find lots of very detail simulation, on par and in some respects more detailed the planes.

But just like bombers, tanks have a crew. And some method must be made to allow a single user , some of the same SA that a crew has.

HiTech

Since Im an old tanker :

True, but they did not share the same brain system so they have to shout out what they see, tell the gunner to aim at a target the commander has seen, its a process that takes time, and a plane is moving during that time.

In effect it made it impossible for a tank gunner to hit a plane not flying into his barrel.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2014, 07:04:01 AM »
You may wish to reconsider this thought process, when it comes to ballistics, sights, turret traverse rates, method of track control, armor penetration, armor thickness,angle of impact calculations, you will find lots of very detail simulation, on par and in some respects more detailed the planes.

But just like bombers, tanks have a crew. And some method must be made to allow a single user , some of the same SA that a crew has.

HiTech

Does the wirble have an accurate crew modelled?

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2014, 07:06:13 AM »
Does the wirble have an accurate crew modelled?

Only if the gunner is a T-800 from Terminator.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »

It's been quite some time since they implemented it, but what was the exact reason for reducing the distance before fliers could see the GV icons?  And what was the reason for not affecting the GV players the same amount, or at least some?  I was away from the game for a while, so my memory fails me here.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
It's been quite some time since they implemented it, but what was the exact reason for reducing the distance before fliers could see the GV icons? 

gv'ers complained about getting killed by planes.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2014, 01:47:42 AM »
I could be helping my country if i could up at V65 on the Baltic map right now but no I logged  :mad:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
My wish is for the Tank busting planes to be allowed to take off from GV bases. Tank busters are part of the GV's game. I don't think its fair that GV's can run off to the corner of the map, or the center in this case, and get away from the planes and have their own little war. I don't care for the fact that GVer's don't have to join the game or have their own game inside the game where if they like can just go spawn and sit blasting away with no care about the planes. We have GV's on the air base we should have tank related planes at GV bases. There is already a hanger just need the re-arm pad.

Ju87G2
Yak-9T
Hurri IID
Ju87D-3
Il2

I like to shoot tanks I can't do that on allot of the maps or most of the time when I log in.... especially on Greebos Sanctuary map for GV's. Make it so we can shoot tanks anytime we like.

Put the air game back in the ground game,

i'm a bomb tard  and a gv'er so i say NO!!!!!!!
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
+1 to mega's wish.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2014, 04:12:50 PM »
lets just make every field a large airfield with 163s enabled problem solved.... everyone gets what they want... ak to run to....ords porking....dar killing..vulching is harder....everyone gets what they want lets make em all 10k alt to

hate to break it to you but there is different fields for a reason with limitations for a reason

i would think this is partially  do to the fact... well a V-base and an AF is different for many reasons as you would not have a FOB for ground assault and an airstrip in the same one? as your not going bring aircraft within threat range of a known armored divisions front line to re-arm/refuel/store? there for what v-bases help simulate is just that airstrips are airstrips for a reason...if you want said plane fly it there v-bases simulate more the "Advancing front line of an armored group" they are not air bases...for a reason

also most of the planes listed are rather decent ATA and would be used to defend...rather then kill gv's

-1(Storch giving people stupid ideas)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »
last night was great .. I hung out at 157 most of the evening killing gv's and dodging puppets :)  sure is nice to be able to up my 87 and not have to fly for 15 minutes and get shot.

Dodging planes and still getting kills on GV's rocks :)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
Your arguments fall a we bit short laddy,
What are you a diddlying  leprechaun?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:55:40 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
last night was great .. I hung out at 157 most of the evening killing gv's and dodging puppets :)  sure is nice to be able to up my 87 and not have to fly for 15 minutes and get shot.

Dodging planes and still getting kills on GV's rocks :)

you have memory issues :headscratch:....you were talking smack, as usual and unwilling to back it up.......... as usual. :rolleyes:

I dub thee "cell warrior"  :aok