Author Topic: An Intruder last night….  (Read 3738 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: An Intruder last night….
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2014, 01:41:04 AM »
nicely said :aok

I would beat you in a good looks competition :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2014, 02:27:04 AM »
I would beat you in a good looks competition :old:

I don't know...been told by many a woman...im a looker :D

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
Outstanding! :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »
I don't know...been told by many a woman...im a looker :D

I think you misunderstood.. I think they said Hooker
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
In many countries and possibly in some US states your options to legally try to stop it are extremely slim. It has often happened that the person attempting to prevent a crime or stop the perp has got much worse punishment than the criminal. So now people pretty much just look the other way and possibly call the cops.

In my f***ed up country if a gun owner for example uses his weapon to threat a criminal and the criminal does not wield a similar weapon himself, it's considered as excessive force and may lead to loss of the carrying permit.
new jersey is one such state. if you read some of the laws here, you'd think you left America.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2014, 07:43:52 AM »
If there is something happening that is illegal or just morally wrong.... and you have the power to either prevent it or stop it... and don't.  I would feel ashamed.

Simply an opinion.

Boy some of the little anecdotes and chivalrous statements in this thread want to make me leave my cornflakes on my keyboard. I can tell most of you have never been involved in anything or had your fingers burned even once.

Do you guys think the system will really treat you fairly, or hang a medal on your chest, if you cap someone in a shooting you could have easily avoided?

Look at the legal Hell ole Billy Bob went thru in TX. when he got pissed off and back shot the two illegals who trashed his neighbors unoccupied house? Or ole Georgie who whacked the black kid in FL. ? Is that really something you want to go thru?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »
:rofl

dogs are for keeping "guard"

Man are for action..... ;)

I've known a few dogs that might take exception to this comment Ink!!! :rofl

Or did you forget that dogs were often buried with full honours alongside thier handlers?

My neighbours Mastif while a good guard dog is not to be messed with because if he takes action there would be little a human could do to stop him,short of a 44 to the head!

:salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
Boy some of the little anecdotes and chivalrous statements in this thread want to make me leave my cornflakes on my keyboard. I can tell most of you have never been involved in anything or had your fingers burned even once.

Do you guys think the system will really treat you fairly, or hang a medal on your chest, if you cap someone in a shooting you could have easily avoided?

Look at the legal Hell ole Billy Bob went thru in TX. when he got pissed off and back shot the two illegals who trashed his neighbors unoccupied house? Or ole Georgie who whacked the black kid in FL. ? Is that really something you want to go thru?

right now, i live alone. mom's moving back up here permanent as of march. our laws here in pfrnj are VERY restrictive. i know full well that i will be arrested, and go through the court system for discharging my firearm at another human being. if someone came through my front door, and it was shoot em, or mom gets hurt......they'll be getting a few ballistic tipped .45acp rounds. i'll take my chances. she is the only family member that's still alive that has always stood by me, whether i was right or wrong, even when she probably shouldn't have. i will defend her with whatever means necessary, and take my chances in the court system.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »
right now, i live alone. mom's moving back up here permanent as of march. our laws here in pfrnj are VERY restrictive. i know full well that i will be arrested, and go through the court system for discharging my firearm at another human being. if someone came through my front door, and it was shoot em, or mom gets hurt......they'll be getting a few ballistic tipped .45acp rounds. i'll take my chances. she is the only family member that's still alive that has always stood by me, whether i was right or wrong, even when she probably shouldn't have. i will defend her with whatever means necessary, and take my chances in the court system.

Relax Cap. I never said you couldnt blow away anyone threatening Mommie.

I would however avoid taking the head off the 14yo kid stealing the neighbors bike with your Deer rifle.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

I've known a few dogs that might take exception to this comment Ink!!! :rofl

Or did you forget that dogs were often buried with full honours alongside thier handlers?

My neighbours Mastif while a good guard dog is not to be messed with because if he takes action there would be little a human could do to stop him,short of a 44 to the head!

:salute

:rofl

that is true Stubby was a Dog of action for sure :salute  (my point was you cant rely on a dog for action and we as men need to take action)

on another note....I recently got a AmStaff puppy, my daughter gave her to us...what a smart little girl she is....

I was reading some more and found a real good site with a good history....hell I have read so much already...but I was under the impression that the "Bull Terrier" hasn't been used for fighting in a long time....well that is not true at all :O

another name for the Bull terrier(for those of you who don't know which one that is, its the short egg shaped head terrier) is the "Badger terrier"....and back in the 20's this was the premiere dog to use against Badgers which as we all know lb for lb is the most viscous animal there is....

the Badger Terrier was used in Lots of early breeding in creating the APBT....didn't know that ether...

the site wasn't just talking smack it had lots of pics of the "Badger Terriers" showed the pedigree of early APBT and AMStaff..and the breeding of the Badger Terriers into the APBT lines..which all early American Staffordshire Terriers were actually APBTs.....and were full fledged fighting dogs.....

now a days the AmStaffs are no longer those same dogs due to the breeding for the show ring for the last 70 plus years...and these are what are called "Pitbulls" in reality are so far removed from the pitbull line to be completely different digs.

another cool bit...

the name "Pittbull" actually comes from when they first started coming to this country they were called "Pit Bulldog" eventually they became Pitdog...or "PitBull" and finally "American Pit bull Terrier"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »
Relax Cap. I never said you couldnt blow away anyone threatening Mommie.

I would however avoid taking the head off the 14yo kid stealing the neighbors bike with your Deer rifle.

you misunderstand. all i ever wanna shoot is paper n steel. nothing else. i have no desire to ever point my firearms at another human, much less fire it. but i will shoot to stop the threat. as far as neighbors? if i leave my property with my firearms not packed as per federal transport laws, i become an instant felon, thus i would never consider what you posted above.

and it's not mommie....it's mom. the only family member that i could count on that's still alive. she has no one else to depend on. my brother's turned into pretty much a dirtbag, with his attitudes. she needs someone to count on, and apparently that is me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:42:45 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
I think you misunderstood.. I think they said Hooker

:rofl :rofl :neener:

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »
It is said Rich, that men and women don't try to be heroes, sometimes it just turns out that way.

If someone needs help or an injustice is happening, you help. Its not a question of should or could or would.

And no, its not some overzealous chivalry that I am touting. It is what I was brought up with. You help those who can't help themselves, you listen to those who need to talk, and you take action when words aren't enough.

And for your information I used to work the night shift at a "pro"M"inent" fast food chain" in a dodgy part of town. I've had to deal with a lot more than burnt fingers. Even saved a life one night. As well as had to wade into a fist fight between my manager and a drunk violent customer. Anyone who has worked an overnight at a service job knows what I mean.

I just think if everyone showed a little bit more understanding, and showed the same kind of spirit, America, Australia, and many other countries are built on. Then maybe it would be better.

Then again I am a naive "liberal" idealist. So I shall brace myself for the onslaught.   
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:48 PM »
It is said Rich, that men and women don't try to be heroes, sometimes it just turns out that way.

If someone needs help or an injustice is happening, you help. Its not a question of should or could or would.

And no, its not some overzealous chivalry that I am touting. It is what I was brought up with. You help those who can't help themselves, you listen to those who need to talk, and you take action when words aren't enough.

And for your information I used to work the night shift at a "pro"M"inent" fast food chain" in a dodgy part of town. I've had to deal with a lot more than burnt fingers. Even saved a life one night. As well as had to wade into a fist fight between my manager and a drunk violent customer. Anyone who has worked an overnight at a service job knows what I mean.

I just think if everyone showed a little bit more understanding, and showed the same kind of spirit, America, Australia, and many other countries are built on. Then maybe it would be better.

Then again I am a naive "liberal" idealist. So I shall brace myself for the onslaught.   

Lol, I have been in four separate shooting incidents. And God knows how many fights, and car chases, and all kindacrap. There is a reason I dont tell stories, or make silly idealistic proclamations, or proclaim to the world what I'd do if my Mum was threatened. Such things are nothing but hot air, not worth the bytes on the screen.

You do what you have to do. And you either do it or you dont, and you might not even have a chance should you have to. One thing you shouldnt do is blabber about it in nonsensical internet stories. Cause you just plain dont control everything.

See this guy http://www.odmp.org/officer/19442-police-officer-richard-m-francis He was my partner. He mowed down all kinda commies on a 'nam river boat and he ended up dieing when a woman got his gun and blew his face off.

You think your in total control but your not. And you sure as hell dont impress anyone with any sense or experience. You'd be much more cynical if you did and you sure as hell wouldnt talk about it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
Lol, I have been in four separate shooting incidents. And God knows how many fights, and car chases, and all kindacrap. There is a reason I dont tell stories, or make silly idealistic proclamations, or proclaim to the world what I'd do if my Mum was threatened. Such things are nothing but hot air, not worth the bytes on the screen.

You do what you have to do. And you either do it or you dont, and you might not even have a chance should you have to. One thing you shouldnt do is blabber about it in nonsensical internet stories. Cause you just plain dont control everything.

See this guy http://www.odmp.org/officer/19442-police-officer-richard-m-francis He was my partner. He mowed down all kinda commies on a 'nam river boat and he ended up dieing when a woman got his gun and blew his face off.

You think your in total control but your not. And you sure as hell dont impress anyone with any sense or experience. You'd be much more cynical if you did and you sure as hell wouldnt talk about it.

where did you spend your time as a LEO?

Aces High is great...... brings people together from all walks of life....

I have gathered from what you say on the boards(and for the most part I take people at there words) that you would have been a decent cop,and did it for the right reasons.....

if I thought different I would definitely tell ya so :salute