Author Topic: Player Progress  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Player Progress
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »
 This being my one year anniversary of subscribing to AH, I was curious as to whether other players have progressed in a similar fashion.
1. 1st three months, clueless, every time you up, your just giving a red guy free perks.
2. 2nd 2 months, pretty much gave up on fighters, started upping gv's and buffs.
3. 3rd 2 months I've finally adhered to the advice of more experienced players, found a fighter I liked and stuck with it. By this time I am starting to be able to hold my own a little, attempting to not HO, I still will vulch when applicable.
4. 4th 3 months, I'm starting to build confidence although I am still dead 1v1 against a good player. Durring this same time period I am learning complete and utter contemp towards pony drivers who do nothing but HO and pick.
5. Last two months, although I will admit that I still participate in horde base taking, I find my self more and more seeking 1v1 against good players, and upping against the horde.
6. This is a great game with a great player base minus a few exceptions, and if your are a rook or knit flying a pony, jug, or 38 and you come across a bish yak, my advice, run and hide.

I don't always up fighters, but when I do, its a Yak3

Chuikov

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Player Progress
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
Whats your in game name? Maybe I've run across your Yak.

As for how you moved through the game I think to most players that stick around this is the path they take. Everyone gets there butt handed to them in the first few months. Flying in buffs and GVs are a great way to stay IN the game and not feel so over whelmed. Learning a plane and sticking with it is a good way to go, but don't avoid the other planes. Learning them will give you a better understanding of how to fight them.

Glad your still having a good time even after a year or getting smashed around. <S>

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
Chuikov

Chuikov

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
6. This is a great game with a great player base minus a few exceptions, and if your are a rook or knit flying a pony, jug, or 38 and you come across a bish yak, my advice, run and hide.
What about the 190Ds?  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »
From my experience the planes that give me the most trouble are the ki-84 and 109k4. I find most U.S planes to be inferior in rate of turn and climb, and spits and La's to be for the most part flown by inexperienced players. I do up jugs and ponies for jabo's, and Dora's for de-ack. I will on occasion go in to different arenas to experiment with different aircraft

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »
I find the dora in the hands of a good stick a formidable foe, however, they do tend to run away

Chuikov

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
You're looking for 1v1 ad fighters... You are wasted on the bishops.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
my 38 eats yaks for a mid summers snack
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
With that logic, seing that being a bish that it is difficult albeit not impossible to find a good fight, that if I were to switch sides and fight against the bish it would be easier to find a good 1v1?

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
Last  time I lost a 1v1 co e co alt against a U.S Plane while in a YAk was against HellAugr in the DA

Chuikov

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Last  time I lost a 1v1 co e co alt against a U.S Plane while in a YAk was against HellAugr in the DA

HellAugr is a bnz fighter
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »
Maybe, but I've seen him stall fight a pony expectionaly

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Also, of you are from Apollo beach fl, we are pretty much neighbors.

Chuikov

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
Dude, just buy and read "Fighter Combat" by Robert Shaw. The you'll have an idea of what you're trying to do in ACM. These pilots and websites that try to teach you, God bless 'em, but most of them aren't conveying a holistic picture of the whole affair clearly.

This being my one year anniversary of subscribing to AH, I was curious as to whether other players have progressed in a similar fashion.
1. 1st three months, clueless, every time you up, your just giving a red guy free perks.
2. 2nd 2 months, pretty much gave up on fighters, started upping gv's and buffs.
3. 3rd 2 months I've finally adhered to the advice of more experienced players, found a fighter I liked and stuck with it. By this time I am starting to be able to hold my own a little, attempting to not HO, I still will vulch when applicable.
4. 4th 3 months, I'm starting to build confidence although I am still dead 1v1 against a good player. Durring this same time period I am learning complete and utter contemp towards pony drivers who do nothing but HO and pick.
5. Last two months, although I will admit that I still participate in horde base taking, I find my self more and more seeking 1v1 against good players, and upping against the horde.

I don't always up fighters, but when I do, its a Yak3

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »

HellAugr is a bnz fighter

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about...if you're flying a Pony against an F4F, you're a bnz/energy fighter. Against a 190-D9 at low alt, you're an angles fighter. Speaking relatively in general terms.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."