Author Topic: TU-2S gunsights  (Read 639 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
TU-2S gunsights
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
I have a little problem. When I first logged on with the TU2S I changed the gunsight to another one, not knowing there was no options for the defensive guns, and so now I cant select a gunsight that will work for all the guns. Basically heres what Im looking at.

The pilots gun.

And the sight I keep getting for the gunners position.

Basically what I get is 4 little ridges at the top of what should be the gunsight and I cant figure out why I cant set a gunsight that will work for all the guns. The other planes all have several sights positions in gunsight select/options. It should have TU-2P, then TU-2 1, then TU-2 2, and so on. But it doesnt. Thanks.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: TU-2S gunsights
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:40:11 PM »
In your sights directory create the following 3 text files.

tu2sGP1.txt
tu2sGP2.txt
tu2sGP3.txt

Inside of them type in the name of the gunsight file you want to use in that gunnery position. Hitech Creations used to have an old file named:

RUS_PBP1.bmp

Edit tu2s.txt to see what I mean. That is the pilot's gunsight you selected for the Tu-2s. So if you have a personal favorite like:

KillBot.bmp

Then that is what you type into the 3 text files you created. Just make sure it is a gunsight in your current "C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sights" folder.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:46 AM »
Thank you Bustr. I'll try it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
Nope. Didnt work. Until they fix the F3 and give the gunners sight positions in preferences i cant fly this plane. There are to few rounds in those positions to walk the stream into IB fighters. Nobody wanted this freaking thing more then me and I cant even fly it.

Thanks anyway.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
Sorry, you have a completely different issue going on with how your system is rendering the gunsight mask.

You might want to open a description in the Bug forum.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
Sorry, you have a completely different issue going on with how your system is rendering the gunsight mask.

You might want to open a description in the Bug forum.

I did. I have no other problem setting any sight in any other plane or vehicle and never have. Only this TU2S.

So I did what you told me to try and ended up with the same. pilot sight

Gunners sight, which should be the very same one

No matter what sight I select I get the very same 4 little specs at the top of the sight.

My "system" has nothing to do with it. The problem would be a non issue if they just made different sight preferences for each gun as they have done with every other airplane and vehicle in the game. Thanks again for trying to help but it is starting to really aggravate me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
Have you tried various "sitting heights" i.e. moving your vertical position? I know, this is a dumb question, but it occurred in my mind seeing some hints of a gunsight in your pictures.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »
Have you tried various "sitting heights" i.e. moving your vertical position? I know, this is a dumb question, but it occurred in my mind seeing some hints of a gunsight in your pictures.

This is what I was thinking.  Did you possibly raise the head position to a point where you can no longer see the reticle image in the reflector sight?  (That angle in your image appears like you are looking down at the reflector glass.)

Try hitting the Page Down key and see if the sight comes into view?

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:24:14 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:10 AM »

This is what I was thinking.  Did you possibly raise the head position to a point where you can no longer see the reticle image in the reflector sight?  (That angle in your image appears like you are looking down at the reflector glass.)

Try hitting the Page Down key and see if the sight comes into view?

<S>
Ryno

Thanks. Tried all that. The New patch makes the problem irrelevant. Unlike Electronic Arts Aces High actually fixes stuff and does it quickly. :rock