Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7835 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2014, 08:58:43 AM »
Both of lyric's latest films are in the EW arena. All they really do in there is build perks and try to sneak in as the "Top Pilots" at the end of the tour. Both were flying JU's against his 38 G so the out come was pretty well " a given".

I don't see it in the Mains that often, but I fly during US peak and so the numbers are a bit higher so maybe the "bailers" are hiding in those numbers.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »
Only a select few individuals get such treatment.

So far, only MANoWAR and 2cmex have made me grief them.
2cmex isnt an idot like MANoWAR hes dam good in a fighter and never runs his mouth :headscratch:

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
I bomb strats to help my side win, not because it's fun.

LOL  :rolleyes:

are you being paid? because that sounds like work.

video games are supposed to be fun.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »
All they really do in there is build perks and try to sneak in as the "Top Pilots" at the end of the tour. Both were flying JU's against his 38 G so the out come was pretty well " a given".

Not exactly most of them in early war for the most part never come to late war or mid war for that matter. So perk points are not the goal for these guys from time to time I will catch someone in Lancs. As far as rankings are concerned I don't really see that with the exception of fighter. If you look at the stats for top fighter rank over a period of time in Early war (not always but more often than not).  The top guy seems to find the same person who ups 7-8 times in bombers & the fellow in the fighter has only one sortie in early war for the entire tour. 

:headscratch: Strangely I don't seem to have that good fortune. :devil

I do see the bomb & bail in all arenas I just don't film that often though.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »
I've only done it once as long as I can remember, and I can say I was perfectly justified in doing so.

I read a text message on the room channel: "anyone seen 2cmex and his damn tempest?"

"Yeah, he was motoring home just a bit ago. He was only at 6k, if anyones got a lot of smash"

And what do you think happened to appear at long-6 o'clock, right around 6k? You guessed it; a Typhoon icon. I waited until he closed to 3k and bailed on him. Oh the howls of rage and fury that were heard on CH 200.

Later, I even helped SYSTEM kill one of his Tempests.
you mean he didnt have his LA lacky there to set you up for him... oh yeah you were in buffs.  I love when he is alone, easy meat

As I logged off for the night, I found myself thinking:

(Image removed from quote.)
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2014, 02:53:17 AM »
Your sampling is small.  :D

It is, but I'd contend that it is still a considerable amount compared with the avg subscriber   :D
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 04:44:28 AM »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:28 AM »
Since the bomb & bail seems to be mostly against strats to aid in base captures. For the most part AAA & City from what I have seen  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: What if a penalty equal to the damage down time to strats was equal to how long before the culprit can up again.

After all you can affect the strats up to three hours that makes it difficult to defend or resupply any base that has later been damaged.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bw8v1235bdk3d4/1csmo_bomb_and_bail_again_1226.ahf

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2014, 04:14:58 AM »
Bailing after bombing or not, the damage to strats should be better balanced with the ability to resupply.  I was one of the main supporters of making strat strikes an important target and viable game play option.  I stand by that notion, but just like 100 percent town captures, I feel that 3 hours (or even excess of 1 hour) supply times at 4 minutes per supply drop is over the top. 

The current settings would be appropriate for a "scenario" but for MA game play, and smaller numbers, one or two players have the ability to grief so many.  Make supply drops on strats worth 10 to 15 minutes, and give those goon pilots a safe landing just like ground vehicles are able to (undamaged, and away from enemy contact).

{edited for spelling error}
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:01:19 AM by Chilli »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
I stand by that notion, but just like 100 percent town captures, I feel that 3 hours (or even excess of 1 hour) supply times at 4 minutes per supply drop is over the top. 

One hour of factory building downtime - At a C-47 flight time of 5 minutes, it would take one player 30 minutes and only two players as little as just over 20 minutes to redeem any damage done.
This would make strat attacks on more remote targets on most maps absolutely pointless. Nobody invests 90 minutes of flight time to see you target coming back up that fast, especially if it comes back up before you even have landed.

And no, we can't compare this to the 15 minutes of hangar downtime, because the impact and significance is a totally different one.

But in my opinion we do have some kind of balance problem now on maps like Ndisles since we got the dispersed strats. Vital factories are now close to the front line and almost indefensible to the point that there's almost no point in trying to do so. In effect you have constantly 150 minutes of AA or radar downtimes there. I have myself abandoned almost all "strategic play" on those maps, be it on offense (bomber) or on defense (fighter).
But that's a problem which can not be solved by changing the strat downtimes across the board.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »
One hour of factory building downtime - At a C-47 flight time of 5 minutes, it would take one player 30 minutes and only two players as little as just over 20 minutes to redeem any damage done.
This would make strat attacks on more remote targets on most maps absolutely pointless. Nobody invests 90 minutes of flight time to see you target coming back up that fast, especially if it comes back up before you even have landed.
{snip}

At 4 minutes a resupply and 5 minutes (drop and bail)... with no downtime between I still calculate 30 minutes of "constant" in the seat flying (6 boxes x 4 mins =24 mins). ( 1 hr = 60 mins ) - 24 mins = (36 mins  resupplied time).  However the clock has run (5 mins x 6 trips = 30 mins clock time).  36 -30 = 6 mins left on the clock.

In any event, I do not equate time flying (partially afk) in bombers to numerous short drop and bail trips (why should I have to bail anyways) even if they were of equal or greater length.  Also, the downtimes that I have encountered, (and I think you made a reference to certain maps), have been generally more than 2 hours.  Yesterday strat buildings were down for 155 minutes at one time.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
At 4 minutes a resupply and 5 minutes (drop and bail)... with no downtime between I still calculate 30 minutes of "constant" in the seat flying

Have I said something different?

In any event, I do not equate time flying (partially afk) in bombers to numerous short drop and bail trips (why should I have to bail anyways) even if they were of equal or greater length. 

I do. Because it's time that is the great limit factor of most players.

Also, the downtimes that I have encountered, (and I think you made a reference to certain maps), have been generally more than 2 hours.  Yesterday strat buildings were down for 155 minutes at one time.

You seem to be confuse factory and field object downtimes in my post ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »
Land the Bombers after a run is a must, i dont even loose the drones on purpose. I can land atleast one plane 75% of the missions even if im attacked. There is nothing more satisfying than having a guy hunting u for 20-30 min and just when he is in gun range shoot him down. When im buffs i feel that i can beat all players but one and i see an intercepting fighter as a scoring opportunity.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »
The issue here is bailing.  Bailing is reinforced, where it should be frowned upon. 

What I didn't communicate effectively was in Snailman's example of 30 minutes to resupply 1 hr of damage, his estimate was short by at least 6 minutes.  That is to say that 30 minutes on the clock had run down, but only 24 minutes of resupply was delivered.

Yes, there is a great difference in factory downtime and field strat downtime.  Since I was speaking of factory and HQ downtimes, the extensive 2 - 3 hour downtimes still gives one player too much power to grief many others.  That is my point and not watered down at all by 1+ hour town down times or radar down times.

The Balance is not right, and I haven't heard anything to persuade me to think otherwise.  Especially, any suggestion that hands on flying a C47 with no guns or text buffer broadcast when landed, is the same quality time spent as flying Bombers with several gun positions and the ability to grief and entire group of players, have the text buffer brag about what you did, and not even necessary to be in the same room as the computer a good deal of time.

In the past the same claims were made over and over about towns have to be 100% destroyed.  HTC, was rather open minded and stated it was not their intention to stall the capture of airfields, and then made adjustments to the amount of buildings needed to be destroyed and also gave us the now famous "white flag".

Simply put the penalty on a large group of players by a single or small group of players is again disproportional to the amount of effort expended.  I do like the strategic game presented, just not the extended long lasting effects.