Author Topic: AI is not so AI in LW  (Read 426 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
AI is not so AI in LW
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »
Is something wrong with AI? Today after a disco it said would put me back into flight shortly....that never happened.

Then I was in flight at arena reset in lw after bishops won war. Waited and joined new map to get message..."the AI has crashed your plane into the earth"...what? That was odd. After a map reset?

Thank You
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: AI is not so AI in LW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 03:49:32 AM »
checked lw tour 169 statistics for my pilot RaceBann, it says disco = 0

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
When the map resets and ANY user is still in flight in any way shape or form that sortie does not count what-so-ever....

Of course the AI will give you that message because that is exactly what happens, everyone instantly dies and discos... However as pointed out above the sortie DOES NOT COUNT if the sortie is still active during the Host disconnection upon map reset.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
When the map resets and ANY user is still in flight in any way shape or form that sortie does not count what-so-ever....

Of course the AI will give you that message because that is exactly what happens, everyone instantly dies and discos... However as pointed out above the sortie DOES NOT COUNT if the sortie is still active during the Host disconnection upon map reset.

Hi MrKrabs, that was the first time the game ever gave me the "AI has crashed your plane into the earth" when logging back in after a reset that occurred while I was in flight.

Regarding 0 discos in stats - I was referring to earlier disco where AI said it would put me into flight shortly but actually it did not. That disco I believe should have been recorded as a disco. I was in the middle of a furball when that one occurred.

Sorry if wasn't very clear, I was trying to report 2 different events that might be related regarding the AI. These occurred within probably an hour of each other.

Luckily I haven't been getting the repeated discos like some folks have to endure.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
If you're low or not relatively level when your disco occurs, the AI might not be able to deal with your plane enough to get it to level flight.

AI reduces your engines to idle so a NOE Lancaster raid will likely belly in before you can get back into the plane.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
If you're low or not relatively level when your disco occurs, the AI might not be able to deal with your plane enough to get it to level flight.

AI reduces your engines to idle so a NOE Lancaster raid will likely belly in before you can get back into the plane.

Why does the AI reduce engines to idle?
They're casting their bait over there, see?