Author Topic: Bill Nye debates Ken Ham  (Read 3129 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bill Nye debates Ken Ham
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »
Really?  When I was young I had no idea of who God was until my parents told me that I was a Catholic and had to believe in him.  Lucky for me, I rarely did anything my parents told me to do.

ack-ack

I highly doubt you remember being 2-3-4 years old....let alone what you even "thought" about.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
was that before or after they decided you would fall off the edge if you went too far out to sea?

you have been fooled.  when the legend becomes fact, print the legend.  in school they teach about columbus based on a book that was fiction.  you may want to read it some time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_and_Voyages_of_Christopher_Columbus

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
I highly doubt you remember being 2-3-4 years old....let alone what you even "thought" about.

I remember when my brother was born.  I was 18 months old.  my mom was surprised when I described the room and the position of the bed down to the footstep I had to use to look at my brother. i can describe the house I lived until I was two in down to the location of the rooms and positions of the beds and that was before my brother was born.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:07 PM »
did anyone make it through that?  :confused:  It made my body hurt just trying to watch it?  :uhoh

I hope someone talked about dreams and intuition  :old:   :ahand  :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:25:38 PM by NatCigg »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
did anyone make it through that?

I tried but the video was blocked here in Germany  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
I remember when my brother was born.  I was 18 months old.  my mom was surprised when I described the room and the position of the bed down to the footstep I had to use to look at my brother. i can describe the house I lived until I was two in down to the location of the rooms and positions of the beds and that was before my brother was born.

semp

not likely....more likely you heard the stories for so long they became memories to you...

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
Draw a circle as big as you can on a sheet of paper, that is all of the "true" knowledge in this world, in the universe!
inside that circle draw a small circle, about a quarter inch in diameter , that is what bill Nye knows,
now draw a smaller circle ,that is what Ken Ham knows!
Now tell me how either one knows anything or everything about exsistance in the universe, or even on the planet compared to all that is real and true? 
Then explain why Albert Einstein believed, and if you think Bill Nye is smarter than him?
Then explain how any of it matters?
People believe what they want to believe , some for better, some not so much, I trust in the fact that whatever it is that is controlling my life, so far so good!  I also believe that having faith in something bigger than your self cannot hurt you nearly as much as having faith in nothing at all,   
All that said, I would bet that the earth is almost a hundred million years old , and that fact is relevant to my exsistance !
Flying since tour 71.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 09:55:46 PM »
I have a few memories of my first year of life. I know they are memories because no one could have known. Th most vivid is this: My crib was in the living room of my parents apartment, right next to the inner wall. Above my crib was a small mantle with some pictures and other decorative items on it. One of these items was an abstract statue of a bird with a long craning neck. Outside the living room was a streetlight that shone some light into the living room... That bird cast a terribly scary shadow on the wall right above my crib, every single night. I could not have told anyone that, so no one could have told me.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »
I have a few memories of my first year of life. I know they are memories because no one could have known. Th most vivid is this: My crib was in the living room of my parents apartment, right next to the inner wall. Above my crib was a small mantle with some pictures and other decorative items on it. One of these items was an abstract statue of a bird with a long craning neck. Outside the living room was a streetlight that shone some light into the living room... That bird cast a terribly scary shadow on the wall right above my crib, every single night. I could not have told anyone that, so no one could have told me.
This is starting to sound like prof. Duncan's psycotherapy in the christmas claymation Community episode.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:34 PM »
This is starting to sound like prof. Duncan's psycotherapy in the christmas claymation Community episode.
By far the worst episode of an otherwise brilliant show.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:52 PM »
Season four aka the gas leak year episodes were all worse.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
Draw a circle as big as you can on a sheet of paper, that is all of the "true" knowledge in this world, in the universe!
inside that circle draw a small circle, about a quarter inch in diameter , that is what bill Nye knows,
now draw a smaller circle ,that is what Ken Ham knows!
Now tell me how either one knows anything or everything about exsistance in the universe, or even on the planet compared to all that is real and true? 
Then explain why Albert Einstein believed, and if you think Bill Nye is smarter than him?
Then explain how any of it matters?
People believe what they want to believe , some for better, some not so much, I trust in the fact that whatever it is that is controlling my life, so far so good!  I also believe that having faith in something bigger than your self cannot hurt you nearly as much as having faith in nothing at all,   
All that said, I would bet that the earth is almost a hundred million years old , and that fact is relevant to my exsistance !

excellent post

:aok

YOU are controlling your life ;) freewill

although I do believe everything happens for a reason.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »
I take that back they werent all worse.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 11:14:01 PM »
ok here are some facts that you wont find in any book.....

everything happens for a reason.....

my dad was a very viscous man, he beat the friggen crap outta me...everyday..... until I started running away...

because of this I spent my entire juvenile life locked up....or living on the streets.....except for a couple times I got out and went to foster homes...and a group home....or escaped.

I went to prison at 18 for the first true crime I committed when I was 17,.....yet already had 7 years locked up....

by time I was 18 I hated GOD..... hated him with every ounce of what I was......as a matter of fact hate and anger is all that I knew....

if I never went to prison I would NOT have my kids....

if my dad never beat me I would not have gone to prison....

if I never went to juvi jail/prison I would not of been drawing my whole life....

fact is I met someone while I was in prison...I ran into him again after I got out....his girlfriend at the time...is my wife now and the mother of 6 of my kids.....tomorrow is our 21 years of being together......

LOVE is all thats important in this world......everything we NEED to live can hurt us.....kill us even....

yet LOVE which one does NOT need to live..... we can never get too much of....

the Love of my kids took me.... a man who should be a sociopath.....a man who had NO emotions but anger and hatred.....and showed me whats important....

LOVE is a word overly used in this world...but very few know what Love really is.

God is Love....how can I ever turn my back on Love/God.....

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
You turned your life around, perhaps in part due to the human parenting instinct, which is very powerful. You did that... If you need to project that accomplishment on someone else because you're suffering from guilt, then choose someone worthy of the praise, like your kids or your wife.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."