Author Topic: Can't Hit a Barn  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Can't Hit a Barn
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 11:11:22 AM »
Sir it might also be the airplane your driving not all aircraft "point" the same, and some will seem to react better to your style of play and handle on the controls you might try a different aircraft and see if that helps as well.

IMO I hate the P51D as it never does handle right to me as a gun platform, flying it is great but when shooting at things with it.....its just awful. I'd fly anything else before a D pony if I had the chance.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
Sir it might also be the airplane your driving not all aircraft "point" the same, and some will seem to react better to your style of play and handle on the controls you might try a different aircraft and see if that helps as well.

IMO I hate the P51D as it never does handle right to me as a gun platform, flying it is great but when shooting at things with it.....its just awful. I'd fly anything else before a D pony if I had the chance.

And I feel the exact opposite way, far easier for me to with than most things. I think I make more difficult shots with the P-51D than anything else. Whereas I feel Corsairs and Jugs are wonderful planes planes with the same 50s, but a more twitchy. I wonder what makes the difference? Joystick, stick settings?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
And I feel the exact opposite way, far easier for me to with than most things. I think I make more difficult shots with the P-51D than anything else. Whereas I feel Corsairs and Jugs are wonderful planes planes with the same 50s, but a more twitchy. I wonder what makes the difference? Joystick, stick settings?

Possibly what you get used to from the start?  I've flown hogs and jugs from the beginning of my time here, and I hit as good as I hit with both.  I get in a 51, and I have trouble hitting.  I am guessing there's a difference between the pony and the other two in the distance between LOS and the gun mounts, or something.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
I wonder what makes the difference? Joystick, stick settings?
I found players with a hard time hitting things often find this is the case. (to much nose bounce)
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 04:12:41 AM »
I found players with a hard time hitting things often find this is the case. (to much nose bounce)

YUP!! how can I fix it ??

W-W

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »

W-W

Scaling your stick can help eliminate nose bounce.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »

W-W

One way I found helpful in the offline arena is using the target and full zoom.  Use the .target XXX command to call up a target on the NE runway.  Use  like 600 yards to start or at you can try at convergence.  Follow the target while using full zoom.  Try to hold the sight dead on center.  It want be easy.  If you are bouncing, use the scale to soften the movement.  The zoom's only function in this is it kind of amplifies the problem so you can see the bounce allowing you to fine tune the scaling.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »
One way I found helpful in the offline arena is using the target and full zoom.  Use the .target XXX command to call up a target on the NE runway.  Use  like 600 yards to start or at you can try at convergence.  Follow the target while using full zoom.  Try to hold the sight dead on center.  It want be easy.  If you are bouncing, use the scale to soften the movement.  The zoom's only function in this is it kind of amplifies the problem so you can see the bounce allowing you to fine tune the scaling.

good idea dude :aok

im gonna do this...I have massive nose bounce.....I do have the stick scaled but obviously it is wrong.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »
Im kinda moving in the other direction. Im setting default view as close to the panel as practical and just not using zoom. I found the excessive use of zoom to actually make me worse. Course I stake no claim this is good advice cause my aim blows. I just found to much zoom to bounce the sights to much.

Theres way to many stick stirrers in the game. I'd rather fly the plane in historical correct ways and get shot down then jerk my stick like a jackoff trying to survive that way. Unfortunately its a viable tactic in a computer game where'as it wouldnt be in real life.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 01:32:56 AM »

That sir is an awesome Idea...   :aok

Thanx Randy!!

W-W

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 06:14:14 AM »
That sir is an awesome Idea...   :aok

Thanx Randy!!

W-W

:aok