Author Topic: not thrilled with spread out strats on current map  (Read 1261 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: not thrilled with spread out strats on current map
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 10:55:47 AM »
I wish I could find time to play the game so I could whine.  :noid
Top Gun

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
I wish I could find time to play the game so I could whine.  :noid

you are whining you cant play the game  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
On the large maps, I'd like to see the factories NOT put all the way to the rear, but maybe 2/3'rds the way back.  Currently, they are very much to the rear and me thinks it may be simply too much.  I like the spread out bases, but WAY to the rear is a bit far, imo. 

Also, we're still missing targets of strategic  importance for the designated "attack" aircraft to hit (other than bases and towns).  I miss having the opportunity to run in the Mossi, 110, A20, and other such direct attack aircraft.  As it stands, the factories are WAY to the rear and very much out of reach for the dive bombers and gun boats.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »

It's not Lusche that you need to convince.

I know that, but since he is one of the 'guardians of the strats' (there almost all the time) I wanted to ask him his opinion to see how it would affect gameplay.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:15 PM »
I know that, but since he is one of the 'guardians of the strats' (there almost all the time)

Actually I have spend way more game time attacking the central strats than defending them - more than 700 hours in 556 missions over the course of 515 days. My strat defense has just been more 'flashy' and obvious.

But it's already well known that I'm only arguing here to get my cheap kill opportunities back, so it all doesn't matter anymore.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:52:27 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »
you are whining you cant play the game  :D.

semp

I can play the game, just choose to dedicate my time to studying instead.
Top Gun

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 01:06:05 AM »
No car for you......one year.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
Not asking for a U-turn, just commenting that the northern (nit) aaa factory was out of any realistic bombing range. Just would like to see that and a few other factories brought a little closer in when the map comes round next rotation.
and why do have to pick on a knight base--your other enemy is on the other side-go pick on them..i think it's great that they spread the strats out..makes it harder for the rooks and bish to beat-up on our strats.seems like b's and r's always pick on us first..pick on each other for a change..
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
and why do have to pick on a knight base--your other enemy is on the other side-go pick on them..i think it's great that they spread the strats out..makes it harder for the rooks and bish to beat-up on our strats.seems like b's and r's always pick on us first..pick on each other for a change..

It was the worst example--something like 8 sectors away from the nearest bishop base (and buffs would need at least a bit of alt while traversing nmy territory, so practically speaking the nearest suitable bish base to attack from was further back than that). It wasn't in "realistic" bombing range because, even if you could get to target and back without running out of fuel, a 2+ hour mission to flatten a single factory would not have been worth the time and effort expended.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »
I think on small maps the strats ought to centralized, and de-centralized on the larger maps. In my opinion this should be an adequate compromise.

Chuikov

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »
It was the worst example--something like 8 sectors away from the nearest bishop base (and buffs would need at least a bit of alt while traversing nmy territory, so practically speaking the nearest suitable bish base to attack from was further back than that). It wasn't in "realistic" bombing range because, even if you could get to target and back without running out of fuel, a 2+ hour mission to flatten a single factory would not have been worth the time and effort expended.

hehehe exactly
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.