Author Topic: Red arrows tribute (using spitfires)  (Read 887 times)

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
Red arrows tribute (using spitfires)
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:48:13 AM »
Hi guys,

I have uploaded my first "movie"

Me and squad mate hounddog did a little red arrows style aerobatic routine in a pair of spit9's.

I like to think it's in honour of the 2 red arrows pilots that died a few years back in training accidents.  Hope you all enjoy it and any feedback welcome.  I am still getting used to camera shots etc so feel free to let me know what worked and what didn't!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pd46c0j_so  :airplane:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Red arrows tribute (using spitfires)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:55 AM »
Lol I don't think I've ever seen so many copyright violations on a single video before. Blocked in the US of course. You seem to have gotten to just about everybody!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
Lol I don't think I've ever seen so many copyright violations on a single video before. Blocked in the US of course. You seem to have gotten to just about everybody!

Wasn't blocked for me. Not yet anyway...

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Wasn't blocked for me. Not yet anyway...

And I'm literally right down route 41 from you! Same country different county.

I tried the link again and I get :

This video contains content from WMG, UMG, The Harry Fox Agency, Inc.(HFA), Beggars, EMI Music Publishing and ABKCO Music, Inc.  One or more of whom have blocked it in your county on copyright grounds.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

:O

lol Still working for me? Maybe not blocked in UK?  Well it was my first movie! Can I put a disclaimer / list the copyrights to make it ok?  :bolt:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »
It's funny how it relates to the other thread here about music. I was thinking of doing a video myself and wondered how that worked. Guess it's a semi-random copyright police thing. You either get zapped right away or in a while or never.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
It's funny how it relates to the other thread here about music. I was thinking of doing a video myself and wondered how that worked. Guess it's a semi-random copyright police thing. You either get zapped right away or in a while or never.

The youtube robots can be fooled if you add some sound effects or voice over the music so that it doesn't sound like the music anymore. It would need an actual person to watch and flag it. You can also make the video "private" which will mean people can only watch it if you share the link with them (I think).

There is also royalty free music out there which doesn't get flagged by youtube bots.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
 :D I saw it

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »
:D I saw it

:banana: :aok

Seems some can see it and some can't! You'd think the artist would be glad of the free publicity, I do mention them in the credits!!!!

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 05:42:32 AM »
wtg good vid...
found this on you tube as well really cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-aw3aJpBc

`Clear right and pull 7g` :)
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
Tried it just from work and it ran fine. Nicely done. Maybe because I was trying on my tablet yesterday? The link is a mobile one but now I'm at a desktop.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
Near London here, works fine all over the UK I'd say. Enjoyed the footage and the verboten tunes. Smooth flying, if you practiced a lot you two could tighten that up to be even better. I'm sure anyone who has tried formation aerobatics has also found a new respect for the skill involved in real life.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
Tried it just from work and it ran fine. Nicely done. Maybe because I was trying on my tablet yesterday? The link is a mobile one but now I'm at a desktop.

Awesome! Glad you finally got to watch and liked it! I did have third party content detected notice when I checked just now...hopefully they will just put an advert in front or track the vid!

Strange how it can work on one platform and not another why is that?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
I have some tips for tightening up the formation.

Lead should always be at less then full power so the Wingman has thrust in reserve to hold position.

When the Wingman falls behind  Lead should turn enough so the Wingman can use lead pursuit to close the distance.
This works better than Lead cutting throttle while flying straight.

The biggest gaps tend to open when Lead and Wingman fail to change AOA together. Changing angle of attack changes your speed.
When you fly a loop this becomes obvious, the key is pulling up at the same time and same rate of pitch change.

It's easy to get sucked out of position into a tail chase. Wingman has to focus completely on staying in position while Lead is focused on smooth repeatable maneuvers so the Wingman knows what to expect and can anticipate where he has to add power.

Get in position on the runway, try a 45 degree offset to start, and maintain it through the flight instead of joining up later.

Plan your routine so Wingman is on the inside of turns.

AH smoke trails are so short and thick you may look better without it.

With practice you will be able to stay within about 30 yards. Lag will not let both of you see the same distance so go by the Wingman since the Wingman is holding position on his PC and should look pretty stable on his film.

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »
Near London here, works fine all over the UK I'd say. Enjoyed the footage and the verboten tunes. Smooth flying, if you practiced a lot you two could tighten that up to be even better. I'm sure anyone who has tried formation aerobatics has also found a new respect for the skill involved in real life.

Thanks mechanic!!

Yes we only practiced for half an hour and then filmed for half an hour...more of our squad (and Dolby!!!) were in the TA last night practicing the same thing but with 5 aircraft...seriously tough to keep formation, but we were getting better!

The amount of skill it takes in real life is amazing and next time I see the red arrows in a 9 ship loop 6 feet apart I will probably give them a