Author Topic: Updated terrain goal 2014  (Read 587 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Updated terrain goal 2014
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »
I just wanted to share mi version of AH2 in cool mode.

good luck achieving this goal, lord knows my computer could not run it anyway.
 :cheers:

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Updated terrain goal 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:34:46 AM »
Challenge accepted. :devil
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
X Box is doing it,maybe someday AH will catch up.  :neener:
The new update (if it happens) looks like it should add a lot more realism. :rock
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »
X Box is doing it,maybe someday AH will catch up.  :neener:
The new update (if it happens) looks like it should add a lot more realism. :rock
why do people just throw the word realism around when talking about graphics effects?  :rolleyes:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »
why do people just throw the word realism around when talking about graphics effects?  :rolleyes:

Because to a lot of people, how it looks is just as important as how it moves and acts.  Everybody's threshold for what looks 'realistic enough' is different.  For myself, the graphics are good enough to get the information of the game across.  I have something that resembles a plane to look out of, and I get to shoot at other things that resemble planes.  While I like the new models, it doesn't make my eyes bleed to fly the earliest modeled planes.

More detail on graphics is nice, but for myself I'd much rather have improvements that actually impact gameplay like a more refined DM rolled in with the graphics to display it.

I think the graphics update will be most beneficial for the ground game, as when you're sitting on the ground the terrain does look extremely dated.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
Because i was talking about it looking more (REAL) hence the word realism.  :headscratch:

:aok  :lol
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Because i was talking about it looking more (REAL) hence the word realism.  :headscratch:

:aok  :lol
:P  come on Sunka. the word "realism" refers to functionality not aesthetics... the correct word would have been "realistic", as in "it will look more realistic".
jarhed  

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
:P  come on Sunka. the word "realism" refers to functionality not aesthetics... the correct word would have been "realistic", as in "it will look more realistic".
Wow ........really?  :rofl

:salute

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
nice english catch +10  now if we could get are,our and there their,theyre as well as to and too   in the mix corrected...we could speak english!!!!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
And then they reduce graphics settings to aces high 1.2 levels so they can see GV from half a sector away.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Wow ........really?  :rofl

:salute
joo beng rown long eenup, joo no whu eye be say.   :lol
jarhed  

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
Challenge accepted. :devil

:cheers: Hey, USRanger! 

I would go the other way with the challenge.  Realism is nice, and by all means full speed ahead with what it is that you do all so well.  :salute  I am just commenting on the usefulness of some "humor" every once in a while. 

I can remember finding the "Easter Eggs" that used to show up on terrains and having a giggle, while my dysfunctional arse was being shot down  :joystick: Afterwards thinking, "that was funny to see a giant squid, with its tentacle embracing a downed RAF aircraft."  :eek:  (That was of course after I had ranted on 200 for 5 minutes how it was impossible for a spitfire to reverse 180 climb and gain on my p51 -- yes, the learning curve was / is long for this one  :( ).

So, I would like to add to the OP's challenge.  More stuff, like mermaids lounging on rocky shorelines, or posters on village fences that reflect some sort of humor.  << Just my 2 cents

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
:cheers: Hey, USRanger! 

I would go the other way with the challenge.  Realism is nice, and by all means full speed ahead with what it is that you do all so well.  :salute  I am just commenting on the usefulness of some "humor" every once in a while. 

I can remember finding the "Easter Eggs" that used to show up on terrains and having a giggle, while my dysfunctional arse was being shot down  :joystick: Afterwards thinking, "that was funny to see a giant squid, with its tentacle embracing a downed RAF aircraft."  :eek:  (That was of course after I had ranted on 200 for 5 minutes how it was impossible for a spitfire to reverse 180 climb and gain on my p51 -- yes, the learning curve was / is long for this one  :( ).

So, I would like to add to the OP's challenge.  More stuff, like mermaids lounging on rocky shorelines, or posters on village fences that reflect some sort of humor.  << Just my 2 cents

+1
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
Good to see you around Chilli!