Author Topic: saiteks new stick  (Read 4698 times)

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Re: saiteks new stick
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
Latest on X55:
The X axis, controlling  the ailerons, has gone completely dead. I have a repair ticket in with Saitek, so we'll see what's up. This is rather surprising, to say the least. :mad:

That is very generous said.....

:furious :furious :furious :bhead :bhead :bhead :furious :furious :furious

:devil
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Cancelled my order today. I managed to convince myself that I will not need  new stick now that my x52pro is working well.

I will use the money into RC batteries instead...  :angel:

$13 was my fee :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 01:38:44 PM »
Sainte sticks are the worst you can get
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
I disagree, that they're bad sticks. I've gotten my RMA, they will send me a new stick. This is satisfactory, especially since it's a brand new product, not even offered except by pre-order. They're dealing with it politely and quickly. I've actually talked to an AMERICAN. Will continue to update as needed.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »

I seem to have gone thru 3 ch fightersticks with less use than my x52.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:33 AM »
How big are your hands? :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
I seem to have gone thru 3 ch fightersticks with less use than my x52.

semp

Have my CH Fighterstick since 2004...pedals also. Needed some cleaning but works fine  :aok

Interested in the throttle mostly. Are those metal switches to reach with your hand on one or both throttles?
That grey wheel to the right of the throttle can be used for flaps I thought....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 07:59:22 AM »
Have my CH Fighterstick since 2004...pedals also. Needed some cleaning but works fine  :aok

Interested in the throttle mostly. Are those metal switches to reach with your hand on one or both throttles?
That grey wheel to the right of the throttle can be used for flaps I thought....

And that's me being dumb... grey wheel is on a Thrustmaster Warthog... not Saitek...

Nevermind....  :bhead :bhead :bhead
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Update. I shipped the X-55 back, it arrived this past Wednesday. I finally called them, just now, to find out what they were going to do. They are shipping me a new stick today or Monday. It took a small amount of "righteous indignation", as they said that they were out of sticks, and were waiting on a new shipment, but they ponied up and did what was right. =S= to Saitek and the rep that I dealt with.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
Ive been thru 3 X52s, not X52 Pros, in my years of gaming. I usually get 3 or 4 years out of each one. One I think I got a little over 2, another like 4. Now the X52 is so cheap theres no doubt I'll buy another when this one blows up. Ive had less luck with Saitek rudders.

Dont get me wrong. I'd love to have one of them fancy Warthog Hotus jobs but they are dang pricey, tho Im sure they are worth it. I just dont game enough to be able to justify $500 for a joystick and throttle.

I still have an expensive Logicktek racing setup Ive only used once. I should probably sell it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2014, 11:19:26 AM »
Just curious  get your stick back yet?  How's it working?
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline amulford

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2014, 12:57:33 PM »

I've had the same X52 pro setup for over 5 years and it still works fine.  

My only wish is for a split throttle, to play with in the 38's  :airplane:

I don't really like this one all that much.  I like the dual stage trigger on mine.
StraBult - FSO C/O ClaimJumpers

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »
Sorry folks...yeah! I got it back. Working well. They gave me absolutely NO grief. Emailed me a shipping slip, so it was free and they had the new stick back to me 3 day shipping. I recommend Saitek for their service and support and for their good sticks. Everyone has a boo boo now and then, it's inevitable. Cudos to Saitek!!! I like the stick a lot, but it's taking some getting used to, as the rudder rotation is much firmer than with the X52s. The ONLY negative I have found, which is a personal preference, is that the trigger is single stage, not two stage like the X52s. I can live with it.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »
 I have had my X-55 for a month now.  No major problems" there was a slight drift while in the gun position which was fixed by going to a powered usb hub."
 The stick is very smooth and what I like best about it is it gives you a very precise feel.  I still have some toggle switches that are unmapped and im still working on the best setup.
My K/D in fighters has all but doubled this month don't know yet if it's just a hot streak or the stick making that much of the difference.
My only dislike is the single stage trigger which isn't that big of a deal.
I would definitely recommend the stick.
AkCaine

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 07:02:04 PM »
Do you gents know if there are drivers for win8 for the stick?

Thanks for getting back to us looks like I'll be ordering one this week along with my new computer. Gonna be an expensive month :lol
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.