Author Topic: map making  (Read 1066 times)

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
map making
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
If I want to make a map were can I find the Software and the latest tools to do so? I was thinking of making a map for the late war arena. Any help on how and what to do or not would be appreciated. thank you

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: map making
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:10 PM »
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
If I want to make a map were can I find the Software and the latest tools to do so? I was thinking of making a map for the late war arena. Any help on how and what to do or not would be appreciated. thank you

Not to discourage you, but it is a LOT of work. It takes a LOT of time. Knowing that going in might help you. If you go in thinking your going to build this map in a weekend or two your going to get frustrated really fast. If you plan on taking a good amount of time you won't get as frustrated.

Good luck! I hope you make one!

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »
Not to discourage you, but it is a LOT of work. It takes a LOT of time. Knowing that going in might help you. If you go in thinking your going to build this map in a weekend or two your going to get frustrated really fast. If you plan on taking a good amount of time you won't get as frustrated.

Minimum of 6 months if the editor doesn't act wonky or change in any way...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »

Ty, yes I was aware that it would be a lot of work. So with that in mind thought I would look into it. Would like to contribute to our comunity don't know if I will but am willing to try.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
Download the TE and make sure you have an image editing program such as Photoshop.  There is a TEreadme text document in your AH Editors folder after you download the editors.  Be sure to read it (a few times).  That will get you started.  Midi's tutorials posted in this forum would be the next step after that.  Then, just post questions as you have em in this forum.  We're always glad to help an aspiring terrain maker.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus