Author Topic: So Called Cheats  (Read 1846 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
So Called Cheats
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »
 :airplane: I have a question which I would like to hear you guys comments on! While enjoying a round of golf one day, a gentleman on my cart with me had an I pad. Out of curiosity I asked if I could try something and he handed me his device. In 20 seconds or less, I was on the Aces High web site! Now what is to keep someone from using an I pad or smart phone, paying the 14.95 a month and monitoring which ever country he would like to?
Is this something that is a problem or going to be? If not, please advise me! A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.
I am raising this point because I don't want anything to disrupt this great game!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: So Called Cheats
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
12 hour rule does not discourage vox PM or text PM.
So people can pass information about the other side freely.

Reduce the 12 hour rule, it is stupid.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »
This is the daftest thread ever :rofl

What if people had a carrier pigeon each and sent to tell someone where a CV was :old:

Golf is poo!

A lot of angry people play golf :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
:airplane: I have a question which I would like to hear you guys comments on! While enjoying a round of golf one day, a gentleman on my cart with me had an I pad. Out of curiosity I asked if I could try something and he handed me his device. In 20 seconds or less, I was on the Aces High web site! Now what is to keep someone from using an I pad or smart phone, paying the 14.95 a month and monitoring which ever country he would like to?
Is this something that is a problem or going to be? If not, please advise me! A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.
I am raising this point because I don't want anything to disrupt this great game!

you cannot load the game on an iPad or smart phone.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
If someone actually spends an extra $14.95 a month to screw up my attack plans or sink my CV... I win.
AMAX  in game

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »

Good luck trying to install Aces High on an Ipad or smart phone.

Currently there is nothing keeping anyone from having multiple accounts. If you have multiple computers then yes, you could have both running AH at the same time and monitor two different countries. However this is nothing new and it has been this way forever so I doubt now is the time that it will cripple the game.

If someone wants to pay an extra 14.95 a month to monitor a different country then you cannot stop that and nor should they, because at this point every dollar that HTC makes is valuable to keeping the game alive.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
He means people using it to contact the other side like a spiritualist :old:

If we ban electricty there would be no cheating :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »
Now what is to keep someone from using an I pad or smart phone, paying the 14.95 a month and monitoring which ever country he would like to?
The inability to install the game on a non-windows-desktop operating system device stops anyone from doing that with an iPad or smart phone.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
Spying was a huge part of WWII and no doubt changed the outcome of many battles.
AMAX  in game

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »
12 hour rule does not discourage vox PM or text PM.
So people can pass information about the other side freely.

Reduce the 12 hour rule, it is stupid.

Ding Ding

We haz a winnah!

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 03:54:16 PM »
     Spies!  :noid   Did they send in unarmed troop transports with no fighter cover? We do in AH. Do we have Coast watchers that report sightings of ships and aircraft, they did in ww2. Our Oceans are tiny in comparison to the Pacific theater. Do we have lame gamers in AH? well perhaps.  :ahand

I see you!

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »
A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.

Most "unexplained" things are actually very easy to explain, the problem is almost nobody wants to. Going ballistic on country is so much more convenient.
The overwhelming majority of this stuff happens because of totally 'legit' reasons. Most folks are simply extremely quick with knee-jerk "cheat" reactions.

Goons get shot down in foreseeable places. Certain squads launching their attacks always in the same, predictable pattern. Bombers skipping dars in a way you can easily pinpoint them in the remaining non dar space of a sector. NOE'S going thru an undetected CV dar circle. A friendly bomber drags enemy fighter to own CV... fighter radios CV position back home and when bombers sink that very CV 15 minutes later, everybody is going like " he went suspiciously straight to the CV". I have seen stuff like that hundreds of times.

I remember a particular incident where an enemy fighter was scouting for a lost CV we had hidden. For almost one hour he was zigzagging across the likely locations until he had found it. When he came back 20 minutes later in a Arados to sink it, about half a dozen well known "AH vets" agreed with each other he must have used a shade  :rolleyes:

I had people endlessly scream "traitor in SB" i was sitting in, because I didn't fire at the enemy CV... which was just outside SB arc.

Oh... and most "tricks", like driving in an M3 with troops to a base that doesn't have a direct Gv spawn to it, aren't new either. After playing a couple of years, you've most likely seen them all .. you check the approach route for such an M3, find & kill it and get the PM "You could not know that! SHADE!"

Cheesy things happen (and almost impossible to prevent), but only  a tiny fration of the rate which is being claimed.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
you cannot load the game on an iPad or smart phone.

semp
:airplane: Didn't try to download it, was just asking the question. If you can get on the internet with an I pad or smart phone, why couldn't you download the game?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »
as usual, lusche is correct.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.