Author Topic: So Called Cheats  (Read 1841 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: So Called Cheats
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »
:airplane: Didn't try to download it, was just asking the question. If you can get on the internet with an I pad or smart phone, why couldn't you download the game?

it wont run on a phone or an ipad.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »
Could in run on one of the Win8 pads?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 04:09:02 PM »
Well I changed sides last night so I could get more action in the fights. I'm sure it made a lot of people disappointed. However, Im loyal to any side that Im on at any given time and will do my best to check 6 and make sure friendlies survive.  

I think spying in this game is retarted. If you have to spy to "own" or control the map. You are pron a newb b
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
Could in run on one of the Win8 pads?

Yes but the performance will not be very good.  The Surface Pro I and II will run games like Call of Duty: Ghosts but at reduced settings, so it should also run AH.  The Razor gaming tablet will also run AH but I don't know how well, haven't really messed with the Razer tablet too much.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Regardless of how they find out, if your mission is going to fail if it encounters resistance, it's not very well planned.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 04:25:51 PM »
One time day I upped a A-20 when fighters were down. Got to of them as I slowly worked my way south of the base so I could climb out. As I climbed out was watching the radar, making sure I wasnt going to get hit when I see a dot on the edge of radar coverage hovering in the same place. I call it out over the radio and head out thinking it might be a set of bombers waiting till the hangers pop to go in and take them down again.  I get to the dot on the radar screen at about 7k.  There is know airplanes in sight. I roll the A20 into a 45 degree left hand bank and start a slow steady circle around the radar contact.  About 60 seconds into the orbit and 180 degrees later I spot a goon flying low over the water. I roll over on my back and dive in. I clobber him in one  pass and blows up.  
  About 30 seconds later i get a pm telling me that I am a cheat and using a shade account. Since there was no way that I could see him since he was flying around in a circle at 30 Feet.  I think what happened is every time he turned he would pop radar then dive back down to 30 feet at the end of the turn.

Another thing I find amazing is taking a jeep up close to a high traffic enemy base and call out over vox and type in radio all the different types of aircraft leaving the field.  ( I like to pretend I am recon unit in Indian Country

LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
you can put any players name in vox and tell them whats going on--you can be a knight player-and switch to rook-and tell your knight friend on vox-where rook cv's are at.-aka   spying---which won't do. :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
Most "unexplained" things are actually very easy to explain, the problem is almost nobody wants to.

Long, long ago in a land called Mac Air Warrior on AOL I flew the P-38 almost exclusively so I got decent in it.  I would routinely kill a guy, he would insinuate that I was cheating/hacking.  This went on quite a while.  One day he was the lone enemy, a total noob and I were on the same side….he had been slaughtering the noob flying a Spitfire.  I launch in my 38 and kill him a few times.  The noob reups in a 38, probably seeing my success, so evil thinker me ups in a Spit.  Yep, "that guy" assumed the 38 was me and ignored my Spit as I closed and shot him off the six of the 38.  He came on with a rant about my hacking rear firing guns on the 38, blah blah.  I posted the film up for review…he was very humble after that.  :)

Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:13 PM »
(...) He came on with a rant about my hacking rear firing guns on the 38, blah blah.  I posted the film up for review…he was very humble after that.  :)

:lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
:airplane: Didn't try to download it, was just asking the question. If you can get on the internet with an I pad or smart phone, why couldn't you download the game?

Earl, I have a tv that can "get on the net",it will surf webpages,stream youtube,let me do email but it wont run AH. I could read the forum with it but that doesnt mean I can install and run a game.

That said,I also have 2 desktops and could install 2 copies of AH if I wanted to but I see no reason other than to review films.

If you read what Lusche wrote you will see that most things can be explained without that 5 letter word!

As long as you have fun doing whatever you do while playing AH,who cares what "others" say!

:salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »
Being able to access the BBS doesn't give you the ability to see inside the game environment to see what players are doing and where things are.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Earl cannot plan accordingly
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
I am one of many who fail to properly plan missions, or read the map to see logical strike points and weaknesses on a front.

It is easier to blame someone else.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Earl cannot plan accordingly
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
It is easier to blame someone else.

I always blame you  :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
If you run an noe mission that goes over water, and as you get there a hoard is waiting for you magically. Someone probably watched you from the CV just out of your visual range as your big red blob of dots passed by on their dar. POTW got caught with that twice in the last few months. The epic fail hurts but, the epic fun generated can't be complained about. At least we cornered a hoard of red guys where they were willing to shoot at us. It was our own hubris that we only brought TuTus because we were convinced we would have the base down and captured before the hoard showed up.

A lot of bad unexplained out comes against the best laid plans, are simple hubris and impatience over coming the planning. You only have so much time to spend playing, and the arena looses population at a know rate in the evening. So you want to get out there asap and have fun. Anyone who has been part of a mission noe over water where an enemy CV was never supposed to be, knows how it feels to be flying along cutting up on channel with your friends and 5 inchers open up. At least your mission accomplished finding a hidden CV.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.

They should just quit the game, they are bringing down the collective IQ of the playerbase