Author Topic: So Called Cheats  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: So Called Cheats
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
Long, long ago in a land called Mac Air Warrior on AOL I flew the P-38 almost exclusively so I got decent in it.  I would routinely kill a guy, he would insinuate that I was cheating/hacking.  This went on quite a while.  One day he was the lone enemy, a total noob and I were on the same side….he had been slaughtering the noob flying a Spitfire.  I launch in my 38 and kill him a few times.  The noob reups in a 38, probably seeing my success, so evil thinker me ups in a Spit.  Yep, "that guy" assumed the 38 was me and ignored my Spit as I closed and shot him off the six of the 38.  He came on with a rant about my hacking rear firing guns on the 38, blah blah.  I posted the film up for review…he was very humble after that.  :)

There was a well known squadron a few years ago named SOARS that had two members that would routinely call me a cheat.  Both of these guys were convinced that I had some sort of hack that would disable their guns when they got on my six and disable their flight controls when I got on their six.  

This screenshot is one a favorite of mine.  What makes it really funny is that both players accusing me of cheating and spying are both off my six, within icon range and could clearly see (if their heads weren't suck where the Sun doesn't shine) my handle over my plane.  Didn't stop the cheating/spying accusations though.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »
:airplane: I have a question which I would like to hear you guys comments on! While enjoying a round of golf one day, a gentleman on my cart with me had an I pad. Out of curiosity I asked if I could try something and he handed me his device. In 20 seconds or less, I was on the Aces High web site! Now what is to keep someone from using an I pad or smart phone, paying the 14.95 a month and monitoring which ever country he would like to?
Is this something that is a problem or going to be? If not, please advise me! A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.
I am raising this point because I don't want anything to disrupt this great game!
Golf? You must be a p51 flyer.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »
There most definitely ARE folk with dual accounts who use one to spy with, one to fly with (I'm thinking of a certain player in particular right now who recently returned to AH, is very often online, but never ever has upped anything).
And I suppose there are lowlifes who tell friends on other teams where CVs are, where an noe mission is going, etc. But it's a tiny minority and imo gameplay is affected minimally.
If spying ever became pervasive--or even if I erroneously thought it was pervasive--I'd stop playing the game. The fun would be gone.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
There was a well known squadron a few years ago named SOARS

A goofier bunch of knuckleheads have yet to be found  :devil

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
:airplane: I have a question which I would like to hear you guys comments on! While enjoying a round of golf one day, a gentleman on my cart with me had an I pad. Out of curiosity I asked if I could try something and he handed me his device. In 20 seconds or less, I was on the Aces High web site! Now what is to keep someone from using an I pad or smart phone, paying the 14.95 a month and monitoring which ever country he would like to?
Is this something that is a problem or going to be? If not, please advise me! A lot of guys are getting frustrated with the game because of un-explained goon kills, bombers flying straight to a CV and a host of other things.
I am raising this point because I don't want anything to disrupt this great game!

Earl,
I was on coms during said convo. Dam near blew my cool when being insulted for disagreeing with all the supposed spy methods.
Guncrashers link is quite illuminating.
Any group can set up a 3rd party com system. ie teamspeak
If someone is rich enough to buy a 2nd and 3rd account, use multiple machines in order to gain an advantage, his loss of money, time and class.

There are many gripes to be had if that's where you want to go. Unlimited jets, bar dar, mission planners who scream join my mission with 10min and less warning, internet latency, hackers, yada yada. I say have fun, enjoy yourself to the fullest and play to your hearts content.

AH is a war simulator, all the things that happened in real war, happen in AH. Just be glad you can die over and over again, kill, kill, killll.
One day the game will be gone and we will miss even the BS. I was in flight, in FA, when the plug was pulled. Felt like an infant who just had his bottle taken away.
Enjoy to the fullest, nothing else like it!
 :salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »
:airplane: Didn't try to download it, was just asking the question. If you can get on the internet with an I pad or smart phone, why couldn't you download the game?

you can download the game, play it is a different thing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »

If someone is rich enough to buy a 2nd and 3rd account, use multiple machines in order to gain an advantage, his loss of money, time and class.

Not everyone who pays for multiple accounts is cheating. I pay 44.85 per month, however I only own one account. The other two subs I pay are for friends who wouldn't be flying in game otherwise.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
Earl,
I was on coms during said convo. Dam near blew my cool when being insulted for disagreeing with all the supposed spy methods.
Guncrashers link is quite illuminating.
Any group can set up a 3rd party com system. ie teamspeak

There are many gripes to be had if that's where you want to go. Unlimited jets, bar dar, mission planners who scream join my mission with 10min and less warning, internet latency, hackers, yada yada. I say have fun, enjoy yourself to the fullest and play to your hearts content.

AH is a war simulator, all the things that happened in real war, happen in AH. Just be glad you can die over and over again, kill, kill, killll.
One day the game will be gone and we will miss even the BS. I was in flight, in FA, when the plug was pulled. Felt like an infant who just had his bottle taken away.
Enjoy to the fullest, nothing else like it!

what link?

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »
Not everyone who pays for multiple accounts is cheating. I pay 44.85 per month, however I only own one account. The other two subs I pay are for friends who wouldn't be flying in game otherwise.

I have had 2 accounts or paying for two accounts past couple of years, other account has been used by players that couldnt afford it.  I am happy, I can afford it as somebody else paid for me when I first started it and couldnt afford it.  I am just paying it forward.

btw as for bombers heading straight for the cv, I would like to thank the gunners.  you can see the shells going out from way out there.  that and a bunch of red cons appearing out of nowhere on dar.

semp

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
Bruv119 is a proven cheat. I've seen video of him altering the weight of his own plane.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
Bruv119 is a proven cheat. I've seen video of him altering the weight of his own plane.
`

AFK and taking a dump isn't cheating  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »
`

AFK and taking a dump isn't cheating  :old:

:rofl
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »
Buy the book:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,358519.0.html

Sorry GC, I meant this one from BE. Trolled thru pages quickly, you had a post in close proximity. It all ran together.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:38 PM »

I was commenting on anyone who would pay for multi's for himself only. Nothing wrong with being a pal for good friends. Please do not assume I meant bad tidings for anything else. I was responding to the ops initial post m8.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
I was commenting on anyone who would pay for multi's for himself only. Nothing wrong with being a pal for good friends. Please do not assume I meant bad tidings for anything else. I was responding to the ops initial post m8.