Author Topic: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.  (Read 7034 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:12:05 AM »
Forty players total, 16 players in flight, less than half that are in planes, and some of those are in buffs. Why do non americans hate good video games?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Only 16 players inflight in the MA right now.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:39 AM »
The off hours really are getting tough.  :(

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:31:01 AM »
Forty players total, 16 players in flight, less than half that are in planes, and some of those are in buffs. Why do non americans hate good video games?
Not many players live in the middle of the pacific. The solution is lots of coffee supplies to the west coast players so they don't go to sleep before the Euroes come back from work.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 07:45:29 AM »
Not many players live in the middle of the pacific. The solution is lots of coffee supplies to the west coast players so they don't go to sleep before the Euroes come back from work.
That was the word I was looking for excuse why I wasn't playing at 1:30 PM! Thanks  :salute

:t
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:02 AM »

They hate it as much as Americans... as far as I can see, prime time numbers went down by a similar percentage...  :P

It is also to some degree an self-increasing effect. When you know it's a huge map like Ozkansas and few players are on anyway, you are reluctant to log in in the first place. The old "if nobody is there, nobody goes there" effect.
Personally, until last month I frequently used to do strat raids when I couldn't find any sustained battles.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »
+1. The large maps are so obviously self destructing I really cant believe they are still in rotation. Or still rotating during slow periods.

I quit last night to play BF4 cause I got tired of being able to count all the dots on the map in one minute.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »

Perk the Buffs!  :old:

AI where are you?  :cry  :cry
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:28:18 AM »
I wish I had time to play. I donated my main gaming rig to my son because I have no time to even think about games.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »
solution:::move to the u.s.--hehehe
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 11:39:57 AM »

AI where are you?  :cry  :cry

Great Idea. If there are less than 200 people in arena put 30 AI in per country
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »
Bluntly, it's the stupid maps. They're made for 10x the amount of players that we have now (I'd wager that even with 10x the amount of players, we'd still have room for more). Fighter Ace suffered the same fate and it went down the exact same path that Aces High is starting down now. It started with decreasing numbers and making it difficult to find fights.

This is why people love War Thunder and WoWP - it's not because of superior gameplay, it's because it's solid, repeatable gameplay. You can find a fight anytime you want.

Decrease the map sizes, compensate for fewer strats with higher defenses and game mechanics. It's fairly simple.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »
Bluntly, it's the stupid maps. They're made for 10x the amount of players that we have now (I'd wager that even with 10x the amount of players, we'd still have room for more). Fighter Ace suffered the same fate and it went down the exact same path that Aces High is starting down now. It started with decreasing numbers and making it difficult to find fights.

This is why people love War Thunder and WoWP - it's not because of superior gameplay, it's because it's solid, repeatable gameplay. You can find a fight anytime you want.

Decrease the map sizes, compensate for fewer strats with higher defenses and game mechanics. It's fairly simple.
ah isn't going down any road--and if you reduce the size of the maps,then you will have people crying that the maps are too crowded---not everybody can play at the same time...mostly the player shortage is due to real life situations...work--family--financial--etc..and not all of the maps are the same size...i said this before--you can find a fight anytime on any of these maps.but you have to good get it and not wait for it to come to you :bolt:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »
Popped in a few times last night (mine, between 10-30pm and 12-30am) and decided to flag it.... when I saw the map knew the main reason.... but ... it has been dwindling for some time....

Not many down here know about this game as there is no advertising other than what we..the people that play pacific time..... add to the likes of facebook etc..

Yet it seems like when I surf the web, even NZ sites, I quite often see a Warthunder banner.... may be an ad sense thing not too sure about that... none the less...it is getting very sad on my end unfortunately

I might have to look at getting a night job so I can get some decent game time during American times...the things you'll do to play AH :lol :lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 12:58:56 PM »
ah isn't going down any road--and if you reduce the size of the maps,then you will have people crying that the maps are too crowded---

I remember when all we had were small maps and the cries of how crowded those maps were and how it was nothing but a hoard fest because everyone was crammed into such a small area.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »
I keep thinking use the weather to control maps during off hours by weathering in air fields based on the number of players.  It would be a heck of a program but would add a bit of real life.  I guess you could even stop tanks with heavy rain and mud.