Author Topic: Awesome Cop Chase in the true AMERICAN ride  (Read 748 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Awesome Cop Chase in the true AMERICAN ride
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
Sheesh no matter what the cops do they take heat. They got it right here, they lived up to their motto to protect and serve.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 07:35:49 AM »
Yup the cops were crazy shooting like that. Lucky no one else got shoot.

One of these days you may wake up to find your bubble has collapsed and you will see the world correctly.  Until then, I truly feel sorry for you.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 08:06:49 AM »
That cop was awesome, 1 shot 1 hit. :old:

The cop got lucky. Cops are notoriously crappy shooters.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »

Your bait isn't even good.  If you are going to prod for reactions, at least put some thought into it.  Maybe a cup of coffee would help?   
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
Your bait isn't even good.  If you are going to prod for reactions, at least put some thought into it.  Maybe a cup of coffee would help?   

MiloMorai has it right given dangerous confrontations against people armed or thought to be armed. It's not bait for a troll. In the case of the truck driver, no one was shooting back.

One of my son-in-laws favorite stories is of defending a man who stood twenty-five feet way while five cops emptied their revolvers at him. They never hit him and luckily for him he was young enough to have a healthy heart because I'd have died on the spot.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »
MiloMorai has it right given dangerous confrontations against people armed or thought to be armed. It's not bait for a troll. In the case of the truck driver, no one was shooting back.

One of my son-in-laws favorite stories is of defending a man who stood twenty-five feet way while five cops emptied their revolvers at him. They never hit him and luckily for him he was young enough to have a healthy heart because I'd have died on the spot.

:huh

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »

Are you sure he hadn't just seen Pulp Fiction?

In the case of the truck driver he was armed with a weapon potentially far more dangerous than a gun.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »

Respectively, most anyone can stand at a shooting range and qualify.  In South Dakota, it takes an 80% score for a peace officer to be able to carry a sidearm.  That isn't difficult to do.  However, when put in to training scenarios in which the baddie may or may not be firing back (with "simunitions", not real ammo but instead chalk filled plastic bullets. Much like paintball.), the ability to accurately shoot diminishes in a major way thanks to reflexes kicking in.  I can't remember the last time I had anything other than a 100% for a qualification score, but as soon as hostile fire comes pouring in my shots go from a 6in group to beach ball size group, with some total misses mixed in. 

Br careful of how you label LEO's as "crappy shooters", it isn't a "day at the range" when their firing and in many cases LEO's are moving and in non-traditional stances when they fire.  Even with years of LEO training and courses taken at Thunder Ranch, etc, it is no cake walk. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
Police cop flak because they have been neutered and regulated to their absolute end and as a result they can't do their job properly.

I wish we could go back to when policing was catching scumbags and putting them where they can't hurt anyone.

How are they supposed to get range training with low budgets. And how are they supposed to police effectively if they lose their jobs if they so much as pinch someone who is talking out of line.

Back in my granddads day in London. Scumbags got smacked round the head, cuffed, and marched straight into the station where they were booked and locked up. People had respect for the law.

And whats more children grew up respecting and even to a small degree FEARING the police. If teenagers were vandalizing or causing a nuisance of themselves. Again, you'd get a really hard belt, and then
frog marched back home to your parents who would then belt you again.

I don't think people give ANY thought to the lives and situation of police officers.   

DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 12:12:33 AM »
My original comment was to this point.  

Why do these officers perpetuate these dangerous chases?  A chase requires a chasee and chaser, instead of giving chase in these situations why not get the plates, back off, let the helicopter track him (they had one) do some detective work (ie type plates into laptop) and find him later.  The truck driver probably not going to continue raging around the city like a mad man if nobody is chasing him.

Too many cops now days default to overwhelming force as their first strategy, which takes touchy situations and just escalates them into OMG-people-gonna-die situations.  They should be trying to de-escalate the danger, not escalate it.

Perfect example is the stupidity of "no knock" warrants for petty drug offenders.  When the police show up late at night in full SWAT gear in an MRAD, bust down the door and storm the whole house rifles at the ready to bust some dweeb growing pot in his grandma's basement. (Yes, that really happened, and lots others like it)  

Recently I read where a LEO was killed because he stormed into someones house on a "no knock" warrant.  Let me pose the question, if you're someone who keeps a gun in your nightstand, and somebody screams something at your door (cops did say they yelled POLICE, but of course he's asleep so all he know is someone woke him up) then bust down the door and storms in...   what are you gonna do???  And they yelled POLICE before busting down the door... so what, any mad-man can yell POLICE before busting down your door.

Then there is this story.

Police Shoot, Kill 80-Year-Old Man In His Own Bed, Don't Find the Drugs They Were Looking For.

I've talked about this with a couple older Sheriff's deputies that I know, and they confirm what I suspected.  That far to many of the younger generation of LEOs have a "Rambo" mentality, the first (and maybe only) plays in their playbooks are 'show of force' and 'intimidation'.  Combine this with the increase militarization of police forces (if they got the toys, you know they'll find an excuse to use them) and it's bad news.  15 years ago I would have said that 90% of cops are good guys, now based on personal experience, stories of corruption, and talks with those in the business, I'd have to guess it's more like 50/50 today.

In short cops need to get back to being more "Andy Griffith" and less "Rambo."

P.S.  As for cops being bad shots...  some are, some aren't, it all depends on how often they train.  But under pressure in real life shoot out, I suspect most fair no better or worse then the average gun-toting citizen would.  In 2010 NYPD officers has a 6.5% effective hit rate.  (stats from this video

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:16:21 AM by saggs »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »
I've talked about this with a couple older Sheriff's deputies that I know, and they confirm what I suspected.  That far to many of the younger generation of LEOs have a "Rambo" mentality, the first (and maybe only) plays in their playbooks are 'show of force' and 'intimidation'.  Combine this with the increase militarization of police forces (if they got the toys, you know they'll find an excuse to use them) and it's bad news.  15 years ago I would have said that 90% of cops are good guys, now based on personal experience, stories of corruption, and talks with those in the business, I'd have to guess it's more like 50/50 today.
In short cops need to get back to being more "Andy Griffith" and less "Rambo."

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"