Author Topic: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds  (Read 20556 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
Re: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:58:49 AM by Skuzzy »
Peanut1 in game.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:58:56 AM by Skuzzy »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:59:07 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »
Although not along the same lines as this post, I received a "see rule #4" for a post I made in this thread.  I would think the quoted post would deserve the same.  I am curious to see how cosistent things are here.

Muttman

Skuzzy doesn't read every single post on the board, some things have to be reported until he is made aware of them.

however, reporters should be beaten,

you know who you are.  :old:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2014, 09:58:31 AM »
See Rule #4

Consistency is up to the community.  We do not read every post.  It is up to the community to report offending posts, which we do read.

If you quote and respond to a post which violates the forum posting rules, you are going to get hit with an edit equal to the original post as propagating a posting violation is just as wrong as the original post violation.

The best way to avoid getting slapped with a rule violation is not to violate the forum posting rules.  Ta-da!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:00:27 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:13 AM »
Challenge,

The D-25 engine sound has an odd "skip" in it.  It sounds as if wep is engaged momentarily on its own.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:28:50 PM by -ammo- »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Any way we can hear get a preview of the sounds, or hear them before installing?
See Rule #4

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »
Any way we can hear get a preview of the sounds, or hear them before installing?

I tried several sound packs.  All are good but Twinboom's I think are more historically accurate.  He has provenance as you might say.  Sweet P38 sounds.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »
I tried several sound packs.  All are good but Twinboom's I think are more historically accurate.  He has provenance as you might say.  Sweet P38 sounds.

My sounds are audio recordings from the original aircraft, except where those aircraft no longer exist. I would classify TwinBoom's sounds as audio designs. Since you mentioned the P-38 you should look at the metadata for that sound.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
Challenge,

The D-25 engine sound has an odd "skip" in it.  It sounds as if wep is engaged momentarily on its own.

When I loop the sound in the editor I do not hear a skip. I will try it offline here after dinner. Is there a particular airspeed that really demonstrates the problem?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »
Ammo, I sent you a test version of the P47D25. I  never could hear what you are, but I looked into the way I mixed it and I think I can see what might be happening.

What I have done here is shorten the idle sound so that it reinforces the engine sound. The result is that the engine idle in AH is also reinforced. The sound in the SPCS pack has had a lot of 'mud' removed, but the engine sounds I have sent you are a little different. The ENG sound is just as I described with idle set to -12db. The ENG-2 sound has the engine idle set to -6db. Both have a hard limit of -1.5db, but I would probably set the limit to -3db if I did the same thing in the full version. I think it may even be a good idea to turn idle up to -3db, but before I do that I want to know if what you were hearing has disappeared.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2014, 02:08:55 AM »
Challenge,

The original eng.wav goes to a very brief higher pitched sound every ten seconds in a loop.  When I say brief, I mean a split second.  It is almost like the sound if you engaged WEP and immediately disengaged.

Of the two files you sent me, ENG.wav was no different to me and still makes that little anomaly I previously described.  However, ENG-2.wav does not.  It is perfect.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
Interesting. What sound system are you using? I would like to see if I can identify the problem here, so it doesn't repeat.

I plan on going back over the Jugs and Hogs when I get some free time. I did notice the D25 does not smoothly transition to idle, so that's on the to-do list also.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2014, 04:13:15 AM »
I use the HD sound on my motherboard which is an Asrock 555.  Forget the exact model and I am away from the house ATM.

Again,  I like your sound pack. <S>

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »
My sounds are audio recordings from the original aircraft, except where those aircraft no longer exist. I would classify TwinBoom's sounds as audio designs. Since you mentioned the P-38 you should look at the metadata for that sound.

My bad.  I did not mean to slight your package but it sure came out that way.  :o