Author Topic: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds  (Read 20641 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
That's one of the problems with digital recorders. If a signal is too strong from an input source it will limb above absolute zero (digital zero). Any signal higher than zero gets squared off until the signal is again lower than absolute zero. The squared off bit is called clipping. It can sound like distinct pops if the energy is high enough it can be really bad. In the case of this recording I had not yet made the adjustment to limit the signal when there really wasn't anything else to record.

It can be so bad as to damage equipment!

:salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Can be morfiend. but not in this case. It does not have the energy behind it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »
Sounds much better.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
Thank you, unfortunately now every aircraft will have to updated with that, except the jets of course. If you see anything else that needs de-clipping please let me know.

I am still planning on doing a custom damage sound for the radials that will be very different from this one.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
Thank you, unfortunately now every aircraft will have to updated with that, except the jets of course. If you see anything else that needs de-clipping please let me know.

I am still planning on doing a custom damage sound for the radials that will be very different from this one.
Given most planes are inline engines why not have that engine damage as the set global engine damage and then change the exceptions (Like jets and radials)
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
Right now that is really the way it is, except the radials do not have an engine damage sound assigned. So, the inline damage sound comes through. There is a jet engine damage sound, but the game does not use it for some reason.

I checked out a few of the engine sounds with Audacity (I think that's what you're using) and it false positives on a lot of the engine sounds when testing for clipping. Audition can clean those spots up to make them invisible to your test, but I thought I would explain what is happening there. A lot of the engine sounds have embedded tracks so that I get the sound I want when the aircraft is moving fast, or diving. So sounds like the radiator cooler are stretched out and mixed with the original engine track, and as the speed builds they reform to their original shape as they get bunched up by the Doppler effect. The stretching causes the amplitude to flatten near the peaks (compression/rarefaction) which the audio application will detect as clipped. This is from the imprecision of digital waveforms instead of an actual artifact.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2014, 06:40:06 PM »
If you don't mind me asking challenge, what version Auditions you running and windows?  Before my leave from AH for 2 yrs, I was using Auditions 3.01 with WinXP.  Now since I upgraded to Win7 since then, now my Auditions is not compatible with this version.  I am currently looking at Auditions CS6 to purchase.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
CS6 on Windows 7 64-bit. Adobe Creative Cloud has a more recent version for 64-bit.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2014, 06:26:59 AM »
If you don't mind me asking challenge, what version Auditions you running and windows?  Before my leave from AH for 2 yrs, I was using Auditions 3.01 with WinXP.  Now since I upgraded to Win7 since then, now my Auditions is not compatible with this version.  I am currently looking at Auditions CS6 to purchase.

I use both CS6 and 3.01 on my Windows 7 computer.  Not sure what you mean 3.01 is not compatible.  Works better than CS6 for some things.  Adobe really screwed up some of the CS6, and later, functionality.  The declipper in CS6 is very restrictive on the count it will correct and seems to have a huge memory leak as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »
Dogg cant u runas administrator and dun prog in xp?
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »
I can't even get it installed, its the installer portion of the program apparently not compatible.  Yes I am a administrator and such on the computer.  I even tried compatibility mode under XP, no luck.  BTW, I do have Win7 pro, not home edition.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
I use both CS6 and 3.01 on my Windows 7 computer.  Not sure what you mean 3.01 is not compatible.  Works better than CS6 for some things.  Adobe really screwed up some of the CS6, and later, functionality.  The declipper in CS6 is very restrictive on the count it will correct and seems to have a huge memory leak as well.

I have noticed the snaps do not always agree with the sample points, and over time the program begins to instill noise. So I routinely shut it down and start again. Ever since they put in the video previewer it's done this.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:47 AM »
I have noticed the snaps do not always agree with the sample points, and over time the program begins to instill noise. So I routinely shut it down and start again. Ever since they put in the video previewer it's done this.

Actually, after the release of 3.01, Adobe handed Audition off to the Apple programmers.  Remember when 5.0 came out and they gutted a lot of the functionality citing they did it because they could not get it to work on Apple computers?  That was a nasty release.  Glad I did not pay for that one.

After 3.01 they migrated to third party plugins and removed the original Cool Edit Pro code which handled those functions.

I can't even get it installed, its the installer portion of the program apparently not compatible.  Yes I am a administrator and such on the computer.  I even tried compatibility mode under XP, no luck.  BTW, I do have Win7 pro, not home edition.

Odd.  The installer worked fine for me.  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on my systems.  I have installed at work and at home.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
Both downloads have been updated to remove clipping points in the engdmg sounds. The Check6 sounds were slightly re-ordered, and the German aircraft and vehicles now have flack tower type air raid sirens. Corrected the Ta152 engine.