Author Topic: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds  (Read 20577 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2014, 04:07:48 AM »
You're right about that I'm sure the guys don't own much of the sounds they have, but to be honest I wouldn't care much they had stole em. Not that we know one way or the other. i couldn't find the engine loop sorry about that I'm an idiot. You caught a guy goin hahaha on your spit 5 start I might be crazy but that what it sounded like to me. The K4 in game is hard to hear but when listening to it alone you can hear what sounds like a mic rubbing on cloth like you used a cell phone and it moved in your pocket. The PZ. 4F on shutdown sounds like trash bag being playing with, not sure if this is normal or something else. While I didn't go through every a/c I can't talk about much more outside of this.

With posting a link that's what I'm talking, I'm willing to place my own machine on the line and test the pack, but I wont post a link to yours and to be fair I don't have anyone else's on my page either I have a mixed pack on drop box but it isn't mine and that is stated in the post.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2014, 04:31:22 AM »
What you are describing is the pilot adjusting something in the cockpit of the Spit 5, or a noise associated with the starter. There was no crowd there for anyone to be laughing/ The K4 is prop noise, and since you said you hear a rubbing of cloth it makes me think your sound system is not up to par (and you have a very active imagination). Panzer 4F is from idle to engine shutdown. Engine idle is recorded from inside the tank. Shutdown is recorded at the exhaust.

It's okay Vudu, not everyone is going to have good speakers or headphones, but what you are describing is not in there. The K4, Spit 5, and Panzer 4F were recorded on a Marantz field recorder. Not a cell phone. The mic is a Sennheiser MKH-416. These are industry standard devices and a long shot from cell phones. I suggest you get a great pair of headphones and try again.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2014, 04:45:05 AM »
Here is the sound of a Spit 9 starting up as recorded on a cell phone. You can tell that it cannot deal with even the slightest wind noise, and then as soon as the engine starts the pickup is instantly overwhelmed and you cannot hear the engine. That makes cell phones useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1HD5uK_9s
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2014, 05:47:03 AM »
Fair and understandable thank you, I redact my comments on the sounds in question. But If you'll allow me to worry about my imagination that'd be great. On another note what is a good pair of headphones that would be up to par for this sound pack, or in general?
"No odds too great"

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2014, 06:17:00 AM »
Fair and understandable thank you, I redact my comments on the sounds in question. But If you'll allow me to worry about my imagination that'd be great. On another note what is a good pair of headphones that would be up to par for this sound pack, or in general?
sennheiser 595 is what I use. If you use onboard sound that may be a issue due to poor DAC and AMP quality.

EDIT: I do agree this soundpack has some issues. A lot of the loud sounds have a fair amount of clipping.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:23:27 AM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2014, 06:28:15 AM »
I was looking through your videos and I believe you are using the Logitech G930? It has some really nice features. The best part about it is the noise canceling mic. I think it goes for $110? Ouch.

I would not venture to make a suggestion without trying the Logitech so I could determine why you hear what you are. I have two headphones that I use behind the Sound Blaster XFi Fatality Titanium Champion which has phenomenal 3D positioning. The headphones I use are the AKG 702 and the Heil Proset Media Pro. It's hard to recommend them because they are not cheap. I use a separate interface for the mic. I use a professional interview mic with phantom power inputs (Rode NT-3). After I pay the tax bill this year I am thinking about moving to the Sound Blaster Z series ZXR.

If I knew for sure your headphones are junk (I'm only mostly sure) then I would suggest the Sony MDR7506, which is what I use for monitoring recordings in the field. Probably the MDR7502 is all you need, but you also need a real audio card to make that work right.

That's what I use. Not for everyone right?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »
sennheiser 595 is what I use. If you use onboard sound that may be a issue due to poor DAC and AMP quality.

EDIT: I do agree this soundpack has some issues. A lot of the loud sounds have a fair amount of clipping.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes, by the time I had reset the levels that engine seized up. hehe

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2014, 06:35:28 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:06:35 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2014, 06:52:43 AM »
On another note what is a good pair of headphones that would be up to par for this sound pack, or in general?

I know you didn't ask me, but I would recommend the Razer brand.  I bought the Banshee set several months ago and have been impressed.  It's strictly a gaming rig with mic.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2014, 06:55:50 AM »
Hey, ammo, do you hear what Vudu is talking about when you are playing?

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2014, 07:20:42 AM »
Hey I asked you answered, I'm using Logitech G35s wired actually, I need larger over ear headsets myself. I know not the most highend but they are working for what I was doing. I might just be a griping about an issue that is my fault to be honest, I bet seeing and talking with you so far its mostly on my end.

In the diag under sound 1 I have the logitech info and under sound 2 realtek digital output.
"No odds too great"

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2014, 07:25:12 AM »
Olds looking at your post I would think the engine damage sound would be the one I would expect and should hear clipping as the engine is cutting in and out. I was referring to just normal running sounds but I couldn't find it, and again it might be on my end.
"No odds too great"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »
Hey, ammo, do you hear what Vudu is talking about when you are playing?

I have only flown 2 different AC (P-47s) since installing the pack so I can't comment in Vudu's observation(s).
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
Olds looking at your post I would think the engine damage sound would be the one I would expect and should hear clipping as the engine is cutting in and out. I was referring to just normal running sounds but I couldn't find it, and again it might be on my end.
Clipping from a audiophile point of view is always bad. It won't sound like a engine cutting in and out but more like a bunch of high pitched pops
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »
That's one of the problems with digital recorders. If a signal is too strong from an input source it will limb above absolute zero (digital zero). Any signal higher than zero gets squared off until the signal is again lower than absolute zero. The squared off bit is called clipping. It can sound like distinct pops if the energy is high enough it can be really bad. In the case of this recording I had not yet made the adjustment to limit the signal when there really wasn't anything else to record.