Author Topic: Dogfight Review - Glzzsqd  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Dogfight Review - Glzzsqd
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »
Video of my reviewing one of Glzzsqd's fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mfch_MLgJE&feature=youtu.be

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Dogfight Review - Glzzsqd
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:14 AM »
 :aok

I have a lot of time for gizz squad he is such a decent chap and does his best. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 06:09:45 AM »
Glzzsqd and I have been lucky enough to have some fabulous 1v1 fights in the MA recently.  Tough adversary and a great fight  <S>

Thanks for taking the time to do these Latrobe.  I enjoy watching them.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:28:21 AM »
:aok

I have a lot of time for gizz squad he is such a decent chap and does his best. 

Everytime I shoot him down he PMs me telling me I am lucky then furnishes me with an excuse why he lost :rolleyes:

The last time he told me that it was actually 'lil glzz' flying the plane, not the real one, I suppose implying that I was lucky that time because it was not the real glzz flying  :rofl

Nice vids and concept Latrobe  :rock

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:35:25 AM »
Great film analysis Latrobe.

I thought any Jug could out dive any opponent plane, and the 152 was highly susceptible to wing snap at high vertical maneuvers. Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »

I thought any Jug could out dive any opponent plane, and the 152 was highly susceptible to wing snap at high vertical maneuvers. Could you elaborate on this a bit more?

Eventually, the jug will pull away from just about everything in a dive.  But if the jug is slow when starting the dive, it's poor acceleration makes it vulnerable to 109's, 190s, spits, Laggs, yaks, B-17s (J/K)...
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 09:03:20 AM »

Jugs CAN out dive MOST opponents, but the 152 is one of the few exceptions. It depends on the model Jug of course. An M or N would most likely be able to dive with a 152, while the D11 is just barley able to keep up. What makes the Jug so amazingly good at diving and high speeds is all that weight it carries with it. It really helps the Jug just drop like a rock and builds up E quickly. Then it has very big wings and control surfaces to maneuvers quite comfortably at high speeds. The Ta-152 is just like the Jug, only BIGGER in all catagories! It is heavier than the Jug meaning it will build up speed more quickly (again, depending on the model of Jug). Plus it has it's excellent WEP to pull it through a dive even quicker. It also has VERY big wings and good control surfaces to maneuver at high speeds. The 152 is also a bit more streamline than the Jug which reduces drag and helps gaining and holding E easier. Take a look at Glzzsqd's airspeed indicator at the start of the video, or even better, grab a 152 and try this out yourself. His airspeed was at around 260mph, but as soon as he nosed down he very quickly got over 300mph and close to 350mph in almost no time at all and that wasn't even a very steep dive. Imagine how much speed he would have built up in a steeper dive and if he kicked in WEP as well! That's one of the biggest advantages of the 152 is the fact that you can build up E without even trying really.

There's been a number of times when I'm in my 152 where someone came in higher than me which negates my speed advantage and I'm forced to TnB fight them. Once I got them to my altitude then I simply used WEP, a few very small diving maneuvers, and then I just rocketed straight up and they simply couldn't catch me. Then I just killed them with the alt advantage.

I'm not sure what you mean about wing snapping at high vertical maneuvers. Do you mean snapping the wings off when pulling a maneuver at high speeds? All planes have that problem. They just all do it at different G loads and speeds. The 152 I find to be one of the better planes to deal with this. It can quite easily reach close to 600mph without any sign of compression or wing stress. of course ANY plane at that speed will lose its wings if you pull any hard maneuver. The 152 is tough though so as long as you're just gentle on the controls then you should never be snapping any wings off in a 152.

I apologize if I made any mistakes in this explanation. I just got out of bed.  :D

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
Very good descriptions, actually...  I enjoyed that!

I'd like to get a fight reviewed if I can find a good one and film it...
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:27:53 AM »
You can send in a film of any fight you want. Doesn't matter how bad it looks. In fact, I'd actually prefer films of people who lost their fight as you can learn a lot more from those fights than ones you win.

All of us sucked when we first started. All those expert pilots you meet, I bet every single one of them died quickly in their fights when they first started... yes pilots like Bruv, Grizz, batfink, Joach1m, and Nath. No one can step into aerial combat and instantly be an expert at it. Some people in this game might have an edge on others if they fly for a living but even then, I bet when they first started flying IRL they were new and sucked at it. Stick to it! Learn from your mistakes, and anyone can get really good at anything, including aerial combat.  :aok

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Eventually, the jug will pull away from just about everything in a dive.  But if the jug is slow when starting the dive, it's poor acceleration makes it vulnerable to 109's, 190s, spits, Laggs, yaks, B-17s (J/K)...

the 152 has poor acceleration as well… Jug is a much better diver in all regards.

great video trobe, enjoy watching these, I might even submit one to you  :cheers:

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
You can send in a film of any fight you want. Doesn't matter how bad it looks. In fact, I'd actually prefer films of people who lost their fight as you can learn a lot more from those fights than ones you win.

I think I can scrounge up a couple of stinkers for ya...   :D
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:18:24 PM »
Thanks again for doing this, These reviews and breakdowns really have helped me a lot since I've started playing. Ammo is a great stick in those P47s and has blown me away in single turn more than once, they are always fun fights when they last. I do believe the 152 is what bailed me out of that fight and not my own ability.

I do share my account with my little brother, and he does tend to send quite a few PMs. We can both get a little frustrated and use the .P command as an "outlet", but I do apologize to those who have been on the receiving end of our  :cry .

Can't wait to see more <S>
See Rule #4

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
It was a very traumatic experience for me I canceled my account after it and have not opened the blinds or left the house since it happened  :old:

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

I was eager to see how this turned out and it looks great.  Showing the lift-vector views during the rolling scissors was really well done.

Nice work once again, Latrobe!

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »
Outstanding!   :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!