Author Topic: The most impressive "simpit" I've ever seen...  (Read 3179 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: The most impressive "simpit" I've ever seen...
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »
Looks kinda neat, but the motion is very simplistic.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »
A pity.  I'd personally like to hear from others in the community on the topic of simpits i.e. who has one?  who is planning to build buy one?  etc etc etc. 

The ego-driven chest thumping (even when performed in jest, as is the case here) are themes which get more than enough forum coverage.

I no longer have mine. I built it myself and flew from it for many years. Once I started drawing again it was inconvenient to draw on the computer in there and getting a second computer wasn't allowed by the wife ack. So I sold the shell for $100 and built the desk.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »
Dang Fugi the old blue was nice, the desk set up you have now is what I have used and any future versions will be similar, although the corner desk is unique were did you purchase that if you don't mind, I could use one.  :aok
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 09:39:23 PM »
I no longer have mine. I built it myself and flew from it for many years. Once I started drawing again it was inconvenient to draw on the computer in there and getting a second computer wasn't allowed by the wife ack. So I sold the shell for $100 and built the desk.

Was an awefully neat setup. I'm off to the garage to build me one!

Or maybe off the the garage to try nailing wood together and realizing that I'm as handy as a plastic fork in use of a home defense weapon.  :cry
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »
Very cool Fugitive! What aircraft did you model the simpit from, or is it just generic?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »
Dang Fugi the old blue was nice, the desk set up you have now is what I have used and any future versions will be similar, although the corner desk is unique were did you purchase that if you don't mind, I could use one.  :aok

I built the desk myself.

Was an awefully neat setup. I'm off to the garage to build me one!

Or maybe off the the garage to try nailing wood together and realizing that I'm as handy as a plastic fork in use of a home defense weapon.  :cry

Awwww it's not that hard! I built mine to come apart into 6 pieces. The room it was going to go into had a small door so I had to be able to get it in there. Plans changed as to the location....wife didn't want me tucked away in the basement all the time... so It went into the sunroom upstairs. I built it out of cardboard ... refrigerator box..first to get some measurements and off I went!

Very cool Fugitive! What aircraft did you model the simpit from, or is it just generic?

I was flying the hog a lot back then and I thought the shape would fit both the 20 inch CRT under the "windscreen" and my big old self in the seat  :neener: so I kinda went by the hog. Thats why the green interior and the blue outside.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »
Nice! And I see you're a fellow Trekkie as well  :aok

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
Zack would destroy Ink IRL.  No doubt about it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 01:48:39 PM »
Zack would destroy Ink IRL.  No doubt about it.

wow my name must taste good in you limmys mouths huh.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »
They certainly seem to have a hard on for you... Whatever you do, don't pick up the soap!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »
They certainly seem to have a hard on for you... Whatever you do, don't pick up the soap!

:rofl

no doubt :O