Author Topic: Looking rough.  (Read 1238 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
Looking rough.
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
Cashew. And peanut. Two different players in the game but we share a bbs account. This is peanut. I may be canceling my account very soon. We will see. Depends how game goes. New update wont be good on my game play. Game just is not the fun its been in the past. Cant afford new machine. Or new stick. Even the 15 bucks is getting spendy for me, lots of family issues going to. If it happens i leave. Farewell. Been a good 10 years! Like I said things may go for the better!  :salute Cya in the sky's for long as im around!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Looking rough.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »
Hate to see you leave Peanut, but you have to do what you have to do. Praying everything works out for you, I also am aware of the financial difficulties the economy is imposing. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:29 PM »
Hate to see you leave Peanut, but you have to do what you have to do. Praying everything works out for you, I also am aware of the financial difficulties the economy is imposing. :salute
<S> Man. I have no problem with 15 bucks but this damn updates gonna wreck my computers compatibility with the game. Thought this was the one game to stay a lower processor worthy game. Guess no!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
I have to agree with you Bro - I'm scared and excited at the same time about the update...

Even so - it was fun while it lasted
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »
I have to agree with you Bro - I'm scared and excited at the same time about the update...

Even so - it was fun while it lasted

I was VERY excited until i realized how hitech is messing with EVERYTHING. Watching the water video failed my computer. lol
Peanut1 in game.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »
Not to be a dick here, but at this point for the game it seems like its either update it or let it continue to die slowly.

While it sucks to lose certain players because of their old machines, it is the nature of gaming that you need to keep your rig on par with the new titles coming out.

Hope you figure it out and are able to stick around. I don't think the new terrain engine is going to be as taxing on peoples computers as is feared though.

:salute

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 12:23:12 AM »
Not to be a dick here, but at this point for the game it seems like its either update it or let it continue to die slowly.

While it sucks to lose certain players because of their old machines, it is the nature of gaming that you need to keep your rig on par with the new titles coming out.

Hope you figure it out and are able to stick around. I don't think the new terrain engine is going to be as taxing on peoples computers as is feared though.

:salute

I'm with ya. updates are needed. But in SMALL steps. Hi-tech cant upload a skin with out a issue. 30 % of the people in this game have lower end computers. And this has been the one and only flight sim MANY folks have kept up  with tech wise from the start! I have been a mass player devoted towards my squad and helping get new players and its just a bum to me that its got to this point. And i know there is others out there facing the same issue. But oh well. I wish the best for Hitech and the path its on!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:30:01 AM »
I agree with Blu. Unfortunately, technology is ever-changing and it makes systems outdated very quickly. Games must adapt to keep the playerbase happy and HTC has done a fantastic thus far in keeping a proper balance between playability and looks in regards to older technology.

Fortunately, since technology is changing so rapidly, systems that can run this game have also become quite affordable.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:39:15 AM »
When are you going to build my computer, Rob??  :bhead
Tours 86 - 296

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 12:39:53 AM »
I think a graphics update is really necessary to keep the game alive.
Having said that, I have not seen any hardware specs for the future release, but I know I can run other much more graphic intensive games than AH2 at the same frame-rate, using more effective technology than AH2 current engine does.

Blueberry is correct that if HTC does not keep up with their technology, they will soon be where Warbirds is right now, still having a small fan-club , but the big numbers are gone.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 12:40:58 AM »
Some people with lower end machines might actually see an improvement with the new graphics engine, not a decline.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 12:42:18 AM »
Not sure if affordable is the answer. But the game is open to a wider spectrum. In which is slowly moving towards a higher class. Like i say. Oh well. Fun cant last forever. Truthfully the game is not "fun" to me. Its the people i call family i have known over 10 years i will miss!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 12:42:49 AM »
Are you thinking graphics will suddenly not be scalable? HT has always made allowance for lower end machines (even with his prior graphics update). I see no reason why he would change that. In any case, good luck with both maintaining this hobby and all the difficulty life throws your way. We'll be here for ya even if you have to take a break to regroup.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 12:43:33 AM »
Some people with lower end machines might actually see an improvement with the new graphics engine, not a decline.

ack-ack
We will see!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »
Are you thinking graphics will suddenly not be scalable? HT has always made allowance for lower end machines (even with his prior graphics update). I see no reason why he would change that. In any case, good luck with both maintaining this hobby and all the difficulty life throws your way. We'll be here for ya even if you have to take a break to regroup.

Wheres my picture!?!? hahah <S> Im stayin long as i can beitchs!! We will see how it ends up
Peanut1 in game.