Author Topic: Looking rough.  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Looking rough.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 12:46:08 AM »
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet on the new terrain engine. No guarentees that it will play fine on older computers, but no guarentee that it won't either. At worst some players might have to upgrade.  

I am in the crowd of lower end computers, but I am not fretting yet. I know when HTC is done with the update they will post new minimum required specs if needed.  And like Spikes said, computers are becoming more affordable to play games like Aces High. HTC has taken care of this community for over a decade making sure to keep everything playable on some of the oldest systems. I highly doubt they will alienate that part of the community at one of their biggest moments in their companies existence.

<S> and I hope to see you return when able.

:airplane:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 03:26:33 AM »
<S> Man. I have no problem with 15 bucks but this damn updates gonna wreck my computers compatibility with the game. Thought this was the one game to stay a lower processor worthy game. Guess no!
There is a decent chance it will actually run smoother because HTC is abandoning support for systems that lack shader 3.0? on their video card.  They said that, what, less than 20 players logged on last year with a system that lacked it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 04:45:57 AM »
My PC will be 4 years old this May... And with the shader support it runs better than ever.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:10 AM »
I wish my computer was 4 years old.

It just turned 11...

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 06:45:05 AM »
Are you planning a Bar Mitshvah? I'd be happy to cater the event  :devil

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 07:02:36 AM »
Depends how game goes. New update wont be good on my game play. Game just is not the fun its been in the past. Cant afford new machine. Or new stick. Even the 15 bucks is getting spendy for me, lots of family issues going to. If it happens i leave. Farewell. Been a good 10 years! Like I said things may go for the better!  :salute Cya in the sky's for long as im around!
You don't want an update,you cant afford 15$ a month ,cant afford a stick and you think the game play is no longer fun.
Just sounds like you should move on at this point,and go make some money.  :rock

:salute
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 07:32:59 AM »
Hope it works out for the best <S>. If my current processor meets the minimum requirement for the game now 1.80GHz, will the updates make it obsolete?   
See Rule #4

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »
From Hitech last November:

FYI I develope on a 5 year old + environment.  Intel CPU E8400 3.0 GHz and a 9800 GTX video card.

What speed is your current CPU?

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
I need a new machine already. It may have been built in October 2013 but buy geeky standards it's outdated. New graphics cards and processors were released that make mine look like dirt.

But I get 60 frames in Aces High, so I have a feeling this PC will stick around a lot longer.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
I hope it works out for you in the end, Peanut. I guess time will only tell with inevitable update.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
From Hitech last November:

FYI I develope on a 5 year old + environment.  Intel CPU E8400 3.0 GHz and a 9800 GTX video card.

What speed is your current CPU?

My current setup is the same 8400 but a GTX260 and it runs AH just fine.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »
I wish my computer was 4 years old.

It just turned 11...

Mine turns 15 in May   :neener:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline Larokkit

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 12:27:50 PM »
 I would definitely give HT a chance. He seems to have an ability to code things in a way that are pretty efficient for what we are doing. Maybe you can get by with a graphics card replacement.  I recently upgraded mine and have a pretty good one i would send you.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »
I would definitely give HT a chance. He seems to have an ability to code things in a way that are pretty efficient for what we are doing. Maybe you can get by with a graphics card replacement.  I recently upgraded mine and have a pretty good one i would send you.
... Im not tech savy and my vid card is part of the motherboard.... Is there a way to open it up and switch it?
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
Depends on what system you have.

Go to Start - Run  then type in Dxdiag and paste what it says here. 

I would definitely give HT a chance. He seems to have an ability to code things in a way that are pretty efficient for what we are doing. Maybe you can get by with a graphics card replacement.  I recently upgraded mine and have a pretty good one i would send you.
... Im not tech savy and my vid card is part of the motherboard.... Is there a way to open it up and switch it?

HiTech