Author Topic: Me 262 and Eurofighter Formation Flying  (Read 1060 times)

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
Re: Me 262 and Eurofighter Formation Flying
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
God the typhoon is one ugly duck, especially next to that beautiful plane  :rock
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2014, 04:04:12 AM »
It isn't silly at all. You do buy a lot of foreign arms. From the German gun on the Abrams to the Italian pistol your army uses as a sidearm, most of the US Army's weapons are of European origin (license-produced in the US of course).

As I already said we do buy from, and develop with, allied nations over foreign arms. But its not "a lot". And the Abrams isnt one of them, tho I think its reactive armor may be made under License from the Brits, possibly its main gun from someone. America accounts for 44% of the worlds arms trade, Russia 17%, France 8%, the UK 5%,Germany 4%, Italy 3%, other Europe 10%, other-other 4%. Of all them, offhand, the only ones we co-develop with is the brits, the Aussies for some ship work on one system, I think the Swedes for one gun system, Norway for one missile system, and thats about it. Its a very small %, tho an important one and I for one hope our co development and even purchase from good friends continue as long as it add capability and saves money.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2014, 06:03:27 AM »
God the typhoon is one ugly duck, especially next to that beautiful plane  :rock
:aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez