Author Topic: For you Speed Nuts: American Muscle on the Autobahn  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: For you Speed Nuts: American Muscle on the Autobahn
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »
Hmm so did you go from erection while accelerating to soiling yourself on braking or what is that brown stuff on the front of the rain jacket?  :ahand
The soiling came when I became a passenger and Larry drove his car.  :cry

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 12:13:19 PM »
I don't think that Jag you mentioned in-game the other day was Larry's F-Type R-550 hp V8, turbocharged. :)
What does your mustang do in 0-60?
I don't have any desire for a fast or quick car at this point in my life but I'm sure I will have one day. I haven't driven a 'Stang with as much HP as yours but let me tell you, driving this Jag...well...is an erection normal when you mash the throttle down and feel those g-forces? :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Rip, that is a beautiful car.  And I make no bones about what my car is and what it isn't.  I bought my car (GT Premium Coupe) new with incentives and tax free for just under $31,500.  I have since put some change into so lets just say I have $40K total.  For that money, I have a car that handles well, and is putting 547 HP to the wheels; that is 596 HP at the crank if the Dyno computed drive train loss correctly. 

The Jag is refined, up scale, elegant, and powerful (maybe even delicate).  My Mustang is brutish, loud, and requires some practice to manage.  It will get awy from you in a hurry.  I don't even drive it in the winter - I have had the tires break lose at 90+ MPH.

I have no idea what it's zero to sixty time is and I don't care - it puts a smile on my face all the time :)  For comparison, I absolutely destroyed an Audi TT/RS last summer from a dead stop.  Audi claims 4.2 seconds for their car. 

My car weighed in about a month ago at 3480 lbs with a half tank of fuel.  From what I read, that supercharged (not turbocharged - doesn't exist) V8 F-type weighs in at 3671. 

So yea, I would happily oblige the F-Type driver to a race :aok

Mostly, I just drive the car "spiritedly" but it is not normal for me to hit 170-180 MPH.  Every so often, some driver in an M3, AMG, Audi S5 or RS5, Jag, Aston Martin, Porsche, etc.. will pick a fight.  They want to show up the "underachieving Mustang" and that is when I smile.

From an "out of the box" performance perspective, Gotta give cred to the upper end 911 cars - NOW they are frickin fast.  Same goes to Corvette Z06
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »

hehe

Nice sounding ride!

Oh my  :lol
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »
I really like that red jaguar.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:55 AM »
Here's an old mile run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9vMQRIp1E

In 2012, the record was bumped to 257.7 mph. Last October, 278+ mph, with a misfire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZX6Y8O3tI0
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 01:05:47 AM »
Edged out with 283.232 mph run....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04MqvpEZ8_E
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:57 AM »
Neat vid. I too was pee-oh'd with the white Merc until I saw the white delivery van in the left lane in front of him, wtf?

Pforzheim eh? I was in love with a girl from Pforzheim once. Her birthday was on Valentine's Day, of all things.

Christ I'm old.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
Even if I had unlimited discreationary income I wouldn't own that Jag that Larry bought. Nice toy, but no thanks.
I'd go with BMW or P-Car. I really love the way BMW's fit and finish interior is, and their cars take corners like they're on rails.
Now, the wife's 2009 BMW 328 xDrive, while sporty and fun, does NOT have ENOUGH fun factor for a testosteroned beast as I. But the older I get the less it takes to get me going. :)  I'm driving a 4Runner these days. Kid hauler, Ski Slayer, toy-puller.

That said, I'll never give Ford another dime of my money (except their Truck line). Been burned by them twice now. (Transmissions, less than 125k on both vehicles, a '05 Mustang and a '99 Explorer, both purchased new, and babied)

I've been looking at Craigslist lately for Corvettes but I'm not a serious buyer yet. I think it's age related, you get into your mid-50's and the Corvette testosterone kicks in. In severe cases, Cobra testosterone kicks in (like in Skuzzy's case) :p
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:10:33 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
Even if I had unlimited discreationary income I wouldn't own that Jag that Larry bought. Nice toy, but no thanks.
I'd go with BMW or P-Car. I really love the way BMW's fit and finish interior is, and their cars take corners like they're on rails.
Now, the wife's 2009 BMW 328 xDrive, while sporty and fun, does NOT have ENOUGH fun factor for a testosteroned beast as I. But the older I get the less it takes to get me going. :)  I'm driving a 4Runner these days. Kid hauler, Ski Slayer, toy-puller.

That said, I'll never give Ford another dime of my money (except their Truck line). Been burned by them twice now. (Transmissions, less than 125k on both vehicles, a '05 Mustang and a '99 Explorer, both purchased new, and babied)

I've been looking at Craigslist lately for Corvettes but I'm not a serious buyer yet. I think it's age related, you get into your mid-50's and the Corvette testosterone kicks in. In severe cases, Cobra testosterone kicks in (like in Skuzzy's case) :p

Nah.  I have wanted a Cobra since I was 14 years old.  Finally got to a point where a two seater, with no top actually has a place in the family.  No more moving, no more kids to haul around and a proper place to work on my toys.

The Wife loves the look of the Cobra, but wants something more docile.  So she is opting for the 62 Corvette. :)

Nice ride ammo!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
Mine       SRT       Lousy Picture.   From factory 470/470  normally aspirated.  Trophy winner.  Keeps up with traffic  ;)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:27:45 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Nice Hajo. If I didn't have such a deep seated hatred for Mopar from High School track days in the 70's, I'd probably buy one. :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
Nah. I have wanted a Cobra since I was 14 years old.  Finally got to a point where a two seater, with no top actually has a place in the family.  No more moving, no more kids to haul around and a proper place to work on my toys.

The Wife loves the look of the Cobra, but wants something more docile.  So she is opting for the 62 Corvette. :)

Nice ride ammo!

At age 14?! Why, I was dreaming of Jeannie (Barbara Eden) at age 14. I bet the B&W version of that show just started when you were 14. :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 03:17:39 PM »
At age 14?! Why, I was dreaming of Jeannie (Barbara Eden) at age 14. I bet the B&W version of that show just started when you were 14. :)

Barbara was nice but Mary Ann from Gilligans Island drove a 67 Shelby 500 GT.   Mary Ann>Barbara
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »
Yes, I remember the first black and white season of "I Dream of Jeannie".  What a babe.

I was raised around race cars.  My Dad had a 54 Ford flathead, chopped and channeled, which he raced.  My Uncle had a rail he raced and a Mustang as well.  Best friend of my Dad's had a 65 GTO 421 tri power.  

When Dad was not racing, he was a lap counter in the box.  I hung around the pits and helped get to places in the cars an adult could not reach.

I rebuilt my first Holley carb when I was 10.  I built my first engine, from scratch, when I was 14.  I rebuilt my first automatic transmission at 15.  I rebuilt several standard transmissions and rear ends (pumpkins) by the time I had my first drivers license.

I owned three cars by the time I graduated high school.  All bought and paid for, by me, from money earned racing and building and selling dune buggies.  All hot rods (68 Falcon station wagon, 67 Mustang GT, and a 69 Road Runner).

I was a bit a of a car nut.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com