Author Topic: Chat suspended HA!! dont call anyone an a-hole!  (Read 4973 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Chat suspended HA!! dont call anyone an a-hole!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 11:46:26 AM »
Yep. Sorry just was quite POed Im good now! ha Still think you guys take it to far but ah heck. What do you care! <S>

Not getting this are you? :bhead
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
You are stepping into something you know nothing about.  Making derogatory remarks about HTC, in the game, has nothing to do with battle.  Making abusive remarks towards the community or towards the family members of a player has nothing to do with battle.

You ever been to a restaurant and had someone from the across the room yell obscenities at you and your family?  Maybe you think that is fine, but I would support the management ejecting that person from his place of business for that.

This type of behavior is detrimental to our business and will not be tolerated.

To be fair, that is not a valid comparison.  There is no element of competition in a restaurant.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
Who's miday ?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 12:05:54 PM »
I don't know. Who is Miday?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
To be fair, that is not a valid comparison.  There is no element of competition in a restaurant.

Okay, try running an Olympic race and at the end of that race start being abusive and derogatory towards the other runners and then show compete and utter disrespect towards the sponsors of the race, along with cussing out the country you are representing.

What do you think is going to happen?  I bet they do not give him a cookie.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »

It's a perfectly valid comparison.  

You go into a restaurant to eat, you have paid for the privilege of eating there, you have not paid for the privilege of abusing customers.  If as a customer I was abused by another customer and the management did nothing, I would not go back to the place.

You pay to play this game, you pay for the privilege of playing, you have not paid for the privilege of abusing other customers.  If the game management do not control the abuse, customers who find it unacceptable will not keep their business with HTC.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »
Okay, try running an Olympic race and at the end of that race start being abusive and derogatory towards the other runners and then show compete and utter disrespect towards the sponsors of the race, along with cussing out the country you are representing.

Sochi

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »

The point that Midway made was that there is a certain degree of emotion and frustration expected when people are competing, and there is certainly an acceptable level of insult that is within reasonable limits to project towards another player.

Whether it is a video game, the olympics, a professional sporting event, etc.  In any sport, jawing back and forth between players is very common, and fights break out in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, every season, every game in the NHL it seems.  To ignore this basic human nature is to stick your head in the sand.

Let me use this as an in game example, say a squadron is specifically targetting a player to hunt and shoot down, for example my squad shooting down FlyinFin anytime he is online because we like getting under his skin.  It is completely reasonable that he will go off his rocker on channel 200 crying foul and insulting us.  Isn't that part of the fun?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »
It's mucho fun for me unless someone wants to pay my sub.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »
Let me use this as an in game example, say a squadron is specifically targetting a player to hunt and shoot down, for example my squad shooting down FlyinFin anytime he is online because we like getting under his skin.  It is completely reasonable that he will go off his rocker on channel 200 crying foul and insulting us.  Isn't that part of the fun?

Not particularly.  Vitriol on the channels is pretty sad IMHO.  Pushing the other guy around is part of the game for sure, verbal abuse not so much.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

What do you think is going to happen?   I bet they do not give him a cookie.

Yes but your dealing with people who think & act like this in AHII. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olT8v8yMUEU

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »
The point that Midway made was that there is a certain degree of emotion and frustration expected when people are competing, and there is certainly an acceptable level of insult that is within reasonable limits to project towards another player.

Whether it is a video game, the olympics, a professional sporting event, etc.  In any sport, jawing back and forth between players is very common, and fights break out in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, every season, every game in the NHL it seems.  To ignore this basic human nature is to stick your head in the sand.

Let me use this as an in game example, say a squadron is specifically targetting a player to hunt and shoot down, for example my squad shooting down FlyinFin anytime he is online because we like getting under his skin.  It is completely reasonable that he will go off his rocker on channel 200 crying foul and insulting us.  Isn't that part of the fun?

There was no point made.  It was an attempt to rationalize derogatory and abusive behavior.

The player makes the choice to behave in the manner they chose to.  You can sit at home and rant and rave all you want.  The minute you put it on the public radio channels you then acknowledge you are ready to be scrutinized for that behavior.

Tell you what grizz.  Catch me online some time and call my Wife a derogatory name or make the statement, "hitech creatings the biggest POS company in usa" and see how long you last in the game.  If that is behavior you want to support, then we are not going to see eye to eye, to say the least.  

There is no rationalizing abusive or derogatory behavior.  It is a poison which will eat away at the community.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
Well said Skuzzy!  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
There was no point made.  It was an attempt to rationalize derogatory and abusive behavior.

The player makes the choice to behave in the manner they chose to.  You can sit at home and rant and rave all you want.  The minute you put it on the public radio channels you then acknowledge you are ready to be scrutinized for that behavior.

Tell you what grizz.  Catch me online some time and call my Wife a derogatory name or make the statement, "hitech creatings the biggest POS company in usa" and see how long you last in the game.  If that is behavior you want to support, then we are not going to see eye to eye, to say the least.  

There is no rationalizing abusive or derogatory behavior.  It is a poison which will eat away at the community.

When extreme cases are used to prove a point, it suggests a weak argument.  The point you are missing is that there is a certain level of banter and insult that is acceptable, and to be expected in fierce competition.   Telling somebody they suck at flying is insulting and arguably derogatory in nature, but not over the line, is it?  There IS a line, a grey line albeit, but a line.  That is the argument Midway made, before you started using examples of cases blatantly crossing the line.  If you reread his post that you jumped on, you will realize that he is 100% correct.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
When extreme cases are used to prove a point, it suggests a weak argument.  The point you are missing is that there is a certain level of banter and insult that is acceptable, and to be expected in fierce competition.   Telling somebody they suck at flying is insulting and arguably derogatory in nature, but not over the line, is it?  There IS a line, a grey line albeit, but a line.  That is the argument Midway made, before you started using examples of cases blatantly crossing the line.  If you reread his post that you jumped on, you will realize that he is 100% correct.

No, he is not correct. This thread is about being way over the line.  That is what the player got busted for.  You guys want to support that, it is your choice.

I have not said what is acceptable.  I have said what is unacceptable and you guys want to make it about something else.

If your taunting causes a player to quit his subscription, who wins?  If the community reports a player.  We will validate it, if the player being reported wants us to.  The only question left to answer is, "How does this impact the quality of the arena environment?".  That environment is important and we (HTC) would like it to be a fun and competitive one.  You can have both.

The player you are harassing, for fun.  I will not go ask him anything.  If he complains, then it will be dealt with.  When a player feels he has no other choice but to quit in order to get away from the abuse, we will step in.

Regardless of what you think is acceptable, when anyone starts running off players, they will find themselves in a position they do not want to be in.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:24:05 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese