Author Topic: Players advertising other games  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Players advertising other games
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 01:25:28 PM »
So far, i counted only 3-4 professional trolls keeping whole 200 out of cool discuss when they r on... They work so often as "tandem" i once asked myself if that wasnt a redneck+his redneck brother talkin in 200 the same way they talk in front of their tv when this "f Obama" is tryin to get guns law safer in their south state.... :devil

Hard to believe these 3-4 negative i.q guys just ruin whole 200...

.squelch.  Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.

Then get snarly on a particularly bad night when you run out of squelch slots. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »
Following that logic, AH should remove 200.
Although Skuzzy called ch. 200, the game channel, it is not HTC'S default cross country game channel... Channel 200 is an across arena open channel that is available if anyone desires to voluntarily self decides to tune to it. Noone is made or forced to tune, listen nor participate with/on ch. 200

Therefore, no logical reason for it to be removed.

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »

I would be interested in how you arrived at that conclusion.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »

This game can only survive with PAYING customers, and only grow with new PAYING customers. HTC puts forth A LOT of time, effort and money in advertising efforts to bring new players in. regardless of how much better this game is than the others out there, advertising or trying to get players to try the other games can only result in negative consequences for this game. and therefore should be frowned upon by all who support this game. I will most certainly .report ANYBODY openly trying to recruit players. 

I owned 2 dating sites, and one of my constant battles was fighting off spammers trying to steal the customers I worked so hard to get and retain. I think not only is it HTC's right to ban or atleast censor this behavior, it's their duty to us, so the game we all enjoy will not only survive but continue to grow !
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:08 AM »

My best guess would be Scotch??

:P :bolt:
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »

Very simple, your statement on March 26th:

Talk of other games while in our game and on the game channel can be disruptive to game play.  Anything with the potential to disrupt game play is not welcome in the radio chatter.
Your use of the words "Anything" and "Potential"
pronoun  

any thing whatever; something, no matter what: Do you have anything for a toothache?  

noun  

a thing of any kind.

adverb  

in any degree; to any extent; in any way; at all: Does it taste anything like chocolate?  
Idioms

anything but, in no degree or respect; not in the least: The plans were anything but definite.  

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:40:26 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:45 AM »
Ahhh Mr "literal" strikes again!!!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
Ahhh Mr "literal" strikes again!!!

It’s not literal , it’s called English comprehension.   Why do you feel the need to jump in here and be obtuse?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 10:17:03 AM »
It’s not literal , it’s called English comprehension.   Why do you feel the need to jump in here and be obtuse?

If anyone is having difficulty comprehending what I said or what I meant, I am happy to elaborate, if needed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:19:02 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »
If anyone is having difficulty comprehending what I said or what I meant, I am happy to elaborate, if needed.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Skuzzy almost rule 4'd himself..... :devil       Not trying to moderate just an obsevation that I thought was too funny to let go un-noticed.... :rofl

It aint easy walking a fine line!

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
Morph,

I suspect there is not a rule# for "choosing to be obtuse", to enable "walking the bleeding edge of the fire". While hiding behind it to use Literalism as ignorance for a legal defense after poking Skuzzy thinking you got one on him. Skuzzy just shaved the defendant bald to remove any and all hairs the defendant was going to split for the next three pages. Skuzzy must be in a generous mood. I've seen him do worse in the past for actions like this.

The ban stick must be in the shop getting a tune up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 05:48:05 AM »
Just one thing : is there a difference for HTC in talkin about and advertising or any comment mentionning another game is verboten ?

Just askin.  :old:

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:05 AM »
Not sure I understand what the context of the question is Luciifer.

On our bulletin board, talking about another game is allowed.  While in the game we ask players to keep the focus on the game at hand.

That said, we do not allow any type of advertising for other games, anywhere.  We are also not keen on people coming to our house (game, forums...) and making disparaging remarks about our game in the hopes of luring others to another game.

It comes down to showing a modicum of respect.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »
Morph,

I suspect there is not a rule# for "choosing to be obtuse", to enable "walking the bleeding edge of the fire". While hiding behind it to use Literalism as ignorance for a legal defense after poking Skuzzy thinking you got one on him. Skuzzy just shaved the defendant bald to remove any and all hairs the defendant was going to split for the next three pages. Skuzzy must be in a generous mood. I've seen him do worse in the past for actions like this.

The ban stick must be in the shop getting a tune up.

Bustr,

I simply thought it was funny!   Skuzzy often edits posts,he edited his own post just above and it struck me as I found it ironic and funny,especially after rule 4 was modified.

You simply couldnt pay me enough to deal with some of the "personalities" on this BBS.

:salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

+1  :D