Author Topic: Players advertising other games  (Read 2330 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Players advertising other games
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 05:47:32 PM »
I always thought 200 was setup as a honey pot trap so the mods didn't have to work very hard. I don't know if the bish and rook range text is like knight land range text. But, knight land range text is pretty boring. Everyone who wants to cut loose does it on ch200.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
I don't know if the bish and rook range text is like knight land range text. But, knight land range text is pretty boring.

There is no "range" text. If you are referring to the purple text which commonly is being called "range" -it actually is "room".
The reason I'm always picking on this is that many players do believe it truly is a range text and works just like range vox - which it doesn't at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »
Allright. :aok

Not sure I understand what the context of the question is Luciifer.

On our bulletin board, talking about another game is allowed.  While in the game we ask players to keep the focus on the game at hand.

That said, we do not allow any type of advertising for other games, anywhere.  We are also not keen on people coming to our house (game, forums...) and making disparaging remarks about our game in the hopes of luring others to another game.

It comes down to showing a modicum of respect.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:56 AM »
Now we can get back to the thread as luci understands skuzzy :aok

Not that anything else really needs to be said.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
It’s not literal , it’s called English comprehension.   Why do you feel the need to jump in here and be obtuse?

:rofl Must be a lawyer. Lawyers are nothing more than glorified English Teachers. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
Not sure I understand what the context of the question is Luciifer.

On our bulletin board, talking about another game is allowed.  While in the game we ask players to keep the focus on the game at hand.

That said, we do not allow any type of advertising for other games, anywhere.  We are also not keen on people coming to our house (game, forums...) and making disparaging remarks about our game in the hopes of luring others to another game.

It comes down to showing a modicum of respect.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Studies show condiment conversations enhance gameplay twofold. If mayonnaise comes up it's tenfold.
Had to really watch my spelling there.  ;)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54