Author Topic: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
Re: A CANCER IS TAKING OVER AH!
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,360761.0.html

The Cancer continues to spread... :noid

I think you missed the bit about using your brain before replying, which you didn't even have the guts to do in the right thread.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »
I think you missed the bit about using your brain before replying, which you didn't even have the guts to do in the right thread.

So you went ahead and started a thread, to which there are quite a few of them about each of the issues you have outlined, instead of posting in those threads.  Why post in your thread when I've already mentioned the problem here?  My statement stands.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2014, 07:19:57 PM »
If Lusche had access to the stats, I bet he could show a graph comparing the active player population of the game arenas to the active player population who take part in the AH forums on a full time basis. I venture the forum population will turn out to be less than 5% of the total active arena population.

If Hitech and Co. are using these forums as passive advertisement, it's not a very cosmopolitan view of the game's demographics being illustrated. But, a rather slanted one sided vision of the game by a small minority who are probably this vocal in the forums of all the other MMO they complain over similar dissatisfactions just as vociferously. Game forums are populated with the aggrieved, who are waiting for the emotional rush from that occasional out of control wildfire of grievances which runs unchecked for pages beyond belief with no MODing by management.

What is your goal with all of this negativity?

To drive away existing customers by painting a picture of the game as a cesspit of lame worthless play? Act out your personal grievances against Hitech under the cover of a forum grievance "hoard"? Something like: He wouldn't dare touch any of you as part of a coalition of like minded customers airing an impromptu "redress petition" of "obvious" failings to his game. Are you collectively trying to tell new customers to go elsewhere to get even with HTC for not creating ways to address what aggravates you about all those worthless "Zerg" populating "your game"?

What would a marriage counselor say by this point, with so many irreconcilable negatives identified by one member of the matrimonial partnership? If you gents are this angry at HTC, revenge is not any way to reconcile a relationship.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »
Buster, I've got no truck with the op. I just find him a bit crabby on this matter. I've seen plenty of people who just seem to like to be that way. You could just as easily do a lot of extrapolation about their internal wiring, based on this, as you've done about their relationship to HT. I'm not going to state the nature f the extrapolations I've made, mainly because I don't want to take a dump in anyone's cornflakes. I'm just saying: I think you're neglecting the hard-wired nature of the beast, if you follow.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2014, 07:09:36 PM »
I'm just saying: I think you're neglecting the hard-wired nature of the beast, if you follow.

The hardwired once in deep, well they are hardwired for their fix. Negativity becomes it's own reason, even for men of normal good will to resist joining in. The hardwired cannot be asked, "why are you being negative?". Thankfully they are not the majority in our forum population. But, the others can be asked to justify their negative behavior.

Are you taking part or creating posts like this to drive away customers because you are unhappy with Hitech and Co.?

The men of goodwill in the face of this question are going to consider the content. And respond no, returning to being men of goodwill.

Hitech and Co. have always kept good faith with us along with allowing an unprecedented amount of freedom in our conduct in the MA. To find fault in Hitech and Co. because of the actions of others with this recent uptick in posts decrying thir use of that freedom. Seems to me is an indictment on the assessment about freedom not being what many have a stomach for.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Are you taking part or creating posts like this to drive away customers because you are unhappy with Hitech and Co.?

I know this is probably a rhetorical question, but, for my own part, I take part because I like feedback on the shared experience. Lusche refuted the OP's assertion neatly with his data - which I acknowledged. My own take: even this unnecessary crabbing adds to the sport. Consider, for example, the other parallel thread going on this same matter. I just learned of an ACM or two from it - and all because one guy was complaining about the use of a panicky-noob style negative g maneuver.

I mean: even if the guy whines about what amounts to an historical improbability, and then screams like some jumped-up Chicken Little about how the sky is falling as a result, I'm perfectly comfortable with hearing that, less so with any impulse to silence the fool. Sometimes, my opinion, it's better to let them speak, thus "removing all doubt", to recall an adage.

Otherwise, agreed, to transfer dissatisfaction with HiTech into some thread complaint is scurrilous. I just doubt that any such level of conscious thought went into the crabbing in question. Keep fighting the good fight - this kind of stuff is persistent.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »
I think those folks are playing MS Flight Simulator.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
I think those folks are playing MS Flight Simulator.

Speaking of things that suck...

So, my brother in law is kind of a fan of that one. Here's how it works:

<graphics screen, words, mission assignment>
<graphics screen, map>
<graphics screen, stock footage that looks old-timey fighter pilot, music>
gray cloudy sky, speeding by your cockpit
there's a 109! Hit the trigger...
3 kills.
Make some general "flight-type" stick motions towards "base" Hooray, a heroes landing!!!
<graphics screen, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE ONE OF THE PROUD FEW!>

Blue Whale doesn't begin to describe how much...