Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15582 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
What a crock...No, Wiley, the thread is about dweebs who only care about score and stats and won't actually learn the game the way it is INTENDED to be played. They are dweebs, no talents, runners, cowards...chikkens. And those who criticize the PILOTS who have a problem with the no talents are no talents also. The game is going the same direction that FA went, and will end up there sooner than later...unless something changes.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

So...here we go...We can't, as the gaming community of AH,  just deal with the pickers/hoers by thinking critically "How am I not going to be picked/hoed by 2cmex or pullerII or Sawzaw?" Instead we are going to think like this "There should be some sort of rule or the game needs to be changed so that no talent hack POS puller doesn't pick/ho me because I will get the game changed, and if I don't get the game changed I will just quit."  That's what I am hearing...So...once again....If you don't like the way someone plays change the way you play to counteract their dweebism...it's called adaptation...it works...you adapt to the situation to overcome an objective or obstacle...someone is not going to call me here and say "hey Mr. Rogers I used 100,000 gallons of water because of a water leak that I was too lazy to fix and now my bill is X amount of dollars, I don't like it and I refuse to pay it."...So we are going to call HTC and say "hey Mr. Addink I don't like the way I keep getting hoed and ran from so I'm going to suggest that 'X happens' and it will completely stop them there players from doing me like that nomore and if you don't make that change I'm not going to resub."   Now...I'm all about customer service so my answer would be "you know what customer X I understand your frustration but if you don't pay that bill your water service will be disconnected."  and I believe that HTC's answer will be like this "this is a MMO, people subscribe to do what they want, if you don't like the way one of my paying customers plays I am very sorry but I cannot change the game because of something as trivial as getting shot head on, I value you as a customer but your just going to have to deal with it."  So am I wrong?
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
Respectfully, the thread can be summed up as "I want people to be nice to each other on 200 and fight the way I want them to."  The closest thing to an "idea" in here is that something must be done to make people be nicer to each other and play the way you want them to.

That's not a plan, or an idea to change things, that's a goal.

If a guy's lighting up 200 with objectionable content, there are already mechanisms in place to do something about it.  What do you propose to do to change the behavior of a guy that HO's on every pass? Edit:  Forcing him into the TA is not an option, btw.

Wiley.

Respectfully, read the WHOLE thread, then think, then type.

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 11:44:36 AM »
Can't be arsed anymore.

Last straw today.  worked a con to a stall fight and had it picked off my 12. screw it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:59:23 AM by Pandora »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »
:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

So...here we go...We can't, as the gaming community of AH,  just deal with the pickers/hoers by thinking critically "How am I not going to be picked/hoed by 2cmex or pullerII or Sawzaw?" Instead we are going to think like this "There should be some sort of rule or the game needs to be changed so that no talent hack POS puller doesn't pick/ho me because I will get the game changed, and if I don't get the game changed I will just quit."  That's what I am hearing...So...once again....If you don't like the way someone plays change the way you play to counteract their dweebism...it's called adaptation...it works...you adapt to the situation to overcome an objective or obstacle...someone is not going to call me here and say "hey Mr. Rogers I used 100,000 gallons of water because of a water leak that I was too lazy to fix and now my bill is X amount of dollars, I don't like it and I refuse to pay it."...So we are going to call HTC and say "hey Mr. Addink I don't like the way I keep getting hoed and ran from so I'm going to suggest that 'X happens' and it will completely stop them there players from doing me like that nomore and if you don't make that change I'm not going to resub."   Now...I'm all about customer service so my answer would be "you know what customer X I understand your frustration but if you don't pay that bill your water service will be disconnected."  and I believe that HTC's answer will be like this "this is a MMO, people subscribe to do what they want, if you don't like the way one of my paying customers plays I am very sorry but I cannot change the game because of something as trivial as getting shot head on, I value you as a customer but your just going to have to deal with it."  So am I wrong?
I never said that there had to be a rules change...READ the POST. The fact IS that if SOMETHING doesn't change, the game is going to go belly up. FA did all kinds of the same things...upgrades, updates, idea after idea, and all that happened is that it went bye bye.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Respectfully, read the WHOLE thread, then think, then type.

Ok, please enlighten me what I missed.  The single actually actionable 'idea' was to split the arenas up for people to only play the way they want to.  You yourself admitted it's probably not a good idea, because it isn't.  What did I miss?

Other than that, and better moderation of 200, which can be detuned, what actionable ideas have been posed here that will turn people from dweebs to non-dweebs gameplay-wise?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »
Pretty sure I remember a "the worst thing we could do, is listen to customers" thread which makes sense.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »
Ok, please enlighten me what I missed.  The single actually actionable 'idea' was to split the arenas up for people to only play the way they want to.  You yourself admitted it's probably not a good idea, because it isn't.  What did I miss?

Other than that, and better moderation of 200, which can be detuned, what actionable ideas have been posed here that will turn people from dweebs to non-dweebs gameplay-wise?

Wiley.

Responsible squadron commanders who choose to invest in the training of their members as opposed to the throw more logs onto the fire approach.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »

Wiley.

Congrats, you picked up one idea in all those posts.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »
Answer#1.  Fly a bomber, it solves all you problems......<S>

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
Responsible squadron commanders who choose to invest in the training of their members as opposed to the throw more logs onto the fire approach.

Then get shida back in here to teach people...I miss my sensei.....besides, we need another good Ki-84 stick, besides Jetsom.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »

You speak as though the majority of people are just champing at the bit looking for training, but lack opportunity.  What leads you to that conclusion?

Congrats, you picked up one idea in all those posts.

Please, show me the plethora of actionable ideas I missed.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Human nature. Seems some are oblivious to the point of making themselves out to be a victim of it rather than just prone to it as much as the other guy.

For instance:

Player A shoots player B in the face and Player B goes down.

Player B is mad. He's mad at player A. He thinks he has every right to be since he knows Player A only HOs and has no skill and is symptomatic of a disease that is killing the game (derivative rationalization at it's worst). The actual situation is simple cause and effect. B got shot down - B is unhappy about it - B blames A for this unhappiness. Player B feels the need to either PM Player A and tell him all about it or broadcast on 200 to the world about it (perhaps even start a thread about it on the forum). Either way, Player A collects a bonus of seeing Player B get twisted and rant and rave. Here's where the other half of human nature kicks in. Player A realizes he's smiling as he reads it. His serotonin levels rise. Player B is now the cherry on top of the sundae. Every time player B has a hissy (in game or elsewhere) Player A is amused. Enough so that if he suspects his opponent is player B he will probably face-shoot him just for the sideshow.

At any given time in AH one player wins an engagement and another loses. It's never a fair fight. The winner never plays right. It's not how the game was designed to be played (in spite of the fact that it's exactly how the game was designed to be played). There will always be a percentage of these players succumbing to their most base nature (attributing perception as just cause). Some seem to revel in it. And it's always someone else's fault. And it's always the end of the world.

:D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:11:40 PM by Arlo »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »
Answer#1.  Fly a bomber, it solves all you problems......<S>

Find 999000 and Attack him...it also solves all your problems.  <S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
Then get shida back in here to teach people...I miss my sensei.....besides, we need another good Ki-84 stick, besides Jetsom.

Oh cod. You mean Shida is another one of those 'I quit but I still beech in the forum' types?  :huh

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
Hey Semp :)

World of tanks, lol   If I had my way all the tanks would be gone from AH!  Make it a flying-only game.

I hope you get your new throttle soon!

Cheers,
Pan
:O whatch you talkin bout girl???????????????????????????????
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.