Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15582 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
From all these negative threads, I conclude a major source of grumpy players is the 200 channel.  Why HTC keeps such a sandbox going is beyond me.

You don't have to tune to channel 200.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »

ack-ack

Amen.

Go to any...any MMOG site forum right now and you will find a thread exactly like this one.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »

ack-ack

And PMing players (ptp) can be blocked/ignored.  :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »
Late 90's, early 2000's, I really don't recall the complaining and trash-talking that goes on now in the arenas  :old:

It was just as bad in the early days because you couldn't detune from the All channel and were forced to see all the drivel being spewed by some.  That's why we have channel 200 now, so if you're offended by what is being said on channel 200, you can detune it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
I think it is awesome that you are coming up with new ideas for the game.  You make a really good point about the split in population and that by somehow making both styles of play possible would help a lot.  I'm not sure that splitting the player base over more arenas is the option.

Your idea for having areas where it is pure plane v. plane or tank v. tank is something I would really like to see.   How about achieving this by having maps where there are tank/air bases well away from the rest.  High mountains preventing planes access an area would make it "bomb****" free.  There could also be zones with no VH's or vbases.  This way the MA could be transformed into an arena that allows much more freedom of choice.
Your idea for having areas where it is pure plane v. plane or tank v. tank is something I would really like to see.   How about achieving this by having maps where there are tank/air bases well away from the rest.  High mountains preventing planes access an area would make it "bomb****" free.  There could also be zones with no VH's or vbases.  This way the MA could be transformed into an arena that allows much more freedom of choice.
[/quote]trinty map had high mountains and they took it away-because people cried about having to climb high enough to drop bombs on a base..
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
trinty map had high mountains and they took it away-because people cried about having to climb high enough to drop bombs on a base..

You also might remember that trinity had a 'shielded' tank town are like you are requesting... but nobody played in it. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »

You also might remember that trinity had a 'shielded' tank town are like you are requesting... but nobody played in it. ;)
i'm not requesting anything.....
i play the game as it is.......i was trying to take off from a hanger last night3-31-14--and got vulched 6 times,sur i got fustrated--mainly because i kept upping--so i just upped from another base.flew in and got an assist on the the player that kept vulching me.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
Answer#1.  Fly a bomber, it solves all you problems......<S>

Oh hush, 999.  You are special....ahhhhh....not in a short-bus way!  :D

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
At any given time in AH one player wins an engagement and another loses. It's never a fair fight. The winner never plays right. It's not how the game was designed to be played (in spite of the fact that it's exactly how the game was designed to be played). There will always be a percentage of these players succumbing to their most base nature (attributing perception as just cause). Some seem to revel in it. And it's always someone else's fault. And it's always the end of the world.

:D

Key point highlighted.  This is what I meant in my prior post concerning HO shots.  Honor?  No one, and I mean no one, should expect anything from a Red guy other than flying bullets and bombs.

I think Arlo and I are actually in agreement on a topic.

:huh  :frown: :uhoh

I really should go check out the window to see if it's raining fire and plagues of frogs....

:bolt:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:09:30 PM by Hoplite »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
well i will tell you'all this,i am not gonna quit playing this game--i love it--all the stuff you folks are talking about is fun for me...i like reading the stuff that goe's out on 200-it makes me laugh...i play this game every day-7 days a week...as long as my puter and internet is working...and i've said this before-i've spent alot of time in all 3 countries--everybody complains about the same stuff-----player-jon is bish--player joe is knight.jon thinks joe is warping--i switch sides joe thinks jon is warping...everybody complains about the same stuff..i don't care about all the stuff you folks are complaining about..i play the game for what it is-ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!
if new maps come out fine-if not- fine.pandora just quit a few posts ago-because someone killed a ene plane she was chasing.SO WHAT. it happens to me all the time.SO WHAT,there are other targets. :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
If you want it to change, you have to change.  

1.  If you don't help noobs, start.  Ask them every time you see them if they'd like to go to the TA, not the DA.  Create a culture
2.  If you get HOd a lot, ask someone how they pwn a HOer..  I suggest Morfiend, Dodger, BigRat, Creton, Jetsom, need I go on?
3.  If you don't like altfairies, F18SuperBrewsters, Spits and the Japanese Air Force, see #2. (Watched Creton and Nath flying an 84 and a k4 pwn two Brews last night repeatedly....great fights.  Ask them or someone for help
4.  If you don't like the jibberish on 200, detune it.
5.  If you don't like the style of fighting, get proficient in 3 planes:  the ugly, the turny and the fast.   That way you can get your revenge in any situation
6.  Never try to shoot down 999000.  Your nuts will be sore
7.  Don't practice hypocrisy.  Everyone sees it and you look foolish.  Goes to culture.  If you're an E fighter, wear it proudly, if you're a runner, fly those colors...cuz everyone knows the troof.
8.  For Gawds sake get tougher...it's a game.  If you get your panties ruffled over anything in this toon world, you need to talk to someone.  

Bottom line:  be part of the solution through your actions.  You'd be surprised how many people will be nice if you're nice.  Nice doesn't equal silence.  You can't silently change the culture in this game because we can't see anyone.  Leadership is about influence, not authority.

Edit:  I am not nice all the time.  I know this.  I will try harder
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:17:34 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
Somebody needs a vacation..... :furious

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
Key points highlighted.

:O

I think Arlo and I are actually in agreement.....my God, how far I have fallen.

I really should go check out the window to see if it's raining fire and plagues of frogs.... :bolt:

Agreed.  My coffee tastes awfully coppery for some reason.

The fact IS that if SOMETHING doesn't change, the game is going to go belly up.

Change SOMETHING!  And HTC has to SUPPORT THAT SOMETHING!

Oh, and there's lots of great ideas in this thread apparently on how to do that... somewhere.

The fact of the matter is, the majority of players don't want to change, they don't want to get better, they want to fly around and shoot at things.  If they wanted help, they'd seek it out ingame or on the forums.  As much as some of us want to believe every player who subscribes to this game wants to improve their ACM to the best of their ability and learn how to fight "properly", it just isn't so.

Changeup:  Excellent list, the only one I'd quibble with is #1.  What you're effectively asking is for people to turn their leisure time into work.  Those of us who want to do that already do it.  Many of those who don't are going to be a tough (spelled impossible) sell on why they should do it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »

Changeup:  Excellent list, the only one I'd quibble with is #1.  What you're effectively asking is for people to turn their leisure time into work.  Those of us who want to do that already do it.  Many of those who don't are going to be a tough (spelled impossible) sell on why they should do it.

Wiley.

Good point.  I was thinking people who asked or showed an interest.  One noob a week?  An hour or so?  30 mins?  Drive the culture.  If it helps keep some people around, that little bit of help may make for a ton of fun later if that guy stays and pays it forward
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
I think Arlo and I are actually in agreement on a topic.

:huh  :frown: :uhoh

I really should go check out the window to see if it's raining fire and plagues of frogs....

:bolt:

Was this a first? I'm sorry, hadn't been keeping up with that.  :) ;) :cheers: