Author Topic: A-20 perk them  (Read 7537 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A-20 perk them
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
Since this airframe is still the old AH1 era & like all the others from that time frame seem a little tougher than most. When it is updated I doubt it will be the same aircraft as we have now.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Since this airframe is still the old AH1 era & like all the others from that time frame seem a little tougher than most. When it is updated I doubt it will be the same aircraft as we have now.

I sure hope we get the G-1 when they do.... :rock
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Apparently logic isn't important as "it's my favorite" so I'm the one who gets to say, WW.

If it weren't the best at what it does it wouldn't be the first plane grabbed out of the hangar to bomb****. Period.

I'm glad the forums are used so heavily, by so many players, whom hardly play the game to tell those who play the game how it should be. Aren't you?

You guys are giving credence to an ultimate bomb**** and his take lmfao, it doesn't get any funnier.

Go look his stats up, most of what he does apparently is bomb****, in everything he flies.

Embracing change is hard, not all of you need to drag your knuckles anymore though.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »

2x1000kg & 2x500kg is my favourite loadout for that role. Did such a bomb**** sortie just again last night and did not notice that you "can't really do it". A quick climb to altitude, one sector travel and then: Aquisition, identification and diving attacks. Four tanks dead.

The 1000kg bomb is actually the Tu's greatest asset in this role, greatly reducing the need for any "precision".

Ive never flown to another base to bomb GVs. I know the few times Ive tested them with GVs at a base of ours being attacked the 1,000 kg adversely affected performance, were over kill, and just might kill you if you drop them low enough. Theres no question they make a big bang and wipe out anything near them. Personally I always found a 1,000 lb class bomb to be the best. Im not sure if there even is a 6 500 kg loadout but that would be my pick.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »
I'm glad the forums are used so heavily, by so many players, whom hardly play the game to tell those who play the game how it should be. Aren't you?

You guys are giving credence to an ultimate bomb**** and his take lmfao, it doesn't get any funnier.

And, out come the hammer and tongs... I don't give credence to either of you, but I AM enjoying this. For my own part, I know the A-20 can be a biz-ay-otch to bring down. I ho'ed one (he was a-ho in' on me) with a 410 the other week. There I was, cappin' away at him. He spiralled away trailing a heavy black plume, but, alas, no kill message. OTOH, I finished a mildly spindled one with a single tater once... smashed reeeeal purty.

BTW, who could possibly be dumb enough to HO a 410 from a Havoc? Well, at least one A-20 driver - though I seriously doubt that would be WW. I mean, how hard is it to acquire a 410's 6?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »
gv's are targets in a flying game.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »
Just fix the flight model, it is terribly wrong, they should not be able to turn with fighters.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »
Just fix the flight model, it is terribly wrong, they should not be able to turn with fighters.

And you have data to support this?  Care to share?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »

BTW, who could possibly be dumb enough to HO a 410 from a Havoc? Well, at least one A-20 driver - though I seriously doubt that would be WW. I mean, how hard is it to acquire a 410's 6?

It's less than smart to do HOs in the A-20....It has no discernible armor in front. I had a P-47D-40 try to HO me the other day. He screwed up, and had rockets selected. So, a passel of rockets went wizzing by... I shot him down. Now, if they ever do the A-20G-1, with four cannon, I expect that more guys will be taking the HO....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 04:54:17 PM »
Apparently logic isn't important as "it's my favorite" so I'm the one who gets to say, WW.

If it weren't the best at what it does it wouldn't be the first plane grabbed out of the hangar to bomb****. Period.

Go look his stats up, most of what he does apparently is bomb****, in everything he flies.

Embracing change is hard, not all of you need to drag your knuckles anymore though.

Do yourself favor and quit trying to make it seem that killing tanks is all I do... I have fun doing that, but I love nothing more than a good dogfight. Meet me in the DA or TA sometime.....  I'll make you cry.  The TA is better. I can shoot lots of holes in you and I don't have to wait for you to re-plane. Best is a "cage match". That will get your adrenalin flowing.

Moreover, I spent 5 years as a trainer, mostly teaching ACM. Been here a very long time, and more than know my way around. Ask the oldtimers.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »
What is it with the 'It's remotely effective, perk it!' threads lately?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »
Ironically, most of the players whom hardly play the game have more knowledge than the ones who currently play the game because they have invested many years into the game both playing and advancing it. Widewing is no exception.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
While I agree that the A20 is certainly tops in the "easy mode" department for dispatching gv's, it doesn't really deserve a perk.  It is limited in multiple ways.  The F3 mode really facilitates the easy mode.  If the A20 didn't have that it would be a much different story.  I actually wish HTC would change it to attack class exclusively, it isn't like we see it bombing from 12,000 ft.  It is a direct support/direct attack aircraft without a doubt.

Here is why the A20 does not need a perk price:

First, take out ord bunkers = no A20.  Any 4/.50 cal fighter can pull that duty off.

Second, it is a big target.  Easy to hit.  While in a gv just sit still get under a tree.  If you're in a AA gun, sit still and WAIT until he is close enough to get solid hits.  No more A20.

Third, it is slow and not the most agile especially when loaded with 8/500 lb bombs.  Empty, sure it will surprise many fighters.

I'm more concerned by the tank busters armed with guns, the Mossi FB Mk VI, the 190F-8, and other gv's.  The A20 is ultimately a 1 trick pony: bomb gv's.  Like the Lgay7 and other such easy mode planes, I scoff at those who constantly use them and forget the challenge of using fewer bombs, more precision, and otherwise more challenging vessels. But alas....

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »
Excellent base defense platform and it should be tough.  It's a bomber
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
And you have data to support this?  Care to share?

ack-ack

Exactly. And the first data needed is weight and wing area. Next the power. Let's see the wing loading and the power loading.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.