Author Topic: A-20 perk them  (Read 7540 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: A-20 perk them
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 02:37:43 AM »
Morfiend talked with me about this the last time I visited with him in the TA.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  Please PM me if you'd like to teach someone how to do it

Sure, anytime. It's a lot of fun.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
I'll take your A20 and raise you into a proper bomber  :old:

A20s are weaksauce  :old:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2014, 04:42:32 AM »
The only oddity I find with the A20s is their extreme durability. I find them to be the most difficult plane in the game to bring down in term of the number of hits, more than B17s - and I fire at them with mosquitoes. It's not like they are invincible, but damn they are tough.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 06:33:59 AM »
Love my A20

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:35:45 AM by Wolfala »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2014, 06:57:27 AM »
Widewing is one of the nicest guys you'll meet within Aces High. What gives him credibility is the fact he is one of the most knowledgeable regarding historical aviation within the Aces High community and even beyond.

That may be, but without concern or questioning my foundation for starting this thread he assumed it was about me getting my  :ahand  and proceeded I believe 4x to use that icon and connote that I was merely whining and merely frustrated about being bombed.

Nice  :headscratch:

good grief Charlie Brown

The fact is I made an argument about the aircraft that are superior in their given roles in AH and that subsequently (it appears to me) they were then given a perk cost to fly them. I see the A-20 as the superior aircraft for attacking multiple uppd (could be one guy) gvs. Furthermore, in the presence of ftrs, it has F3 mode...

:salute

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »
All F3 views should be removed from the game. 

It shouldn't be removed from the game but it should be taken out of the arenas and the DA during all flight. Used as a teaching tool in the TA only.

You have the 1,2,3,...etc positions to look around no reason you should fly around like wonder woman outside your plane.

Why should you be able to have a better view then your gunner would have?

:cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
The only A-20 that might be perkable is one with four 20mm cannons, and even that is debatable.

It is absurd to request the A-20G as it exists in AH be perked.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
It shouldn't be removed from the game but it should be taken out of the arenas and the DA during all flight. Used as a teaching tool in the TA only.

You have the 1,2,3,...etc positions to look around no reason you should fly around like wonder woman outside your plane.

QFT.  Generally after conversing with FF you are dumber than you were before you started but he is correct on this.  Not to mention the target tracking you have for training lead gunnery.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »

We don't fly A-20s straight and level, like other bombers.

Explain to me how jumping from cockpit to gun position is practical while in a maneuver fight... If I had a gunner/observer, that would be fine. I don't have a gunner or observer and I'm blind behind. If I'm in a fight with more than one enemy nearby, shouldn't I have the means to track them relative to my aircraft? You can see behind in a Stuka, a 110, a Mossie or 410. We don't shoot or bomb from F3. Both the A-20 and Tu-2 need F-3 to provide the eyes that would be there in the real world, to offset the lack of rear vision.

I fly the F6F-5 in base defense as well. I almost never lose one fighters or GVs. It has some rear vision, much better than the A-20. I kill just as many tanks, and completely embarrass enemies in fighters, foolish enough to attack. Should we perk the Hellcat too, because people use it to its best capability? 

My suggestion is this... Rather than ask for any plane or tanks to be perked, adapt, improvise and overcome.

Ground attacks will get crushed without air support. Combined arms... Organize.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »
We don't fly A-20s straight and level, like other bombers.

Explain to me how jumping from cockpit to gun position is practical while in a maneuver fight... If I had a gunner/observer, that would be fine. I don't have a gunner or observer and I'm blind behind. If I'm in a fight with more than one enemy nearby, shouldn't I have the means to track them relative to my aircraft? You can see behind in a Stuka, a 110, a Mossie or 410. We don't shoot or bomb from F3. Both the A-20 and Tu-2 need F-3 to provide the eyes that would be there in the real world, to offset the lack of rear vision.

I fly the F6F-5 in base defense as well. I almost never lose one fighters or GVs. It has some rear vision, much better than the A-20. I kill just as many tanks, and completely embarrass enemies in fighters, foolish enough to attack. Should we perk the Hellcat too, because people use it to its best capability? 

My suggestion is this... Rather than ask for any plane or tanks to be perked, adapt, improvise and overcome.

Ground attacks will get crushed without air support. Combined arms... Organize.

I shoot from this platform using F3.   Just sayin...walk those tracers right up to um.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
I shoot from this platform using F3.   Just sayin...walk those tracers right up to um.

I turned off tracers. Not because I'm a great shot, 'cause I'm no better than average. I turn them off because I don't want to spook the other guy if I miss.... Also, it makes Wirbels and field acks very hard to detect. I usually have a very high K/D in Wirbels, which I attribute to having the tracers off. I rarely get bombed before I kill a bunch. I have always wondered why more don't turn off tracers... You dive in, thinking that the WW doesn't see you. Suddenly, you're in the tower without a clue as what just smacked you... :O
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
I usually have a very high K/D in Wirbels, which I attribute to having the tracers off. I rarely get bombed before I kill a bunch. I have always wondered why more don't turn off tracers...

You actually can do that now? Once ago was a bug that disabled tracers on Ostie / WW on your own FE only, but everybody else could still see them. Since I never noticed any Wirbels shooting without tracers since then, I would have (wrongfully?) assumed it's still the case...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
I turned off tracers. Not because I'm a great shot, 'cause I'm no better than average. I turn them off because I don't want to spook the other guy if I miss.... Also, it makes Wirbels and field acks very hard to detect. I usually have a very high K/D in Wirbels, which I attribute to having the tracers off. I rarely get bombed before I kill a bunch. I have always wondered why more don't turn off tracers... You dive in, thinking that the WW doesn't see you. Suddenly, you're in the tower without a clue as what just smacked you... :O

I get smacked a lot that way.  Must be you!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »

You actually can do that now? Once ago was a bug that disabled tracers on Ostie / WW on your own FE only, but everybody else could still see them. Since I never noticed any Wirbels shooting without tracers since then, I would have (wrongfully?) assumed it's still the case...

The last three tours I'm 96 kills, 13 losses. Only 8 of those losses were to aircraft. I believe it's because they don't see tracers. I'm not that good or lucky.
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »
All F3 views should be removed from the game. 

On topic,
Anyone who ups a perk tank to an airfield with ords should be court marshalled. 
Anyone who expects there to be no air response to a ground invasion, should be court marshalled.

:salute

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org