Author Topic: Health insurance  (Read 2634 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Health insurance
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 12:35:56 AM »
for me and my son I pay 180 per month.  if it hadnt been for the new rules, my son wouldnt have had insurance as he works for wall-mart.  I have 30 dollars copayments but there's a clinic at my work with no copays.  medication costs at most 10 dollars each.

my insurance rate has been going up about the same for the last 6 years.  when I started it, it was free for employee now it's 90 bucks.  I get my insurance thru kaiser permanente.

we are also given free dental,vision and life insurance.  so i guess I am a lucky one that my job offers great insurance.  then again one of the guys really messed up his knee getting drunk during the superbowl and now is looking at about 5k in deductibles.  the difference between his insurance and mine is that he picked the "low" option to save 40 bucks a month, since he "never gets hurt or sick".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 01:34:44 AM »
I was stuck in a portability policy as I could not get an individual policy due to pre existing bs.( osteo arthritis? MILD osteo arthritis?) that plan had a $1000 deductible and 20 percent coinsurance and was from Pacific Source which has a good reputation and I never had a problem with them paying,(than again they never really did what with the deductible and all.) The last check I wrote to them for a months premium,age 50, was just shy of $900. Now I have a no deductible plan with kaiser for 457 a month. No subsidy. No bs.
Pies not kicks.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 01:37:53 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:37:54 AM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 05:38:41 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:38:05 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 08:59:47 AM »

My costs of family insurance now are about 10% of my pay every week and would go up every year about 5%. This past year though it went up 20%.  :headscratch: Maybe someone could INform me why?

The Doctors and Lawyers used to live on the same street as the common folk. Now they sequester themselves in their private sections of town much like a monarchy. I think we should forget our rebellion and ask for the queens forgiveness.

But will they take back such rebellious children? 
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 09:44:01 AM »
This thread was intended to be about the cost of health insurance. Has it gone up, down or stayed the same for you and/or family?

I am lucky enough to work for a major company with good benefits. The amount I pay for our family in every paycheck has gone up. The copays have increased. Deductibles have gone up as well. The prescriptions seem about the same but none of us were on meds anyway so I can only compare the occasional med and the likes of generic flonase. We are now paying a notable amount more than a few years ago.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
40% price increase immediately after the new law went into effect.
My employer was pro-active and raised it a week before it became law.  :lol It's up about 80% (premiums) since.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »
National Heath Service  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
To those who keep referring to rule 14....there have been no politics discussed, so you(who are opposed, despite the positives) can leave it alone.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »
i was14'd.....but i don't think i said anything political......but it's ok. i tried to keep it away from needing editing, and didn't do so well enough.

as i mentioned earlier, i know people personally that've lost their coverage, that've had their costs go up, some that've lost hours, and one or two that've lost their jobs.

i have ideas on the fix.....but they're not something that can be typed here. and not because they're bad. but i know that would be stepping over the line, which i'm trying not to do.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »
To those who keep referring to rule 14....there have been no politics discussed, so you(who are opposed, despite the positives) can leave it alone.

I think it will be okay as long as the "O" word isn't used.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »
I pay 0,82% of my salary for health insurance for full coverage, including dental.

I have 3 sets of teeth :old:

The dog ate one set it was like a crime scene when they emerged, they have not fitted right since :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
it goes up every year just like the cost of living, 8 years ago I paid $15 a month for insurance, and 2 years ago when I left the same job and same insurance I was paying $360 a month.  I have also known people Cap that have lost their coverage and premiums went up considerably, I hope I dont cross the line here, but IMO there are MANY other things that are in need of redoing other than insurance, and I will leave it there. 

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
it goes up every year just like the cost of living, 8 years ago I paid $15 a month for insurance, and 2 years ago when I left the same job and same insurance I was paying $360 a month
The last 2 places I worked insurance premiums went up, deductibles went up and coverage went down. Just like clockwork.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »
stayed the same, my employer pays for part, I pay for part and to my knowledge neither side is paying more than before (the amount they pay is fixed).
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)