Author Topic: Custom Arenas  (Read 513 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Custom Arenas
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:20 AM »
I need to know if anyone has been able to get a custom arena to work, AFTER manually installing the latest terrain your arena would be using.

I also need to know, do you get a terrain download when you connect to an arena.  If you are not sure about this one, I will have a custom arena up and running all day today.  I would appreciate some help as we are getting a lot of contradictory information which is making it difficult to debug.

Please do not make posts in this thread about whatever problem you are having with the custom arenas.  I will ignore it.  We have to get some structured feedback with details to figure out what is happening.

Just FYI.  We cannot readily reproduce the problems players are having with this feature.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Custom Arenas
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
I don't see your custom arena and I'm not clear on how you want this structured.

Just now to test I tried to create a custom arena using the TA terrain.
I got dumped to the opening game menu with the message "Problem occured while retreiving ahiiterr/2.res".
I go back online and the arena is there. I try to enter and get dumped to the opening game menu with the message "Problem occured while retreiving ahiiterr/2.res".

I exit the game. I try making a custom arena using the Pearl map which I don't have.
I got dumped to the opening game menu with the message "Problem occured while retreiving ahiiterr/2.res".
I go back online and the arena is there but it says "closed".

I exited AH and tried again to create a custom arena using the TA terrain.
I go back online and the arena is there. I try to enter and get dumped to the opening game menu with the message "Problem occured while retreiving ahiiterr/2.res".

I exit the game and I again try making a custom arena using the Pearl map which I still don't have.
I go back online and the arena is there. Not closed this time. I try to enter and get dumped to the opening game menu with the message "Problem occured while retreiving ahiiterr/2.res".

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
That was helpful.  There is a problem which cannot be worked around, at the moment.  Unfortunately, due to the upgrade work we are doing on the game, this problem cannot be addressed until we are at a release point.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:30:04 AM »
I don't see your custom arena and I'm not clear on how you want this structured.

Just now to test I tried to create a custom arena using the TA terrain.

I exit the game. I try making a custom arena using the Pearl map which I don't have.
I go back online and the arena is there but it says "closed".

I was able to create an arena last Thursday nite.. after the 3rd attempt.. the 1st 2 times, it happened exactly as FLS reported here..
the terrain was 'germanyw'..

Wrngway