Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9332 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
This ad hoplitium is tiresumium don't you thinkium?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Made of unobtanium?
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »
Its called winning.. lol  :aok

No, it's called sarcasm.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
And unfortunately your being able to do so with 'yer budz' might impact the "Let's take some bases / Win the map for Mother Chess Piece" crowd.  So unless someone is willing to come up with a reasonable compromise (i.e. the aforementioned "press button, go to lowest side" idea) ....we are back to square one.

ad infinitum...

It will only affect their paranoia, not the game. ad sarcasm...

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
O bear.. you just need to land some kills already buddy! lmao... :cool:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:31:22 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
oh boy, you forget when we switched and we both said, crap it was the wrong side.  just ask bunnies he was also there.

semp

I haven't played in about a year, nor do I really remember, but I don't like the 12 hour rule at all. Its justification has some merit at peak hours but later in the night when I used to play, it often rendered the game a boring wasteland where at best, containing one massive horde clobbering undefended bases or a few people doing milk runs while the other two sides were battling it out.

I guess the core problem is that throughout the 12 hour shift, the balance of players substantially changes and as such, when a user logs in and switches to the low sided team, 3 hours later it may no-longer be the low sided team and the player is forced with the decision to either hide in an out-of-balance horde, do milkruns where virtually no human-vs-human interaction happens, or log off and play another game/do something else.

I believe that this is one of the factors that led to the of the decline of players during AH 'late-nights'. Why should a player pay 15 bucks a mo, to log-on and possibly get to play against other human players when the same player could play a different game with a much higher chance of action against another player?

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »
This ad hoplitium is tiresumium don't you thinkium?

Not half so tired as the "our way or the highway" crowd.....on both sides of this subject.

It honestly doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me either way.   I'd just like to read some new arguments rather than the old and repetitive ones. At least the HOing topic seems to be making some progress....this one just grinds in the mud getting nowhere.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
I haven't played in about a year, nor do I really remember, but I don't like the 12 hour rule at all. Its justification has some merit at peak hours but later in the night when I used to play, it often rendered the game a boring wasteland where at best, containing one massive horde clobbering undefended bases or a few people doing milk runs while the other two sides were battling it out.

I guess the core problem is that throughout the 12 hour shift, the balance of players substantially changes and as such, when a user logs in and switches to the low sided team, 3 hours later it may no-longer be the low sided team and the player is forced with the decision to either hide in an out-of-balance horde, do milkruns where virtually no human-vs-human interaction happens, or log off and play another game/do something else.

I believe that this is one of the factors that led to the of the decline of players during AH 'late-nights'. Why should a player pay 15 bucks a mo, to log-on and possibly get to play against other human players when the same player could play a different game with a much higher chance of action against another player?

And what you describe is the best reason to allow side switching at any time that a player wants to switch sides as long as that player is moving over to the side with the lowest numbers.  And if the numbers get lopsided in another 10 or 15 minutes any player that wanted to change sides again to balance sides should be allowed to do so.   A player should be allowed to switch sides every 12 hours to a side of that player's choice or change sides any time they want by selecting a switch sides button on the knee board that would automatically place that player on the side with the lowest numbers.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »
Not half so tired as the "our way or the highway" crowd.....on both sides of this subject.

It honestly doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me either way.   I'd just like to read some new arguments rather than the old and repetitive ones. At least the HOing topic seems to be making some progress....this one just grinds in the mud getting nowhere.

Bunnies offering is a good observation on when at night changing the side switching limit is really needed if HTC is willing to go that route. 10:00pm PST is about the time the arena begins to empty of the prime time crowd. The traditional late night after the party furball these days is a hit or miss event. I've seen it happen between nit land and bish or rook for weeks. Then for weeks nit land couldn't scare up a flock of gerbils with most action on the ground and milk runners. The bish and rook when they are doing it, seem to always keep it too far away to show up unless you are in P51's or P47's with drop tanks to get there.

Prime time doesn't need a shorter time limit. The 80%ers need the ability to get a breather from the 5% who would eventually abuse "at will" or 1 hour by turning themselves into a Flying Circus of Pain. The 80%ers won't suddenly get religion and flock to the DA in response. They will find another game.

Funny didn't some CEO recently loose his job because a small vocal group started calling him all kinds of names on the Internet. Kind of a funny timing coincidence on this insult fest of the HTC CEO. Just before a completely new version of the game is to be released.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2014, 05:04:32 PM »

Funny didn't some CEO recently loose his job because a small vocal group started calling him all kinds of names on the Internet. Kind of a funny timing coincidence on this insult fest of the HTC CEO. Just before a completely new version of the game is to be released.   

I don't recall seeing any insult fest of HTC CEO in this discussion on ENY.  Your comment is totally off base. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Bustr doesn't need to be on base, he just has to fill a wall with words. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2014, 05:29:06 PM »
O bear.. you just need to land some kills already buddy! lmao... :cool:

Sorry, no idea who you are  :huh

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
I don't recall seeing any insult fest of HTC CEO in this discussion on ENY.  Your comment is totally off base. 

Did I insult HiTech?   :headscratch:

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »
The 80%ers need the ability to get a breather from the 5% who would eventually abuse "at will"

They say only 10% or less ever read or post on the forums.................. maybe 90% of the player are Ok with 12 rule.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301