Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9631 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »
i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles..   :headscratch:
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »
I haven't played in about a year, nor do I really remember, but I don't like the 12 hour rule at all. Its justification has some merit at peak hours but later in the night when I used to play, it often rendered the game a boring wasteland where at best, containing one massive horde clobbering undefended bases or a few people doing milk runs while the other two sides were battling it out.

I guess the core problem is that throughout the 12 hour shift, the balance of players substantially changes and as such, when a user logs in and switches to the low sided team, 3 hours later it may no-longer be the low sided team and the player is forced with the decision to either hide in an out-of-balance horde, do milkruns where virtually no human-vs-human interaction happens, or log off and play another game/do something else.

I believe that this is one of the factors that led to the of the decline of players during AH 'late-nights'. Why should a player pay 15 bucks a mo, to log-on and possibly get to play against other human players when the same player could play a different game with a much higher chance of action against another player?

I am talking about several years ago before you were bunnies.   

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »
And unfortunately your being able to do so with 'yer budz' might impact the "Let's take some bases / Win the map for Mother Chess Piece" crowd.  So unless someone is willing to come up with a reasonable compromise (i.e. the aforementioned "press button, go to lowest side" idea) ....we are back to square one.

ad infinitum...

So, you're saying a group changing sides for a fight might 'impact' a lets take a base crowd? Impact them as in fight them?

Cool story dude.. I think your square is on the wrong board..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
So, you're saying a group changing sides for a fight might 'impact' a lets take a base crowd? Impact them as in fight them?

Cool story dude.. I think your square is on the wrong board..

Yep, it is a cool story, "dude".  But more to the point, that's how it appears to be perceived by some who care more for winning the map than flying in the mudpit.   Expand your worldview. 

FYI - I did not state that I share this view.  I don't.  So spare me the attack the messenger tactics.  I'm simply stating what should be obvious to anyone who has read these damned debates over and over again.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2014, 09:19:10 PM »
Yep, it is a cool story, "dude".  But more to the point, that's how it appears to be perceived by some who care more for winning the map than flying in the mudpit.   Expand your worldview. 

FYI - I did not state that I share this view.  I don't.  So spare me the attack the messenger tactics.  I'm simply stating what should be obvious to anyone who has read these damned debates over and over again.

Not much of a debate in this thread.  Since I've been away, please indulge me Mr. Messenger of the War Winnerz, what is the downside of allowing players to switch teams at a more frequent rate?

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »
Not much of a debate in this thread.  Since I've been away, please indulge me Mr. Messenger of the War Winnerz, what is the downside of allowing players to switch teams at a more frequent rate?

:lol

Again, I personally don't think there IS a downside to allowing it, O' Consecrated Lord of the Furballers.  I simply pointed out what appears to be the core dispute at the heart of this endless argument.  

Maybe if there was less name-calling sarcastic postings and more open consideration of alternative viewpoints the argument might evolve into something that HTC just might consider.  But then again maybe I'm just being a bit too optimistic.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »

Again, I personally don't think there IS a downside to allowing it, O' Consecrated Lord of the Furballers.  I simply pointed out what appears to be the core dispute at the heart of this endless argument.  

Maybe if there was less name-calling sarcastic postings and more open consideration of alternative viewpoints the argument might evolve into something that HTC just might consider.  But then again maybe I'm just being a bit too optimistic.

Perhaps if we pretentiously italicized key words in our posts HTC might consider it too!

Listen kid, This isn't a debate class where hitech rewards the best debater with a cookie. Either it makes sense or it doesn't. And it does, clearly.  Go frolic in a flower patch.

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
Countless threads, complaints, players leaving the game, rants, whines and pleas have not made any difference to this idiotic 12 hour rule

I feel like it's going to be in place until AH finally kicks the bucket (and that day is being significantly hastened by the inability to find combat in off peak hours)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
Perhaps if we pretentiously italicized key words in our posts HTC might consider it too!

Listen kid, This isn't a debate class where hitech rewards the best debater with a cookie. Either it makes sense or it doesn't. And it does, clearly.  Go frolic in a flower patch.

You guys crack me up!  No, it's certainly nothing like a debate class....

Clearly, it makes sense to you and others similarly inclined to your point of view.  It makes sense to me as well so I am clearly in agreement with you.  But it also clearly doesn't make sense to other players.  Denying that and/or attempting to insult me doesn't change anything.

As for being a "kid"...well...I wish.    :D  

I'll go frolic off into the flowers / tiptoe through the tulips now.  I did my best to not pretentiously use italics in this post.  I await the next insult with grace and good humor.  Maybe Bluberry can post another picture meant to imply how uncool I am?  I like those!  :aok
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:49:30 PM by Hoplite »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

Listen kid, This isn't a debate class where hitech rewards the best debater with a cookie. Either it makes sense or it doesn't. And it does, clearly.  Go frolic in a flower patch.

you guys have been debating for what 2 or 3 years?  did you get your cookie yet?

semp

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
you guys have been debating for what 2 or 3 years?  did you get your cookie yet?

semp

I'm still waiting on my cookies from debate class...it's been 25 years...damn things are likely moldy!  ;)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »

I still don't get how what you posted is a core dispute? This game is about air combat... Pretty sure that has been pointed out.. Please explain..

And, if you don't think there is a downside, why are you here attempting to make a point against it? If they have a valid argument let them make it.. You're not helping either side.. You're just here.. fluffing the thread..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »

Not seen any name calling other than you calling yourself the messenger...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
I still don't get how what you posted is a core dispute? This game is about air combat... Pretty sure that has been pointed out.. Please explain..

And, if you don't think there is a downside, why are you here attempting to make a point against it? If they have a valid argument let them make it.. You're not helping either side.. You're just here.. fluffing the thread..

Thread fluffing...I had not heard that but its certainly applicable to a few.  Carry on.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
Not seen any name calling other than you calling yourself the messenger...

really have you read the full thread?

semp