Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:50 PM »
If they are such a strong contingent, why aren't the win the war guys more active in this thread? Hmm?

:headscratch: I recall asking the very same question.

I'm not resisting anything.  I just pointed out a problem.  And yes, you are correct that no one other than me has brought up the problem...in this thread at any rate.  Go back to others and I think you will find posts voicing these concerns.

Which I guess begs the question why hasn't anyone else stepped forward and brought it up in this thread? Who knows? Maybe everyone realizes you are right and attitudes towards this subject have changed?  Maybe people are tired of a pointless argument?  Maybe it's because posting an opinion on the forum even remotely in opposition to one taken by a member of your squad tends to result in that person being ridiculed, called names, and basically disrespected?  Not saying that happened here, BTW, but you have to grant me that's the historical precedent....   

So yes...I think I addressed it.

FYI - rereading my post I realized by my "don't shoot the messenger" I implied being one.  My mistake for pushing back on that one.  It was not my intent to state or imply I'm a messenger or representativ for any group.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »

FYI - rereading my post I realized by my "don't shoot the messenger" I implied being one.  My mistake for pushing back on that one.  It was not my intent to state or imply I'm a messenger or representativ for any group.

There ya go. 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
I haven't read all this but the game was more enjoyable for me when the side switch time was a hour.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
There ya go. 8)

I always admit when make a mistake. 

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
I always admit when make a mistake. 

Hmm...I'm waiting :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »
How about the side switching rules currently in place, and ideas for change? :eek:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »
How about when you get to the arenas login there is a basic roster...(obviously for each arena)
you click on this and it brings up the roster who is online and what side..this also offers basic information..number per side, number of bases under attack(per country)....it also tells which side you are currently on... from here you choose your country..
if you choose to change it must only be to a lower number side(which means ultimately there will be two options, if they happen to be all even then free to choose any...and numbers only matter to switching...if you happen to with the side with the most players you will still be logged in on that country)....(even this way those who want to can and will abuse it)
If you decide you don't like the side...you must log out for a minimum period (this is where it gets a little horrible..but it offers a chance sweeten the missus / Mum / Dad up by doing some meanial chore that will earn you browny points...they don't need to know that you can't play your game as you want to change sides...she just thinks you are great for taking time out of your game time to look after them) 30mins/hour??? This way those who are inclined to be despicable abusing the system can't...(those who use other methods...well....you can't do much about that really can you)..

Just a thought...didn't really spend a lot of time on it...just popped into the head and I blurted it out....probably a few holes in the plan  hahahaha 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:41:41 PM by SPKmes »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »
semp, you have been in practically every single 12 hour switch thread ever made, you have not contributed one single rational thought to any of them, nor have you shown any ability to understand why this might affect other players, you can't even remember your points from the last thread  :rofl

what rational thought have you contributed?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:01 PM »
what rational thought have you contributed?

semp

This is what rational thought I read from his posts about you Semp:

1.  You don't remember what you've typed in prior threads concerning side switching
2.  Because of #1, you are hypocritical with your opinions regarding reasons why side switching should or should not be changed
3.  You've posted in every single side-switching thread and have not contributed anything of value regarding the policy of side-switching.

I hope I didn't miss anything.  I apologize to Pervert if I missed anything rational he typed.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
Hmm...I'm waiting :)

For?

Ah....I get it. 

Am I now supposed to admit I was wrong to bring up the counter argument made by others and suggest a compromise?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:06:59 PM by Hoplite »

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »
I switched for the first time in awhile tonight, from bish to rook, at 750pm when it was:

bish/knit/rook

100 88 80

an hour later it's:

59 70 74

owell.  :bolt:

nah, but 12 hours is perfect.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:42:30 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2014, 11:57:35 PM »
Me and squaddies couldn't find a fight around 10pm as bishop. Unfortunately for us there was apparently a great fight going down between knights and rook. Instead of dumpster diving for half eaten sandwiches and loose change as bishop, we went to the dueling arena to fight eachother. It was fun I guess.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2014, 12:12:06 AM »
This is what rational thought I read from his posts about you Semp:

1.  You don't remember what you've typed in prior threads concerning side switching
2.  Because of #1, you are hypocritical with your opinions regarding reasons why side switching should or should not be changed
3.  You've posted in every single side-switching thread and have not contributed anything of value regarding the policy of side-switching.

I hope I didn't miss anything.  I apologize to Pervert if I missed anything rational he typed.

I do remember what i have posted in other threads.  but you guys conveniently forget that sometimes I talk about the 1 hour switch time during prime time and others about late at night with only a few players.

and well I did post a link to hitech's reason why we have a 12 hour switch time.  so I did contributed something of value regarding the policy of side switching.  you not accepting the reason is a different issue.  

as for being hypocritical, you my man shouldnt throw stones.

and you dont have to apologize to pervert, he still hasnt posted anything rational yet.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2014, 12:14:43 AM »
Semp you the funniest ever