Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9484 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
This thread is Semptastic
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Why would I ask outside of these groups? If I wanted information or knowledge about something, would I not seek out the best if I could? You do not go to a grade school teacher to learn the complexity of calculus!

Every single member in the AOM / Blue Knight circle started and inhabited our place outside of that circle. These 2 groups (not the only 2) have cultivated a wealth of AH2 experience and understanding, and if the majority in groups such as these think a certain way, maybe just maybe it is from experience and "time served" NOT because I/they are part of some clique!! The members of these 2 groups are some of the most opinionated, single minded d0vchebags I've never had the pleasure to meet. They know this game cause they came up thru it. There is no clique, there is a standard!! The standard is not what you think it would be, but make no mistake the standard is high!

Let me speak for myself, as I know 1st hand each of them has no issue with speaking for themselves.

#1 - I do not consider AOM, Blue Knights and others a "clique".

#2 - I have no problem dismissing "out of hand" any dissenting opinion if I think it is wrong.

#3 - These groups "and others like them" have more experience, knowledge and understanding of this game than virtually all other groups combined.

#4 - The opinion of these groups weighs more than the opinion of others who have not the same experience, knowledge and understanding.

#5 - The long term historical precedent you speak of is rife with the experience, knowledge and understanding of these groups of players.

#6 - The 12 hour rule is a detriment to game play, it hinders choice and freedom. It stifles fun and it is one of the reasons I no longer play.

#7 - Changing it could be one of the reasons for my return!

JUGgler

Independent of Hoplite's reply, you don't think all the points listed skews their perspective?  The group listed is not typical of the average AH player.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Your idea of stifling fun could well be seen as protection from spiez by the majority.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
Snake bitten by semp logic again.  Well played sir, your pragmatism is over shadowed only by your flying. :salute

This thread is Semptastic

it's funny how you muppets derail your own threads about side switching time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:06 PM »
it's funny how you muppets derail your own threads about side switching time.

semp

The term was discovered in the thread by a participant of the thread and has purpose in the thread of defining your attempt at participating with sempisms.

When you can remember what you type and why you typed it, your opinions of threads and opinions in threads will matter more.  Right now...they don't.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »
Even if this thread doesn't facilitate change, we learned some new semp-isms and discovered a new muppet ankle humper in fulcrum.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »
Why would I ask outside of these groups? If I wanted information or knowledge about something, would I not seek out the best if I could? You do not go to a grade school teacher to learn the complexity of calculus!

Ah.  Another elitist.  Get ready for the critics.

- oldman

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »
dude my squad has nothing to do with this.  when I speak, I speak for myself and not for my squad.

and trust me you arent bullying me.  you actually make me laugh.

semp

Your squad??  :bhead what are you talking about semp? This reply was to hoplite... :bhead

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
apparently there's something wrong with your comprehension and or reading skills.  let me show you the original quotes.

and here's grizz's reply.

as usual first he admits he was flying with the "horde".  then he admits he switched to take advantage of where buffs were taken from, as he landed on the same base.  and second he "forgets" that it was during prime time when it was a "horde" against "horde" as you like to call it.

like I said, you guys are the exact reason  why during prime time there shouldnt be a 1 hour switch time.  after hours it's a different story.

semp

Really?

Are you seeing something that I'm not?

Are you an attorney? Your desperate search for logic through illogical interpretations is fascinating.

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »
Muppets aren't the only ones who resent the 12 hour rule. The effect that the 12 hour rule has on the social aspect of the game (can't switch around to wing with people you know on all three sides) alone is enough reason to be rid of it.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:35 PM »
And as to Grizz's action, I say so flippin' what? No, scratch that, on second thought I say Way the F to Go on switching to murder bomber misshunz!!!  Das misshunz are generally designed to steamroller/bypass combat in a freakin' combat game. Detecting and shooting them down is doing the game as a whole a favor. Das buff misshunz are designed to take away the very toys that make combat possible, thus anyone shooting down buffs is doing the game a HUGE favor. What's more, anyone who sends you back to the tower while you're flying a bomber is doing you a favor. He's kindly giving you a chance to mend your ways and click on a fighter aircraft for the next sortie.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:15:44 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:04 PM »

Ah.  Another elitist.  Get ready for the critics.

- oldman

Why elitist?

I do not seek information or knowledge from those who know less than I, seems kind of inefficient. If I can get information or knowledge from someone who "thru their "actions" and deeds has proven their superiority in said subject, why wouldn't I and why do you see that as elitism?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:29 PM »
Why elitist?

I do not seek information or knowledge from those who know less than I, seems kind of inefficient. If I can get information or knowledge from someone who "thru their "actions" and deeds has proven their superiority in said subject, why wouldn't I and why do you see that as elitism?

JUGgler

You can lead a horse to water it seems....

Even if this thread doesn't facilitate change, we learned some new semp-isms and discovered a new muppet ankle humper in fulcrum.

:headscratch:

I did nothing more than point out a problem I felt the proponents needed to address to get HTC to take it seriously.   I even admitted I'd like to see the change enacted myself.  

I also pointed out that historically some proponents tend to be less than open-minded about opposing points of view.  JUGgler then proceeded to make statements that I will charitably term.....ahhhh.....'incautious' and 'poorly articulated'.  

I simply took his own statements at face value and used them to dispute his claim that his group is not a clique (it in fact meets the criteria quite nicely!).  

His statements seem to also indicate a high sense of self worth and an elitist worldview.  I'd point out this might explain his not being open to other opinions, but I think you get the point...

No personal attacks. No names. No need to resort to crude stratagems to get one's point across....even if it is still completely lost to some.  

tootles.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2014, 11:46:24 PM »
Really?

Are you seeing something that I'm not?

Are you an attorney? Your desperate search for logic through illogical interpretations is fascinating.

JUGgler

ok let me post the same quotes again.  I know you are a bit slow at your age.

oh grizz you are the poster child of why there shouldnt be a 1 hour switch time during prime time.  or you also gonna deny how you would land and see buffs upping and promply switch and bring a 262.  but hey look at the bright side you did make #1 many  times  :salute.

semp

So what if I did that?

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2014, 12:05:15 AM »
Semp last time I checked, bombers have guns. So what if I did that? I was flying on a side with an absolutely redonkulous green horde and I said hey wouldn't that be fun to switch sides and go fight against 20+ enemies in my jet versus fighting over scraps with a bunch of hungry malnourished hyenas like yourself. I'm proud of the fact I have a pair of balls and am not afraid to switch sides to fight against a horde, jet or not. And fyi, fighting a horde in a jet and actually being lethal is harder to do than anything else in the game. I can't even do it worth a damn anymore because I no longer have that level of skill.

semp,  Hey dik. There is a lot more in his quote than what you choose to focus on

What about all of this, which puts everything in the proper context!!!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2014, 12:15:31 AM »
Independent of Hoplite's reply, you don't think all the points listed skews their perspective?  The group listed is not typical of the average AH player.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Your idea of stifling fun could well be seen as protection from spiez by the majority.

Wiley.

Everything you said here wiley is true, but lets not forget that everyone in these groups "and you" was at one time a typical AH player, and this is my point.

As far as spiez, there is no way now to limit spying, it merely takes a like minded friend or a second account! So IMHO the 12 hour rule as a reaction to spying is not effective and a poor excuse to maintain it.

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets