Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9503 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:03:24 AM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2014, 12:25:35 AM »
Where is that beating a dead horse emotacon?  Skuzzy:  we need one.

This is a "game" that asks you to think strategical in ACM (for the moment) and longer term (for half a day).

If you cant look at maps and gameplay and look STRATEGICALY ahead at least the few hours the game asks, then you either need to cut back on the caffeine or bennies or go play Slingo.

Back in the day folks could hop sides every 45 minutes and STILL whined and bellyached
 it was way to long.  There is no pleasing some folks.

If 12 hours is too long to wait, then do what  most of the guys in that group do and get a second computer and second account.  You can eyeball the enemy's moves on one PC and go kill them on the other.  Evidently this is not frowned upon by HTC hierarchy because I see it every day.  I guess as long as the extra cash keeps rolling in it's fair game.....lame or not.

ROX
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
Independent of Hoplite's reply, you don't think all the points listed skews their perspective?  The group listed is not typical of the average AH player.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Your idea of stifling fun could well be seen as protection from spiez by the majority.

Wiley.

It could be seen as such, but I have to agree it's not an effective control.  Two or three accounts the 12-hour rule becomes a non-factor....and some go to great lengths to win bases.

As I said before, I don't mind spiez....they are going to happen no matter what and to me are a reflection of the MA "warfare" environment....well...and people who like to gain an advantage at any cost.

So if the 12 hour side switch rule isn't effective at balancing the countries, and it isn't good at controlling spiez, what purpose does it serve?

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »
So if the 12 hour side switch rule isn't effective at balancing the countries, and it isn't good at controlling spiez, what purpose does it serve?

If 12 hours is too long to wait, then do what  most of the guys in that group do and get a second computer and second account.  

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm...."

:rofl

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:35:53 AM by Hoplite »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:06 AM »
Nobody cares semp. Move along.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2014, 12:38:51 AM »
dude my squad has nothing to do with this.  when I speak, I speak for myself and not for my squad.

and trust me you arent bullying me.  you actually make me laugh.

semp

He wasn't talking about you or your squad. I think you are easily the most defensive person on this board and you take a lot of what is said out of context or as a personal attack. Granted, you have earned some of them.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »
Simply put, the 12 hour idea was stupid. Only people I have ever seen cry about spying is those whos suck level it that of elton johns on his honey moon.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2014, 12:41:53 AM »
I cannot really keep posting it just makes me feel like I am bullying semp and wasting my time at the same time, I just thought that was funny I have noticed it in a general sense were you in their squad or something?

He wasn't talking about you or your squad. I think you are easily the most defensive person on this board and you take a lot of what is said out of context or as a personal attack. Granted, you have earned some of them.

sorry bear you can actually see how anybody could have misunderstood that  :rolleyes:

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »
sorry bear you can actually see how anybody could have misunderstood that  :rolleyes:

semp

The word of the day kids is, Comprehension.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:34 AM »

Back in the day folks could hop sides every 45 minutes and STILL whined and bellyached
 it was way to long.  

ROX
I remember when that never happened.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
You can lead a horse to water it seems....

:headscratch:

I did nothing more than point out a problem I felt the proponents needed to address to get HTC to take it seriously.   I even admitted I'd like to see the change enacted myself.  

I also pointed out that historically some proponents tend to be less than open-minded about opposing points of view.  JUGgler then proceeded to make statements that I will charitably term.....ahhhh.....'incautious' and 'poorly articulated'.  

I simply took his own statements at face value and used them to dispute his claim that his group is not a clique (it in fact meets the criteria quite nicely!).  

His statements seem to also indicate a high sense of self worth and an elitist worldview.  I'd point out this might explain his not being open to other opinions, but I think you get the point...

No personal attacks. No names. No need to resort to crude stratagems to get one's point across....even if it is still completely lost to some.  

(Image removed from quote.)

tootles.

Do you follow channel 200? This occurs many times a day.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2014, 12:46:38 AM »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.) Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm...."

:rofl

Quoting yourself? Same here. :D

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2014, 12:56:37 AM »

This is a "game" that asks you to think strategical in ACM (for the moment) and longer term (for half a day).

If you cant look at maps and gameplay and look STRATEGICALY ahead at least the few hours the game asks, then you either need to cut back on the caffeine or bennies or go play Slingo.

it was way to long.  There is no pleasing some folks.

If 12 hours is too long to wait, then do what  p do and get a second computer and second account.  You can eyeball the enemy's moves on one PC and go kill them on the other.  Evidently this is not frowned upon by HTC hierarchy because I see it every day.  I guess as long as the extra cash keeps rolling in it's fair game.....lame or not.

ROX

Well it has never been 45 minutes in the 12 years I've been here. Where exactly are you getting these facts about "most of the guys in that group" having a second computer and account? Nothing like exaggeration.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:08 AM »
Do you follow channel 200? This occurs many times a day.

Not anymore, but I grant you it's a good point.

A follow-up question:  Do you show mercy to those who say foolish things on 200?  

:D